You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 33 minutes ago at 10:16am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.
There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****

Ah yes, that's true. Everyone deserves a fair trial etc. But handling it in the best interest of their client by obstructing the proceedings is objectionable, IMO. Lawyers can hide behind professional justification all they want, but if they're not court-appointed, and take these jobs voluntarily then I have little respect for their motivation. 

Is it not the company who takes on the client rather than the solicitor? As in do the solicitors have a choice? 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 9 minutes ago at 10:40am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is it not the company who takes on the client rather than the solicitor? As in do the solicitors have a choice? 

The solicitor has a choice which company they work for. Some solicitor firms would stay well away from it. Had a solicitor friend whos company dealt a lot with with house evictions. She hated it so she moved firms.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3 hours 8 minutes ago at 10:41am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.
There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****

Ah yes, that's true. Everyone deserves a fair trial etc. But handling it in the best interest of their client by obstructing the proceedings is objectionable, IMO. Lawyers can hide behind professional justification all they want, but if they're not court-appointed, and take these jobs voluntarily then I have little respect for their motivation. 

They could have studied harder and got jobs more beneficial to society.
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504
  Share Topic