Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The First Division Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 182>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 9:59pm
Ramblers go top after they win at Shels and Waterford are held at home by UCD. I don't know how long Ramblers can keep it going but fair play to them, nice to have a Cork team on top of both divisions.
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Ramblers go top after they win at Shels and Waterford are held at home by UCD. I don't know how long Ramblers can keep it going but fair play to them, nice to have a Cork team on top of both divisions.

Some goal to win it too. (see Ramblers twitter page)
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2017 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Some goal to win it too. (see Ramblers twitter page)

Cracking finish. ClapClapClap
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 7:45am
It was a frustrating draw for Waterford at home to UCD last night in a decent game. Waterford dominated first half and hit the crossbar when UCD defender sliced the ball almost scoring an og. UCD scored in first half injury time on the break. 2nd half Waterford got on top again and equalised with Davy McDaid scoring. Kenny McEvoy shot just wide near the end with a good chance to win it. The top 3 are opening up a gap now on other teams.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2017 at 1:56pm
Never mind trev,youll have games against bohs shams and pats next season,provided you manage to stay in the first.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 4:08pm
How's Kenny McEvoy playing these days?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Asset for Waterford's winner last night, can't comment overall! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
trevwaterford View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trevwaterford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 7:23pm

He's been a bit disappointing as a lot of fans expected more from him. He missed a great chance last night sending a free header well over which would have wrapped up the game instead of hanging on for a 1-0 win again.
He is looking more of a threat now in last couple of games in fairness and played a nice pass to set up the goal last night.
Top of the table game away to Cobh next weekend. We haven't been brilliant this season but our very solid defence is seeing us through games.

RKBarmyArmy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 5:07pm
Went down to Cobh v Waterford on Saturday evening, poor enough game really with both sides void of any real spark or quality. Think if Cobh do get promoted then they are going to be in serious trouble financially because its clear the town itself has no interest in supporting it senior LOI club. I would say there was maybe 500 at it and that includes about 70 Waterford fans which was also a poor showing. 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by RKBarmyArmy RKBarmyArmy wrote:

Went down to Cobh v Waterford on Saturday evening, poor enough game really with both sides void of any real spark or quality. Think if Cobh do get promoted then they are going to be in serious trouble financially because its clear the town itself has no interest in supporting it senior LOI club. I would say there was maybe 500 at it and that includes about 70 Waterford fans which was also a poor showing. 

Ah jesus there was a bit more than that at it. EDIT: Approx attendance was 900

Unfortunately with the Munster game on at the same time, plus the FA CUP final they lost out on a few extra bums on seats.

The interest in the town is there, don't worry about that too. There was 2000 from Cobh in the aviva for the Intermediate cup final two weeks ago.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 30 May 2017 at 5:22pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:20am
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Ah jesus there was a bit more than that at it. EDIT: Approx attendance was 900

Unfortunately with the Munster game on at the same time, plus the FA CUP final they lost out on a few extra bums on seats.

The interest in the town is there, don't worry about that too. There was 2000 from Cobh in the aviva for the Intermediate cup final two weeks ago.

900 really? Have to say Im surprised by that, didnt look anything close to it but you'd be a better judge than me at St.Colemans. 

I base my comments about the town not giving its support to Ramblers on my last few visits, this was my second time down this season and I had a good few trips down last year, and the attendances have been pretty shocking at all of them, last Saturday obviously being a slight upgrade. Henderson is doing a fantastic job but I hope the club have plans in place in the event they do get promoted because it could be disastrous like the last time if not done properly. 

But all the same I always love watching a game of ball at St.Colemans, great place on a warm evening like last Saturday, and both sets of fans created a good atmosphere. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 11:32am
Cobh attract a higher percentage of their town's population to LOI games than Cork City do..............
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RKBarmyArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 12:40pm

Cobh attract a higher percentage of their town's population to LOI games than Cork City do..............

I wasnt talking about Cork City I was talking about Cobh Ramblers, not everything has to go back to Cork City. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:13pm

I wasnt talking about Cork City I was talking about Cobh Ramblers, not everything has to go back to Cork City. 
Pick any team and in any town/city you want. Cobh has a population of around twelve thousand, they are getting more of their population in than most others, bar  probably Sligo and Dundalk.
deiseblue View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deiseblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2017 at 10:40pm
Cobh beaten by Longford.
Blues 5 points ahead.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by deiseblue deiseblue wrote:

Cobh beaten by Longford.
Blues 5 points ahead.

Beat Cobh in one of the 2 games we have to play against them and that should really be enough to ensure they can't catch us, even if we lose the other one. Or 2 draws, whichever. Much the same for UCD, playing them away on Friday, don't lose that & they too are unlikely to catch us. Should have beaten Cabinteely by 6 too. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2017 at 11:17pm

Meant to answer this earlier. Fairly awful, is the short answer. He isn't cut out for the physical aspect of this league. I know some would reply that what winger is, but it is visibly affecting his confidence, he often won't take men on for fear of getting kicked, so instead, stops & checks back, before passing backwards or sideways. 

As a positive, what he does have, given time & space, is an exceptionally accurate cross, when he does get them in, they nearly always find the target. But that really isn't happening often enough, all too often he hides from the game hugging the touchline waiting for the ball to come to him, he doesn't get involved enough in the play in general. 

The other winger we have, Derek Daly, is a young lad from Dublin, ex Chesterfield, and has been playing left back for a good chunk of the season due to injuries. This fella is a great lad, tackles like a defender, quick on the break, has a trick or 2 to get past defenders and a great cross on him too, in short, he has the same as McEvoy with a load of other stuff McEvoy doesn't.

I would go as far as to say I think McEvoy would be doing well to get a contract for the Premier should Waterford get promoted, even if he does, on this season's performances, he will be a squad player only.

Will give ye a name to look out for though, John Martin, 18 yr old central midfielder. We will be hearing more about this fella, whether at LOI level, or something more. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 9:21pm
UCD 3 up at home to Waterford to keep it interesting, just as they were starting to look comfortable at the top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 132133134135136 182>
  Share Topic