You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 539>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.
There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****

Ah yes, that's true. Everyone deserves a fair trial etc. But handling it in the best interest of their client by obstructing the proceedings is objectionable, IMO. Lawyers can hide behind professional justification all they want, but if they're not court-appointed, and take these jobs voluntarily then I have little respect for their motivation. 

Is it not the company who takes on the client rather than the solicitor? As in do the solicitors have a choice? 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:40am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Is it not the company who takes on the client rather than the solicitor? As in do the solicitors have a choice? 

The solicitor has a choice which company they work for. Some solicitor firms would stay well away from it. Had a solicitor friend whos company dealt a lot with with house evictions. She hated it so she moved firms.  
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 10:41am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I always wonder about the moral character of solicitors who defend utter c***s like Delaney. They must be just as bad. 

Edit: I've just read that Eames was a member of Fianna Fail and was nonimated to the Seanad by Charlie Haughey in 1982. Enough said.
There's lads whose job it is to defended the worst murderers and rapists out there too, a job's a job. They have to handle it professionally in the best interest of their client. I don't think defending a murderer makes you a murderer. Similarly, defending a **** like John Delaney doesn't make you a ****

Ah yes, that's true. Everyone deserves a fair trial etc. But handling it in the best interest of their client by obstructing the proceedings is objectionable, IMO. Lawyers can hide behind professional justification all they want, but if they're not court-appointed, and take these jobs voluntarily then I have little respect for their motivation. 

They could have studied harder and got jobs more beneficial to society.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:16am
https://twitter.com/marktigheST/status/1322693181096497153?s=19

What a horrible person! Whoever stuck up for him should really take a look at the type of company they were in.

Delaney, not mark tighe. Tighe is a national treasure.

Edited by seanyshuffler - 01 Nov 2020 at 1:24am
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:19am
Does her side have the chance to make discovery orders in this case 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Nov 2020 at 1:25am
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2020 at 10:09pm
the RTÉ doc this Monday night. Really looking forward to it
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Sorry 
Yep i think Gerk is front and centre , Ohhhh Goodnees i must say LOL Sorry that should have said " Huuummmmmmmmmmmmm Goodness i must say "LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Claret Murph - 07 Nov 2020 at 2:45pm
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sorry 
Yep i think Gerk is front and centre , Ohhhh Goodnees i must say LOL Sorry that should have said " Huuummmmmmmmmmmmm Goodness i must say "LOLLOLLOL

Confused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:08pm

What time is this on? 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:39pm
Monday 9:35pm
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:57pm
Thumbs Up
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:01pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Sorry 

Confused

LOL
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:54pm

Sorry 

CM mad on the sherry LOL
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 10:59pm
ger mentioned before he did an interview for it. 

Anyone else due to appear?

sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 12:24pm

I presume all the lads in the photo on the back cover of the book will appear at some stage.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by sausy sausy wrote:

I presume all the lads in the photo on the back cover of the book will appear at some stage.

Hopefully, it would be interesting to hear from as many as possible.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 1:41pm
Looking forward to see how RTE does this
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 4:45pm
Be poetic justice if Harps beat Waterford to stay up, keeping Waterford out of Europe...make watching this that bit more enjoyable seeing as he he was involved with the club before 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 502503504505506 539>
  Share Topic