You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 182>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Jackal Jackal wrote:

Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

no limerick club in loi for the first time in 82 years while millions were pissed away in the fai.
I am no fan of the FAI and they certainly don’t care about the league, but they aren’t responsible for Limerick going to the wall. Nor were they responsible for any of the others. You can say their neglect is a factor, sure, but the buck stops at the clubs themselves.
If the FAI was giving a much bigger share of their revenue like the IRFU and GAA do to their top teams everybody would be far better off. 
The GAA put 85% of their income back into clubs. The FAI squander theres. 
But they are completely incomparable! 

There is no question the FAI runs the game badly in Ireland and has ignored the game, but this is Limerick’s fault. The FAI haven’t helped, but they are only partly to blame. 
And that's why I'm partly blaming them. Look at the GAA. You have counties like Galway and Mayo being run as badly as the likes of Limerick but they'll never go bust because they have the GAA to back them up. They'll force change in the running of the counties and straighten things up in return for financial help. We've seen that happen recently with counties like meath and Kildare. 

i dont they can go bust as they arent companies...
Come on Irelind
Sponsored Links

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 3:55pm
They're all unincorporated associations and they all get bailed out by the central organisation. They could go bust in the sense that they could renege on any debts owed but the GAA don't tend to allow that to happen.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 4:45pm
So a whole season just to eliminate 4 teams from promotion

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

So a whole season just to eliminate 4 teams from promotion

Three of which will be athlone, Cabo and Wexford, its ridiculous
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

The playoffs are being extended next season to 5th place, so it will be 2nd vs 5th and 3rd vs 4th across two legs to qualify for the playoff final. 
6th place if Rovers B team finish high.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by AnCearrbhach AnCearrbhach wrote:

5th of 9 is way too far down to get in a play-off
Ah I like the idea, keeps the pressure up right to the end of the season. Its crap at the moment if you've a bad start you just coast for the second half of the season with nothing to play for. 

Edited by Shedite - 12 Dec 2019 at 9:51pm
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:16pm
Rovers B team to get the go ahead, despite all nine teams in the division objecting to it Dead
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Rovers B team to get the go ahead, despite all nine teams in the division objecting to it Dead

That confirmed?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2020 at 3:23pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2020 at 1:00pm
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:00pm
Rovers B Confirmed.
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 4:41pm
boo... everyone should play weak teams against them... give them no competition let them win .. they cant go up so it'll be  waste of time
Come on Irelind
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 8:15pm
If they want to waste money on it, that's their prerogative. I understand the concerns of other clubs in the First Division, obviously the FAI don't. The main concern is that of player movement - should only be allowed during transfer windows. 
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:25pm
Limerick fc clear to apply for a licence LOL

What a shambles 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:55pm
nlec and fai didn’t read the rulebook not the first time this has happened as all gufc supporters know.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 8:59pm
looks like there will be limerick derbies in the underage leagues this year LOL
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 9:11pm
They'll apply and then be refused a licence more than likely for probably a made up reason from the licencing committee. Pretty straight forward, saves the fai the hassle of a legal battle. 

Edited by wanderer - 17 Jan 2020 at 9:15pm
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2020 at 10:42pm
Pat O Sullivan has “secured substantial investment” and has called for a merger in Limerick football LOL He has no players with 4 weeks until the season starts. 
Will there be a 11 team league?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 146147148149150 182>
  Share Topic