You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Euro 2016 FAQ thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 1:48pm
New information added in light of the above question, based on best current information:

Can I use a debit card to pay for tickets?

The UEFA website says credit cards only can be used. HOWEVER, since the close of applications on the PNA portal, they have confirmed that debit cards can be used and will be accepted. This presumably also holds true for the general public portal which closes on the 1st February.

Can I change my payment details after the portal has closed?

No. Unfortunately, once the portal has closed, payment details may not be changed, whether this is the general public portal or PNA portal. The FAI do not have access to payment details. They only have access to the application data but they cannot assist in changing payment details. Unfortunately, if your card has been cancelled or has insufficient funds, it cannot be changed.

When will payment be taken for tickets?

Payment will be taken during February. As payment will only be attempted once, it is vitally important to ensure you have sufficient funds available to ensure any payment attempt will be successful. You should also have regard to the fact you may have to pay *more* than you think, in the event you are assigned tickets in a higher category and you should ensure you have enough funds to cover all eventualities. In particular, please note that if you have booked accommodation and provided your credit card as a guarantee, there is a chance the hotel in question may have placed a block on a certain amount of funds on your card or even taken payment already. As such, you should check your card account frequently to ensure you have sufficient funds.
Sponsored Links

conord97 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conord97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 6:32pm
Lads does anyone know if you can reactivate a credit card for a one off payment ? Not sure what to do as ive changed my credit card and cant change the details on the application anymore, just wondering if when uefa are taking the payment and they see that the payment wasnt taken will they ring and id then be able to give them the new credit card details ?

"The nation holds its breath"
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:37pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by conord97 conord97 wrote:

Lads does anyone know if you can reactivate a credit card for a one off payment ? Not sure what to do as ive changed my credit card and cant change the details on the application anymore, just wondering if when uefa are taking the payment and they see that the payment wasnt taken will they ring and id then be able to give them the new credit card details ?

Conor try phoning them there isn't a mission they will phone you
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
niall290 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niall290 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 11:43am
In the same boat Conor. Unfortunately we are doomed. Basically was told tough luck!
June 2012 party time!!
conord97 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conord97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 12:22pm
Its a pure balls niall, Cria gave me a number for Uefa there this morning so going to give them a ring today and hope for the best!
"The nation holds its breath"
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 7:53pm
Just giving this a bump for any goons like myself who can't move past the first page
mafitz View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mafitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2016 at 3:46pm
well done Dave sterling work, you are indeed SUPER
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:02pm
I've added a bit more on the resale portal. Loads of people are asking questions that have already been answered on here and elsewhere.
bryanod View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryanod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

I've added a bit more on the resale portal. Loads of people are asking questions that have already been answered on here and elsewhere.

That's some top work right there. Star
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:41pm
Excellent work here SD Thumbs Up Clap
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

BTW, for the resale portal you can enter your bank details as a backup should your credit card fail
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2016 at 5:26pm
I've added the following information about getting around Paris, Bordeaux and Lille to the first post:

2.8 Getting around Paris

What is the best way from the airports to the centre of Paris?
Fast "RER" trains connect Paris with its airports. These also link with the metro which will get you around Paris easily. There is a premium to pay for the airport trains, however, and they are not covered on ordinary tickets.

How do I get to the stadium in Paris?
The Stade de France is well connected with numerous stations on both the RER and Metro near the stadium. Which option is best depends on where in Paris you are coming from. A metro map is available here. It is not yet known if the match ticket will include free public transport on the day of the match, although it is anticipated that it may.

How much does a metro ticket cost and is there any sort of pass I can buy?
The best source of information on Paris transport is the official RATP website, http://ratp.fr/. A single ticket, valid on all forms of transport, costs €1.80. Be sure, however, to validate your ticket after purchase, as otherwise you may be deemed to be travelling without a ticket. You will likely only require a single "zone 1" ticket for any journeys around Paris, aside from going to and from the game. A book of 10 tickets is only €14.10, a significant saving on buying individual tickets. Especially if you are travelling in a group, this may make much more sense than just buying individual tickets for each trip you make. A two day "Paris Visite" card is €20 and a three day ticket is €27.30. While they have additional benefits, such as museum discounts, and include transport to and from Orly airport (but not CDG), they are unlikely to make sense, compared to buying individual tickets.

2.9 Getting around Bordeaux

What sort of public transport is available in Bordeaux?
Bordeaux has a tram system that connects the city centre with the stadium and other outlying areas. It is likely to be the easiest way of reaching the stadium on match day. Line C connects the city centre to the stadium, just north of the ring road, via a recently opened extension. Some older maps will not show the full length of this line, or may show it as "under construction". A map of the system is available here. Again, it is not known if match tickets will include transport on match day, although it may well do so. Further information is available on the website of the local transport authority, at http://www.infotbc.com/en. For further away locations, such as Arcachon, Bergerac and other outlying towns, trains depart from the main station at Gare St Jean. This is also located on line C of the tram. The last train to Bergerac departs at 20:05 on Saturdays and the last train to Arcachon is 22:05. However, this information should be checked directly o http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ closer to the time to ensure it remains accurate. It is likely that single tickets will make more sense than any sort of travel pass with the possible exception of those who are in Bordeaux for a full week for whom a 7 day pass may make sense. A single trip ticket is €1.50, a book of five is €6.70 and a book of ten is €12.40. A one day pass costs €4.60 and a 7 day pass costs €12.40.

2.10 Getting around Lille

What sort of public transport is available in Lille?
Lille has a metro system, which is driverless and automated, in addition to buses. The website of the local authority is available at http://uk.transpole.fr/. It is unknown if the metro will run later on matchdays, as it normally finishes at 00:20. This may change. Again, it is not known if this transport will be included free with the match ticket. A single ticket for the metro costs €1.50 and a book of 10 costs €12.50. A day pass costs €4 and a week long pass is €15.20. While the stadium is not directly connected with the metro, there are metro stations close to the stadium, which will take you back into the city centre after the game.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Mar 2016 at 9:54pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 6:41pm
I've added the following about booking trains from Bordeaux to Lille:

When can I book transport from Bordeaux to Lille and how much will it cost?
Flights may be an option between Bordeaux and Lille although they are likely to be the most expensive option. The train time is over five hours, and there are only four direct trains a day, all other options requiring transfers across Paris, including a metro transfer from Gare de Montparnasse to Gare du Nord.

At present, not all tickets have gone on sale for trains requiring transfers. The direct trains leave Bordeaux at approximately 7am, 9am, 3pm and 5pm. Fares for the direct TGVs are likely to start at approximately €25. The direct TGVs to Lille are likely to be double decker TGV Duplex trains. For best views, you should select "upper deck" when booking.

New information: it now appears tickets will not go on sale on the 10th March. Tickets will go on sale, via the three usual sites (the main one being http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/) on the following dates, for trains on each date below:
Sunday 19th June: tickets will go on sale on Saturday 19th March, 23:00 Irish time
Monday 20th June: tickets will go on sale on Sunday 20th March, 23:00 Irish time
Tuesday 21st June: tickets will go on sale on Monday 21st March, 23:00 Irish time
Wednesday 22nd June: tickets will go on sale on Tuesday 22nd March, 23:00 Irish time

This information may not be 100% accurate but appears to be the best guess at the minute. The usual caveat about setting a booking alert on http://en.voyages-sncf.com/en/ applies. However, it should be noted that booking alert emails are normally sent out in the early hours of the morning, after the ticket sales have been open for a few hours. As the cheapest tickets are likely to sell out relatively quickly, it could be that by waiting for the email and booking the following day may result in missing out on the very cheapest tickets. It should also be noted that "mini group" tickets (for 3 to 6 people) offer savings over buying individual tickets and it may help to book tickets like this rather than individually, depending upon how many cheap tickets remain for each train.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Mar 2016 at 9:55pm
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 7:00pm
on sale from February or March?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 7:03pm
Embarrassed

March. Whoops.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 7:09pm
no worries! 

thanks again for all the good info SuperDave - you've made this so much easier for so many people. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 10:37pm
Needs to be a sticky, eh MolemanWink
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
  Share Topic