Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Hibernian F.C. Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 4:08pm
There are bad tackles in every game. IMO Lennon started the trouble by running out of his technical area and onto the pitch to confront a player.
It inflamed the situation after a bad tackle and i'm sure he regrets doing that today.

Duffy wouldn't have left his technical area had Lennon not been on the pitch, most likely.

Sponsored Links

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2017 at 9:42pm

https://thecelticblog.com/2017/03/blogs/the-neil-lennon-haters-are-pouring-out-of-the-ground-today-offering-their-pitiful-rationalisations/
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 8:50am
I await the ballad of Neil Lennon in the next few weeks.

"His only crime was starting a touchline brawl"
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:31am
How the f**k did he start the brawl? Have you watched the incident?

Edited by pre Madonna - 31 Mar 2017 at 10:31am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I await the ballad of Neil Lennon in the next few weeks.

"His only crime was starting a touchline brawl"
Dear me RB, your Lenny obsession is worrying.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 10:51am
It was a joke PM. There isn't actually going to be a Neil Lennon ballad written.

FW - not obsessed at all. I like the man. He's pretty irrelevant these days but saw the incident the other night and found it cringe and that he was out of order.
I find the clamour to defend him in this particular incident by the Celtic masses ridiculously blinkered and pathetic to be honest. Its almost as if he can do no wrong, and if he does we will harp back to tynecastle and the UVF.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 31 Mar 2017 at 10:55am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:09am

It was a joke PM. There isn't actually going to be a Neil Lennon ballad written.

FW - not obsessed at all. I like the man. He's pretty irrelevant these days but saw the incident the other night and found it cringe and that he was out of order.
I find the clamour to defend him in this particular incident by the Celtic masses ridiculously blinkered and pathetic to be honest. Its almost as if he can do no wrong, and if he does we will harp back to tynecastle and the UVF.
Yes, and that 'joke' implied he started it! He certainly played a part in it but the two key instigators were the Morton player for a severely reckless tackle, even by Scottish lower league standards and Duffy for immediately heading for Lennon in a very aggressive manner.
Interesting that a lot of fans of other teams in the division have been having a pop at Duffy for winding his teams up to much meaning his Morton side are fond of a careless tackle or two. I think it was a Falkirk player who broke his leg in two places after such a tackle.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:25am
Without wishing to bleat on about the incident.....people defending Lennon are saying he did what any manager would have done, defending his players etc.
I disagree with that as entering the field of play was inflammatory and he should be above that by now, no matter what the tackle was like. You didn't see Keane or ONeill on the pitch last Friday night to confront Taylor. There have been far worse tackles in football, where incidentally the manager hasn't felt the need to run onto the pitch like a mad man.
In my opinion Duffy has more right to say that he "did what any other manager would have done" if you want to go down that line of defending either manager, not that I would. (both were in the wrong)
If one manager runs onto the pitch to confront a player after a bad tackle, could it be argued that the other manager is going to want to defend his player?

Duffy didn't start the incident. It was well inflamed before he arrived on the scene.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 31 Mar 2017 at 11:26am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:38am

Without wishing to bleat on about the incident.....people defending Lennon are saying he did what any manager would have done, defending his players etc.
I disagree with that as entering the field of play was inflammatory and he should be above that by now, no matter what the tackle was like. You didn't see Keane or ONeill on the pitch last Friday night to confront Taylor. There have been far worse tackles in football, where incidentally the manager hasn't felt the need to run onto the pitch like a mad man.
In my opinion Duffy has more right to say that he "did what any other manager would have done" if you want to go down that line of defending either manager, not that I would. (both were in the wrong)
If one manager runs onto the pitch to confront a player after a bad tackle, could it be argued that the other manager is going to want to defend his player?

Duffy didn't start the incident. It was well inflamed before he arrived on the scene.

It was started by the tackle, Lennon then encroached on the field of play, which he shouldn't have. The referee was there to deal with the situation, then Duffy comes bursting down like a caveman at Lennon, I don't see how that could be construed as defending at all, that is wanting a fight. If Duffy doesn't go charging down there the referee could have handled, as soon as he did it was bedlam.
Trying to compare Lennon's reaction to that of other managers is pointless and irrelevant as no two situations are the same and no two people are the same. I would imagine that the proximity of the incident to the Hibs' dugout and the clear intent of the Morton player are what caused the reaction.
He shouldn't have encroached on to the pitch but it was comparatively minor, unless he said something untoward of course, though I am sure it would have been made public if he had.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:50am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It was started by the tackle, Lennon then encroached on the field of play, which he shouldn't have. The referee was there to deal with the situation, then Duffy comes bursting down like a caveman at Lennon, I don't see how that could be construed as defending at all, that is wanting a fight. If Duffy doesn't go charging down there the referee could have handled, as soon as he did it was bedlam.
Trying to compare Lennon's reaction to that of other managers is pointless and irrelevant as no two situations are the same and no two people are the same. I would imagine that the proximity of the incident to the Hibs' dugout and the clear intent of the Morton player are what caused the reaction.
He shouldn't have encroached on to the pitch but it was comparatively minor, unless he said something untoward of course, though I am sure it would have been made public if he had.

If Lennon stays in his technical area then this incident would never have been heard about by most.
It wasn't far off bedlam before Duffy arrived on the scene.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:53am
Read James Forrest's piece above RB. Lennon definitely not to blame for this, end of.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 11:55am

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

If Lennon stays in his technical area then this incident would never have been heard about by most.
It wasn't far off bedlam before Duffy arrived on the scene.
Standing 2 foot on the pitch doesn't cause a brawl! The reason it wasn't far off bedlam was Duffy's player, then Duffy made sure of it. 
I admit Lenny didn't cover himself in glory but it pales in comparison with the actions of Duffy and his player.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:00pm
Ah come off it now, please remove the blinkers. He wasn't just standing 2 foot on the pitch. He ran on to eyeball a player and wave his arms around at him like a madman. Incendiary in any league.

Also, have a look at Lennon after Duffy arrives on the scene. His head has still gone, throwing players, subs and the fourth official out of his way. Its not a competition as to who was in the wrong most. They were all out of order.

How anyone can defend Lennon here is baffling to me.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 31 Mar 2017 at 12:01pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:10pm

Ah come off it now, please remove the blinkers. He wasn't just standing 2 foot on the pitch. He ran on to eyeball a player and wave his arms around at him like a madman. Incendiary in any league.

Also, have a look at Lennon after Duffy arrives on the scene. His head has still gone, throwing players, subs and the fourth official out of his way.

It is funny that I was going to use the same phrase to you! I just watched it again to make sure I saw the same incident, where did he eyeball a player? He encroached on the pitch, appealed to the referee and then Duffy arrives to throw petrol on the fire.
Lennon actually backs off when Duffy arrives, he keeps shouting the odds and then Lennon does lose the cool and try to get at Duffy.
I am at a loss to see how is the problem in this incident, the fact that the Scottish tabloids haven't painted him as the villain says it all really!
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2017 at 12:15pm
Ah come on PM some people just need to feel faux outrage so they can have a pop and try come across all morally sophisticated
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2017 at 6:18pm
Efe Ambrose championship player of the monrh for March.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:46pm
Hibs promoted   

Edited by Double Maxim - 15 Apr 2017 at 5:47pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 5:54pm
About 2 seasons overdue, but great all the same. Hopefully they bring in 2/3 new players and can finish top 4 next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 35>
  Share Topic