You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Irish economy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Irish economy
    Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:19pm
One story i read on RTE.e says stats from the first 3 months of the year show we're coming out of the recession while another story on the site says that the unemployement rate has increased.

Tell me, do yous think things back home are getting better, still the same or even getting worse?
bannedscientist View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannedscientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2010 at 8:32pm
worse!
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:08am
Not anything like good news..........as stated, unemployment will continue to rise, and if/when Eurozone slips back into recession, things will continue to get worse..........no light at the end of this long tunnel yet

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 1:13am

Nothing beats positive morning posts .

I do think things are picking up as last year was bitter thou.

As always keep an eye on the States .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
samscafe View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samscafe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 2:25am
The global economy will grow by 9%-12% driven mainly by output from China and India. If you want to grow you need to be able to hang on to these guys and get exporting.
Certain mods are complete wankstains
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:15am
the fall in the Euro has and will continue to help our exports as we export a lot to the UK and the States. This should continue to improve things but by no means out of the sh1t yet.. 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:25am

ireland is far from out of the sh1t, but this is still a great sign

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 3:51am
Alot of propaganda driven by journos/economists under the thumb of Fianna Fail. We are f**ked for the next decade.

On a lighter note anyone for tennis?

Edited by Trap junior - 01 Jul 2010 at 3:52am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:02am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Alot of propaganda driven by journos/economists under the thumb of Fianna Fail. We are f**ked for the next decade.

Exactly.
How can these fools say we are coming out of recession when those idiots couldnt even predict the recession in the first place and most denied it was happening for 6/9 months.
Idiots.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:31am
out of recession my arse what a load of Fianna Failed propaganda crap, were fecked for the foreseeable future, I cant wait to see them ****s out of government.Angry

Edited by Chopper 76 - 01 Jul 2010 at 4:33am
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 4:55am
The recent growth was almost exclusively down to exports driven by foreign companies who also export their profits so I believe that when adjusted the economy actually shrank by a very small amount in that time. So I feel it's a false dawn.

I'm not an economist but in my simplistic take on this we have been totally hamstrung by the banks in my opinion. If they had behaved prudently I reckon we would have gotten the "soft landing" some were hoping for. Nobody denies a corporate body being ambitious and driven by profit but these guys were careless. If we were not now bankrolling these banks the economy would be in far better shape and there would be more money for the indigenous industries to borrow and to expand which is where the economy will truly thrive. Relying on non-national companies to drive the economy is false as they can (and will) pull out with no warning.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 5:41am
You're never coming back anyhow HM, so your thread doesn't really matter.

We're a long way from being outa the sh*t that's for sure.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 6:00am
Story on RTE.ie yesterday sayin somethin like 6000 added to the live register last month!!

Edited by BigPodge - 01 Jul 2010 at 6:00am
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 6:00am
2 redundancies every 5 minutes last month apparently
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 7:30am
unemployment always lags behind a recovery, having said that not much light on the horizon for the next year or 2 imo
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 7:46am

To be honest HM, I have less in my pocket now than 6months ago and its only gonna get worse. I thought I was gonna get through recession with little impact but facing upto redundancies now in my place of work (you know which one !) and some new fookin property tax comin in and I only bought me gaff last year!!

We are not coming out of recession, couple of lads on this forum have only become unemployed in last few days aswell
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 7:57am
I find this report sickening, this country is a long way from being out of recession, i saw some dumb bitch on rte last night saying that her husband had gone from a three day week back to full time so everything was grand now,
as someone who has had to make 20 people redundant in the last few months i think the bubble heads who are running this country are so far removed form reality its shocking, the Dail has spent most of the week talking about the rights of animals and opposition parties using it as a political football just shows the weakness of the majority of policticans in this coutry.
I was only last night reading about this venture in Athlone to bring 10000 jobs to the area by providing a European hub for Chinese companies(link below). These are the things that should be headlines on our news and be discussed in the Dail  not weather its ok to chase bambi around the country side.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/welcome-to-lovely-athlone-the-bustling-new-beijingonshannon-2229548.html

rant over
Chopper 76 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper 76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2010 at 8:01am
Its not going to happen Deise why would the chinks pick a priest infested backwater on the edge of europe to have a HQ ? it will go to somewhere more central in Europe.

Edited by Chopper 76 - 01 Jul 2010 at 8:02am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic