Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 181>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:55pm
Came back to 3-2, but presuming Cobh win tomorrow, throws away the gain made last week when Cobh lost to Longford & brings UCD back in to the mix as well. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:59pm
Thought I spoke to soon alright! It is still a three way battle it seems.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2017 at 9:19pm
Cobh beaten again , drop to third.
Blues 4 points clear
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2017 at 5:23am
Waterford go 6 points clear after last nights results. We completely dominated game v Wexford but only won 2-1 with Mark O'Sullivan scoring another header to win it after we had gone 1-0 down just before half time. McDaid came on at half time and scored penalty to level it.
Cobh beaten and UCD drew so gives us a nice lead heading into last 9 games.
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2017 at 11:36am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How's Kenny McEvoy playing these days?

Meant to answer this earlier. Fairly awful, is the short answer. He isn't cut out for the physical aspect of this league. I know some would reply that what winger is, but it is visibly affecting his confidence, he often won't take men on for fear of getting kicked, so instead, stops & checks back, before passing backwards or sideways. 

As a positive, what he does have, given time & space, is an exceptionally accurate cross, when he does get them in, they nearly always find the target. But that really isn't happening often enough, all too often he hides from the game hugging the touchline waiting for the ball to come to him, he doesn't get involved enough in the play in general. 

The other winger we have, Derek Daly, is a young lad from Dublin, ex Chesterfield, and has been playing left back for a good chunk of the season due to injuries. This fella is a great lad, tackles like a defender, quick on the break, has a trick or 2 to get past defenders and a great cross on him too, in short, he has the same as McEvoy with a load of other stuff McEvoy doesn't.

I would go as far as to say I think McEvoy would be doing well to get a contract for the Premier should Waterford get promoted, even if he does, on this season's performances, he will be a squad player only.

Will give ye a name to look out for though, John Martin, 18 yr old central midfielder. We will be hearing more about this fella, whether at LOI level, or something more. 

Kenny McEvoy has left Waterford by mutual consent. He's moving back to England to take a full time job apparently. I'm not sure if it's in football or outside but he was a disappointment as you said there and didn't play in last few games at all.
Paul Keegan ex Bohs, Drogheda and Doncaster Rovers has been signed now for rest of season.

UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 5:01pm
SSE Airtricity League, Fri 21st Jul, UCD AFC v Athlone Town, UCD Bowl, ko 19:45

Glad I can post after UCD's recent modest results (i didn't like to get a reputation of triumphalism). The Students are off the pace but still playing it on the deck. Greg Sloggett haa taken over in the absence of injured Gary O'Neill. Should be a good game of Football in front of a lively crowd. #COYBIB #UCDFANS
www.ucdsupporters.ie
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2017 at 9:50pm
Huge win for the Blues tonight, promotion should be a formality now
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 4:28am
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

Huge win for the Blues tonight, promotion should be a formality now

Not far off HC, keep the oul heads and it should be in the bag, genuinely not sure even if we were to have a bad run that Cobh or UCD are quite good enough to take advantage of it, we are effectively 10 points ahead (9 points plus a vastly superior goal difference to either) with 7 games left. 

I see from the dreaded social media that Hendo was doing a bit of (what he thought) was light hearted stirring of WFC pre game, posting photos of himself outside the local business interests of some of our ex-board of directors, while stating ''Strolling around Waterford looking for a few friendly faces, not happening so far'', while dressed in his usual ''poor man's Roddy Collins'' clobber. 

I'll be the first to say I think he was treated shabbily by the club, and indeed a court of law found he was fully entitled to financial compensation for what they ruled was an unfair dismissal, but to do that outside the business premesis of our Ex-Chairman John O'Sullivan (Sully), a man who has put far more into the LOI than he ever got out of it, and indeed was more or less single handedly responsible for keeping WUFC/WFC alive for much of the past decade, and also has been battling a serious health issue for the past few years, was in exceptionally poor taste. 

I genuinely thought Hendo had a lot more class & dignity about him than resorting to cheap stunts like attempting to mock a man (whom he had a justifable legal disagreement with) battling a life threatening illness, regardless of his opinions of how his tenure at WUFC (as then was) ended. Either horribly misjudged, or an exceptionally horrible ***t. 

Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2017 at 7:36am
Great win last night with all 4 goals in 2nd half. 1852 there so it's great to see the interest back in the club. What a change from the last few years when we were struggling near the bottom of first division playing in front of a few hundred.
I agree with the comments about Henderson. Poor form from him. Waterford did their talking on the pitch not on social media so that should keep him with his fancy hats quiet for a while!
alex2012 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex2012 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2017 at 3:51pm
People of Ireland. I'm looking for people around Ireland that would like to get paid regularly to go to football, basketball and volleyball matches and use online tools to report match events. 37 quid per match you'll get paid for watching matches!
need people in cities:
Cork,Dundalk,Derry,Limerick,Sligo,Galway,Drogheda,Waterford,Longford town,Wexford,Athlone,Dublin.
if anyone interesting contact by email:

alekseifirsmega@gmail.com

sorry.but position in Dublin closed.

Edited by alex2012 - 26 Jul 2017 at 7:14am
Dragon_Khan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon_Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2017 at 1:53pm
I'll be back in the country for El Classico in August, going to bring two young lads to their first live football match at the Flan Siro. Fenn seems to be doing a decent enough job at managing the team so far
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Will give ye a name to look out for though, John Martin, 18 yr old central midfielder. We will be hearing more about this fella, whether at LOI level, or something more. 

The Irish Mirror reporting John Martin & Aaron Drinan (a new signing from Cork, where he was highly rated, but has only played one away game for Blues & I haven't seen him) gone or going to Ipswich on a trial. 

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 7:53pm
Hat trick for David O'Sullivan in the first 13 minutes against Athlone in the Midlands Derby. Could be a record defeat. 2 subs on the Athlone bench.
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Is it true that O'Sullivan has scored 3 hat tricks against Athlone this season and that they are his only goals this season?
adineen98 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adineen98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by tribalarmy tribalarmy wrote:

Hat trick for David O'Sullivan in the first 13 minutes against Athlone in the Midlands Derby. Could be a record defeat. 2 subs on the Athlone bench.

2 subs? I'm well aware of that situation at Athlone lately but that's a shambles
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:06pm

Is it true that O'Sullivan has scored 3 hat tricks against Athlone this season and that they are his only goals this season?

It would appear so. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2017 at 9:10pm
Originally posted by adineen98 adineen98 wrote:

2 subs? I'm well aware of that situation at Athlone lately but that's a shambles

It's the sign of the times though!

When you consider Wexford Youths are doing most of their transfer business in Carlow!

I can name 4 or 5 lads who were playing in the Carlow Legaue only 3 months ago who now start week in week for Wexford. Pay is non existent and players get nothing more than a few quid for expenses.

The standard is dire and lads with full time jobs couldn't be arsed committing. 

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
CaroG View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaroG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 12:50am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

It would appear so. 

Yeah he got two hat-tricks in the league against them and one in the EA sports cup
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 133134135136137 181>
  Share Topic