You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Euro 2016 FAQ thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 4:13pm
Never asked for ID at a away game before myself, with so many tickets being swopped it would be a nightmare.
Sponsored Links

dan5times View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan5times Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 8:48pm
Do we need to bring our passport to the stadium with us??
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 10:25pm
SD, any tips on how to get home at short notice from Toulouse or Lyon, or would it be to just follow your tips to get to/from Lille and sailrail after the bus to London?
RyanH View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RyanH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2016 at 10:35pm
Great Info. I land in Bordeaux on the 14th at 10pm but there doesn't seem to be any buses at that time to La Rochelle. Any ideas how I could travel once I land?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2016 at 7:54pm
Toulouse to Paris: take the night train, saves on a night's accommodation. There are some late ones running after the last sixteen tie there.

Lyon to Paris: take the Ouigo.

Paris to London: Ouibus or, perhaps, "eurostar snap".

Eurostar snap is a new thing, fares only available on snap.eurostar.com, and you have to book at least seven days in advance. You only get to pick whether you want to travel in the morning (from the very first train, at 06:30 from Paris), or the afternoon (any time up til the last train of the day). They only tell you the exact time two days in advance and you need to print off a pdf ticket after that. However, the fares are only £25. The fares are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, but at £25, what more can you ask for? Eurostar snap is only available to and from Brussels, Paris and London: they're not available to and from Lille. The idea is to enable Eurostar to fill unoccupied seats easily and flexibly. The handiest way to figure out the most likely train you'll be put on is to look at what train has the cheapest tickets on the day you want to travel on the full eurostar website: that's liable to end up with the majority of snap ticket passengers. It's not always the earliest or latest train either.
farneybhoy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farneybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:43pm
Anyone on the Eurostar for Paris game will have restrictions on carrying and buying alcohol. Same applies to return journeys back to London the following day. Could be worse as some trains have a zero policy ( England games). Bottle of wine will do me. 

You will be travelling on a restricted alcohol service. This means

• We will limit the amount of alcohol that one passenger can bring through check-in to 4 beers or one bottle of wine. No spirits will be allowed.
  • Limited alcohol will be available to purchase on-board
  • Alcohol will be served in Standard Premier and Business Premier with your meal.

Edited by farneybhoy - 01 Jun 2016 at 5:43pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 4:51pm
At 07:55 in the morning, I don't actually mind if it's a restricted alcohol service. No one needs to be getting tanked up before noon.
farneybhoy View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farneybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

At 07:55 in the morning, I don't actually mind if it's a restricted alcohol service. No one needs to be getting tanked up before noon.
Agree but just putting the info out there. Bottle of wine i referred to was for return journey on 14th where restrictions will also be in place. No doubt some fans will be boozing at 8am though. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2016 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by farneybhoy farneybhoy wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Agree but just putting the info out there. Bottle of wine i referred to was for return journey on 14th where restrictions will also be in place. No doubt some fans will be boozing at 8am though. 

Can remember some lads being hammered on the 9am Eurostar over to Paris in 2004 : Doubt they saw much of the game that day !!!
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 8:03am
There's something in French on back of match tickets about passport/national identity card but I think I'll take photocopy of passport to stadium as don't fancy carrying original passport to stadium and possibly losing it. I'd imagine the French security service will have more important priorities than checking all passports of Irish fans.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2016 at 10:36pm
What every happened to the YBIG what's app group that The Gerk was posting about during the week . Can't find the topic anymore or is it just not happing anymore ?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2016 at 10:51pm
SD, I now have a huge credit card bill. Any ideas ??

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 12:11am
Prostitution, although that isn't an option for everyone.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 12:18am
Fcuk it, I'll stick to cattle rustling for the moment & see how I get on. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 7:31pm
Similar problem SD. I got a loan from the bank and now they want me to pay it back. I'm fairly anti pimping myself out so other suggestions would be welcome.
peterbelfast View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peterbelfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2016 at 12:30pm
Any information on how to get refunded from uefa if they charged u the delivery charge multiple times despite tickets all coming in the same envelope. They hit me with €90 charge for 1 envelope. I think o read that they have stated they will refund this, is it automatic or do u need to contact them
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 10:35am
email received from UEFA

Information about your conditional ticket refund

Dear Football Fan,

We would like to inform you that the refund process for your conditional tickets has been initiated. These tickets became invalid after the elimination of your team.

As a first step, the tickets have been cancelled and you can find an overview in the attached document.

You will soon receive another email regarding your refund.

Best regards,
UEFA EURO 2016™ Ticketing Team
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:18pm
Anybody else get a little shiver down their spine when they hear that David Guetta & Zara Larsson song from the Euros on the radio ??

Just me so !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic