You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Gaming Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 2:48pm
The last good CoD was BO1. I'm not into sc-fi games so haven't played one since
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 4:25pm
Modern Warfare 2 was the balls,one of my favourite FPS ever.The most recent ones have been bullsh*t though,basically a Hollywood movie with a small bit of playing thrown in between

San Andreas was the best GTA until 5 came along IMO,it had it all
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 4:51pm
In order I've had an Atari 2600, Commodore 64, Sega Megadrive, PS1, PS2, Xbox, xbox360 and ps3. I think I'm out now though I can't justify the spend on a new console as I use it mostly for madden, NCAA13 and Netflix these days.

Favourites games of all time include:

1. The football manager/championship manager series - been playing it 20 years.
2. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (1 and 2)
3. Skate 2 (and the other two but 2 was the best) a game I still go back to again and again to f**k around. The first I ever completed all of the DLC and took an active interest in online leaderboards.
4. Madden (been playing that since 95 although I prefer NCAA these days)
5. WWF smackdown vs raw series (great for multiplayer)

Some others I love Earthbound, Monkey Island, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, the NHL series, Fifa, Fable and brokensword.

I tried to get into Call of Duty but I am absolutely sh*te at FPS.

Edited by Flanno7hi - 17 Aug 2015 at 4:53pm
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:15pm
Anyone remember the game called Kurushi on PlayStation 1. Was a game where you were a man running around marking blocks to remove and you worked against the clock to remove them in time before you got squashed and got harder as the levels went on and at the end it gave you an IQ rating? Was trying to describe it a while back to mates but no one else remembered it. Thought maybe I might of dreamed it but just checked and yes it was a game. Lots of fun I must say
Flanno7hi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanno7hi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anyone remember the game called Kurushi on PlayStation 1. Was a game where you were a man running around marking blocks to remove and you worked against the clock to remove them in time before you got squashed and got harder as the levels went on and at the end it gave you an IQ rating? Was trying to describe it a while back to mates but no one else remembered it. Thought maybe I might of dreamed it but just checked and yes it was a game. Lots of fun I must say

Andy, I didn't know what the feck you were talking about until I just google image searched it. I loved that game it was so addictive. Clap
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Flanno7hi Flanno7hi wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Andy, I didn't know what the feck you were talking about until I just google image searched it. I loved that game it was so addictive. Clap

Maybe that's why me mates didn't know what I was talking about either, I'm describing it sh*t ha.

Yep loved it too. Think it was on the original playsation demo disc that came with the computer. If memory serves me correctly I bought it off eBay a few years later as I had loved playing it even on the demo.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:27pm
Absolutely loved G Police for PS1.

Like a Blade Runner dystopian type of game.

I remember the ads on tv for it.
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:45pm
Don't think any game will ever beat Final fantasy 7 for me just amazing story line, characters and of course soundtrack
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Don't think any game will ever beat Final fantasy 7 for me just amazing story line, characters and of course soundtrack

And it's getting remade....eventually.I'd nearly buy a PS4 just for it
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 6:58pm
I'm thinking of buying a new console. Either the XBox Wan or the XBox 360. Is there much point in getting the 360 these days? 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Pondering it myself never bothered with a Ps4 or ps3 until housemate got one
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:05pm

Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Pondering it myself never bothered with a Ps4 or ps3 until housemate got one

Plenty of time to ponder over it,can't see this being released for at least another 2 years
Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:11pm
You should be able to pick up a ps3 or 360 fairly cheap nowadays, the only downside they stopped making games for them
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 8:42pm
I never really liked first person shooters, until Halo. Fell in love with that. But COD never really gripped me.

RE GTA, my favourite will always be Vice City!!
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

I never really liked first person shooters, until Halo. Fell in love with that. But COD never really gripped me.

agree 100% best of all of them
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2015 at 10:47pm

Soundtrack alone was the balls but my only fault with the game, the streets were too narrow.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 9:34am

+1

GTA V a very close second though, unbelievable game!
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2015 at 9:45am
I'm currently playing the Gears of War games on Xbox 360, near the end of the 3rd one now, absolutely love them.

The Assassin's Creed games are superb as well, have yet to play the last 3 so looking forward to them!

A friend was telling me how he set up a game emulator on his computer, can play most of if not all games off pretty much every console that has ever existed, he has then hooked it up to his telly and bought a controller and hey presto he has hundreds of games at his disposal!

I haven't a clue how it works but if/when I figure it out I'll let y'all know!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic