You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Football League 1 Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


The Football League 1 Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
Author
Message
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
OAPs apply within xx

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 29084
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Or perhaps he was spotted a few mins earlier than shown and they got a few stats or maybe the commentators, you know having covered a bit of football from time to time were aware of the red card stat. Youre really nit picking here for no reason. 
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland
Status: Online
Points: 13908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Or perhaps he was spotted a few mins earlier than shown and they got a few stats or maybe the commentators, you know having covered a bit of football from time to time were aware of the red card stat. Youre really nit picking here for no reason. 

Wouldn't say I was nit picking at all. The bloke makes high profile Premier League games all about himself and that's a fact and that's why he's a knob so I would say alot of people on Social Media would jump to the same conclusion as I did
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Or perhaps he was spotted a few mins earlier than shown and they got a few stats or maybe the commentators, you know having covered a bit of football from time to time were aware of the red card stat. Youre really nit picking here for no reason. 

Wouldn't say I was nit picking at all. The bloke makes high profile Premier League games all about himself and that's a fact and that's why he's a knob so I would say alot of people on Social Media would jump to the same conclusion as I did
I see the problem here now; because a lot of absolute ****s who want  attention  think he is an absolute ****  who wants attention, then we all have to give them attention and him attention?
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar
The F The F The FAI

Joined: 30 Jun 2009
Location: Abbottstown
Status: Offline
Points: 9155
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:40pm
Only a proper knob would come to that conclusion, congratulations knobby knob LOL
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
OAPs apply within xx

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 29084
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:40pm
So what you’re alluding to here is that he made Tranmere's win about himself? It’s ridiculous Coyne, come on man ffs. By all means criticise bad performances when he's on the pitch. Tonight he was a supporter attending his teams play off semi final. He did nothing more or less than 99% of other fans there and happened to enjoy himself in the process...big fecking deal..just because he’s a high profile ref does not mean he cant go to or enjoy a match. 
Back to Top
coyne View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar

Joined: 17 Aug 2013
Location: Sunderland
Status: Online
Points: 13908
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

So what you’re alluding to here is that he made Tranmere's win about himself? It’s ridiculous Coyne, come on man ffs. By all means criticise bad performances when he's on the pitch. Tonight he was a supporter attending his teams play off semi final. He did nothing more or less than 99% of other fans there and happened to enjoy himself in the process...big fecking deal..just because he’s a high profile ref does not mean he cant go to or enjoy a match. 

That's the problem though innit. We're never gonna know what was going through his head LOL

I mean like you can't expect him to hide underneath the seats while everyone else is celebrating but he does have a reputation for being an attention seeking knob so we'll have to agree to disagree on this one LOL
Back to Top
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
#No1 on breaking news on bad news

Joined: 03 Feb 2008
Location: Ath Cliath
Status: Online
Points: 34404
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:48pm
Good f**king christ LOLLOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Back to Top
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar
OAPs apply within xx

Joined: 17 Jul 2009
Location: Monaghan/Dublin
Status: Online
Points: 29084
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:48pm
I think it’s pretty clear whats going through his head though, he’s very clearly in the moment. He may have a rep for it while whistling in matches but how do you know thats what hes doing, you’ve just said “were never going to know what was going through his head”...surely that extends to him reffing also as you claim he knew the cameras where on him tonight.

Anyway, as you say our disagreement on this issue is agreed.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 10:52pm
It's f**king thoughtcrime now! LOL
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 29030
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2019 at 11:18pm
He knew he was going to be on TV, apparently he was heard asking “is my hair looking ok” before standing up on the seat. 

Sub human scum 



Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 May 2019 at 11:19pm
Back to Top
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 26 Sep 2011
Location: Waterford
Status: Offline
Points: 5061
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:11pm
Tranmere promoted, delighted for Mike Dean, hope he enjoys the celebrations Clap
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Tranmere promoted, delighted for Mike Dean, hope he enjoys the celebrations Clap
He is an absolute disgrace! Imagine a football fan happy that his team won promotion! He has made it all about him.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Location: Meath
Status: Offline
Points: 8865
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 3:08pm
What a goal for the Charlton keeper to concede LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What a goal for the Charlton keeper to concede LOL
Unbelievable! What a time to have a howler like that!

I thought this would sell out?

Embarrassing from O'Nien there, he should have been booked.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 16 Oct 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 2436
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 3:32pm
What was he looking at? People in the crowd? Probably the most bizarre goal in the history of the play offs.
Back to Top
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
I am MALDING

Joined: 30 Nov 2014
Location: Trumpton
Status: Offline
Points: 38561
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 3:38pm
That f**king chant should be punishable by death. Maybe Manchester City can arrange it!

It's all Charlton now though.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
Back to Top
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 27 Mar 2012
Location: Meath
Status: Offline
Points: 8865
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

What a goal for the Charlton keeper to concede LOL
Unbelievable! What a time to have a howler like that!

I thought this would sell out?

Embarrassing from O'Nien there, he should have been booked.

76k is still a decent crowd, not sure how big the Charlton fan base is but I'd imagine Sunderland brought big numbers.

Cullen has looked alright, does the simple things well and comfortable in possession. Assist for the 2nd goal too.


Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Online
Points: 28244
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:55pm
I think it was 93 and 58 seconds when that goal went in.
Nightmare.
     
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.