You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 9:46am
Would you not run out of space on the digital one after a while and need to delete games though?
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:20am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Would you not run out of space on the digital one after a while and need to delete games though?

This will be an issue especially with the size of some of the new games. Biggest factor is you can only purchase the game from 1 place e.g. PlayStation store, they will know this so prices will most likely stay high for popular games. Also anyone that has stacks of ps4 games on disk won't be able to play them on the ps5

At least with the disk console you have the chance to pick up preowned games for cheaper

Ultimately having the digital console will probably cost you more in the long run between games and possibly having to purchase external memory for it
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

This will be an issue especially with the size of some of the new games. Biggest factor is you can only purchase the game from 1 place e.g. PlayStation store, they will know this so prices will most likely stay high for popular games. Also anyone that has stacks of ps4 games on disk won't be able to play them on the ps5

At least with the disk console you have the chance to pick up preowned games for cheaper

Ultimately having the digital console will probably cost you more in the long run between games and possibly having to purchase external memory for it

Yeah exactly. Good to have the option I suppose but really if you can stretch to pay the extra 100 it will work out a lot better in the long run.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 10:53am
digital edition for me, can’t remember the last time I bought a disc game and I’d prob get around 10 new games a year, always good deals on the store but with the new games they will be full price, but find that they are almost everywhere when they’re first out. You can buy a 1TB external hard drive for the PS4 for under €100 and presume the ps5 will also support this. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Personally I think the digital version is a rip off. £110 extra than the Xbox counterpart and the games on the PS store are typically priced at £59.99, it adds up quick.

People in the UK can get around having to own games by subscribing to Boomerang which is effectively an Online Blockbusters but with no disc tray it becomes a non-option also

The processor etc in ps5 digital edition is a lot better than its xbox counterpart. Really the ps5 digital console is the exact same thing as the ps5 just without the disk tray

Had to put my nerd hat on for this to see where the true value actually lies

Series X is actually 0.1 GHz faster but Series S is 0.1 GHz slower.

Graphics is also the same but PS5 is running at 2.2 GHz, Series X at 1.8GHz with S at 1.5 GHz.
Only difference in memory speed is the S is running 10gb where the 2 superior models are running 16gb

So to summarise it all 3 models are using the exact same parts but at different speeds

I still think the Xbox Series S is absolutely insane value for money, a PC desktop equivalent will cost you around £700 and don't forget Microsoft have exclusivity on EA access.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:00pm
That Series X is roughly 4 times less powerful then the main xbox and PS5. it doesn't do 4k and is only 4TF. It's harddrive is only a paltry 500gb and at least 100GB of that will be reserved for the OS.

You can check out game price histories on PSprices.Com and while games launch at full price they are reduced very fast particularly by Sony. God of war was just €20 6 months after launch for example. There are regular sales on the store making digital a good option.

If you've not pre ordered by now in most countries you probably won't get one before Christmas. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2020 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

That Series S is roughly 4 times less powerful then the main xbox and PS5. it doesn't do 4k and is only 4TF. It's harddrive is only a paltry 500gb and at least 100GB of that will be reserved for the OS.

I'm gonna assume you meant the S series so I've edited that bit for ya 

But it has a 1TB SSD slot in the back, which will only cost you around €70. Thumbs Up

Let's be honest here, looking at my comparison if you want the absolute best available you're gonna buy a PS5, if you just want to buy a console to play some EA titles or some other fashionable title, you're mugging yourself not buying an S.

The X series sits in somewhere of the mindset of I'm religiously an Xbox fan and I'm gonna buy all the top AAA titles.

Edited by coyne - 17 Sep 2020 at 2:14pm
Fitzinho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitzinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 10:24am
PS Store isn't the only place you can buy games for the digital edition. You can buy codes from other retailers online and them redeem the code in the PS store to download the game.

Disk space will be a massive issue on all three, latest COD was close to 150GB and needed additional capacity for installing patches when they were released, we'll all end up buying the expansion cards or external hdd's.

Series S is good value for what you get but to suggest it's anything near the power of PS5 or Series X purely based on CPU clock speed or installed RAM is incorrect. If you have to do a comparison it's the GPU which sets the Series X and PS5 apart from the Series S and even then there's far more to it.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:49am

Will you be able to play PS4 games on it? That's a definite improvement
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2020 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Fitzinho Fitzinho wrote:

Series S is good value for what you get but to suggest it's anything near the power of PS5 or Series X purely based on CPU clock speed or installed RAM is incorrect. If you have to do a comparison it's the GPU which sets the Series X and PS5 apart from the Series S and even then there's far more to it.

Some serious underestimating how powerful the S series is, it'd outperform a PC desktop equivalent worth about £900, for only £250. That's crazy no matter how it's spun.

It's like comparing a Ferrari (PS5) to a McClaren (X series) to an Aston Martin (S series) and then you have the Mazda, which is the PC gamers, it's good, it looks great but it's nowhere near the other 3

I then saw an argument where the S series runs upto only 4k resolution whereas the other 2 can run upto 8k resolution..  Well 8k resolution television's currently cost £3000 so that argument isn't going to be relevant anytime soon is it
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:02pm
Trying to pre order a headset for my godson and they're out of stock. Anywhere other then gamestop and smyths selling these things? 
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 7:15pm
What sort of headset are you looking for, eireland?
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

What sort of headset are you looking for, eireland?
The new one made for the ps5. Pulse 3d it's called. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 10:00pm
Amazon
Ebay
Argos maybe

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 10:59am
Anyone else get their hands on a new console the last few weeks. Took delivery of the ps5 on Thursday morning and have to say its gone above my expectations. The new features on the controller will make gaming experience better once game developers start utilising them.

I was a little worried about the size of it but its not as bad as pictures make it look. Its talk but its slimmer than expected 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2020 at 10:46am

Anyone else get their hands on a new console the last few weeks. Took delivery of the ps5 on Thursday morning and have to say its gone above my expectations. The new features on the controller will make gaming experience better once game developers start utilising them.

I was a little worried about the size of it but its not as bad as pictures make it look. Its talk but its slimmer than expected 

I got the Xbox myself. Without the next gen games or optimising for some of the older ones, it's hard to say just how much better it is than the One X, but there is still a very noticeable performance increase. Can't wait for Cyberpunk in 2 weeks time (provided the f**kers don't delay it again), it's been hyped beyond belief but looks like it's going to be incredible.
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2020 at 6:21pm
Can anyone help me? How do you buy Football Manager 2021 for the Xbox One? Is it an online-only game?
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2021 at 2:00pm
Re played Red Dead Redemption 2 again. Epic game.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic