You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Irish economy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Chopper 76 Chopper 76 wrote:

Its not going to happen Deise why would the chinks pick a priest infested backwater on the edge of europe to have a HQ ? it will go to somewhere more central in Europe.

thats the attitude to have chopper we need more people with your positivity in this country, is obvious that you have a drive for good ideas and putting our country out there, maybe you should get a job working for the IDA or Discover Ireland,

ya bellendConfused

Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 12:34pm
Fdi is not what we need deise they can pull the plug when they feel like it. Do you not think it would be better if there was more effort in supporting small / medium enterprises than encouraging the chinks to set up shop? I thought we would be too expensive to do business in conpared to east europe ? Oh i wouldn't mind working for IDA do they finish at 5?
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:33pm

Its not going to happen Deise why would the chinks pick a priest infested backwater on the edge of europe to have a HQ ? it will go to somewhere more central in Europe.
well especially not if people refer to them as chinks......

we have the lowest corporation tax in europe which makes ireland still attractive for foreign investment, and the cost base is decreasing. so i dont see why we wouldnt be considered. plus as always, the fact we speak english as a native language is a big advantage, with a relatively high level of education all round
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

well especially not if people refer to them as chinks......

we have the lowest corporation tax in europe which makes ireland still attractive for foreign investment, and the cost base is decreasing. so i dont see why we wouldnt be considered. plus as always, the fact we speak english as a native language is a big advantage, with a relatively high level of education all round

I think this forum disproves that factLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:35pm
exports and primary/secondary industries will create new wealth, services just pass the same money around.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:35pm
the unemployment increase may be due to students finishing college as opposed to people losing their jobs?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

the unemployment increase may be due to students finishing college as opposed to people losing their jobs?

Very true Shoco, seasonal unemployment I believe is the name…..i did economics for the Leaving!

So, things at the moment seem pretty much the same; ie muck BUT there may be some light at the end of the tunnel soon please god. Interesting.

deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2010 at 2:50am
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2013 at 10:52pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 5:26pm
Read that at the weekend.  The debate on whether we should be considered a tax haven was interesting. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

I find this report sickening, this country is a long way from being out of recession, i saw some dumb bitch on rte last night saying that her husband had gone from a three day week back to full time so everything was grand now,
as someone who has had to make 20 people redundant in the last few months i think the bubble heads who are running this country are so far removed form reality its shocking, the Dail has spent most of the week talking about the rights of animals and opposition parties using it as a political football just shows the weakness of the majority of policticans in this coutry.
I was only last night reading about this venture in Athlone to bring 10000 jobs to the area by providing a European hub for Chinese companies(link below). These are the things that should be headlines on our news and be discussed in the Dail  not weather its ok to chase bambi around the country side.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/welcome-to-lovely-athlone-the-bustling-new-beijingonshannon-2229548.html

rant over

Ah jaysus what ever happened to this?
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

I find this report sickening, this country is a long way from being out of recession, i saw some dumb bitch on rte last night saying that her husband had gone from a three day week back to full time so everything was grand now,
as someone who has had to make 20 people redundant in the last few months i think the bubble heads who are running this country are so far removed form reality its shocking, the Dail has spent most of the week talking about the rights of animals and opposition parties using it as a political football just shows the weakness of the majority of policticans in this coutry.
I was only last night reading about this venture in Athlone to bring 10000 jobs to the area by providing a European hub for Chinese companies(link below). These are the things that should be headlines on our news and be discussed in the Dail  not weather its ok to chase bambi around the country side.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/welcome-to-lovely-athlone-the-bustling-new-beijingonshannon-2229548.html

rant over

Ah jaysus what ever happened to this?
construction supposed to begin next year I think
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2013 at 9:12pm
Its by no means a certainty to happen. They had a really positive meeting about it last month in China. They were trying to sell this to the major companies to invest in. Its decision time now for those companies. We'll soon see.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 8:36pm
Piece on prime time tonight about Ireland being a tax haven
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2013 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

Piece on prime time tonight about Ireland being a tax haven
It is with regard to Corporation Tax and Business. The EU and the G8 want it to change, a rake of jobs rely on us being a haven though.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:05pm
According to latest data we are "officially" back in a recession.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 27 Jun 2013 at 12:05pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

According to latest data we are "officially" back in a recession.

balls Cry
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2013 at 12:46pm
Didn't even know we left the last one.
So is that 3 recessions in 5 years?
The dark side.. And the light
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic