Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 182>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
Treaty the most obvious choice surely.  Plenty of Dublin teams and hard to see how Wexford could sustain 2 teams 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 4:38pm
Carlow Kilkenny in the running as well. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Treaty the most obvious choice surely.  Plenty of Dublin teams and hard to see how Wexford could sustain 2 teams 
Yola will play under the name Wexford. It’ll be a merger of sorts, Yola is a new club 
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 5:08pm
From Wexford lads and Im telling you it would make some difference. Everyone around local football absolutely hate Wexford Fc and from what I know this is going to be run by people from all over Wexford football. Unfortunately they will keep playing in Ferrycarrig Park but I can guarantee better crowds there at least

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

From Wexford lads and Im telling you it would make some difference. Everyone around local football absolutely hate Wexford Fc and from what I know this is going to be run by people from all over Wexford football. Unfortunately they will keep playing in Ferrycarrig Park but I can guarantee better crowds there at least

I just assumed Yola FC was a joke? Their twitter page comes across as a parody 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Carlow Kilkenny in the running as well. 

Said they're not, not for a few years, shame, would've been good to have them 
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2020 at 9:29pm
Wexford's location is a hinderince to the club. Young fellas can't walk up to that ground on their own like other teams.
wexfordman1 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wexfordman1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2020 at 7:20pm
The Twitter is a parody alright but Yola are a club seeking a license
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 4:27pm
Longford would have been the last of the five play off teams I'd have picked to win it, fair play to them

First division is going to be very competitive next year 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 4:43pm
Alright lads what's the craic?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Alright lads what's the craic?

Welcome home back 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Longford would have been the last of the five play off teams I'd have picked to win it, fair play to them

First division is going to be very competitive next year 
Maybe we have to call it something else other than the graveyard .

Any ideas ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Tribesman91 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribesman91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:06pm
Purgatory 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:34pm
recovery ward.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:22am
FAI have asked Premier clubs if they'd be interested in Fielding a B team in the division next year Dead
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:27am

FAI have asked Premier clubs if they'd be interested in Fielding a B team in the division next year Dead
Empty gesture. Bar Rovers and Dundalk there isn't another club in the country in a position to do so. 
I didn't mind Rovers in the end last season. Granted they're the reason Ramblers didn't make the play offs on the last day but still. They were competitive which exceeded expectations.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Empty gesture. Bar Rovers and Dundalk there isn't another club in the country in a position to do so. 
I didn't mind Rovers in the end last season. Granted they're the reason Ramblers didn't make the play offs on the last day but still. They were competitive which exceeded expectations.

How did the movement of players between the 2 teams work. I know the like of Scales and Dean Williams played for both but was there a limit for how many players could drop down?

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 5:12pm
Irish Sea FC/ Dublin County have been invited to apply for a licence for the First Division new year season but St Francis have been rejected. Bizarre. What is the point of this club?

Treaty United also accepted.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 156157158159160 182>
  Share Topic