Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 36 minutes ago at 2:16pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

He is the only man to have played in major finals for us in 3 different decades.  He was our leading goalscorer at one point as well.  

Was Quinn injured for USA 94? 

I wondered why Tommy Coyne started for us against Italy. LOL
A faith is something you die for, a doctrine is something you kill for - Tony Benn
Sponsored Links

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 16 minutes ago at 2:36pm
Yeah, Quinn tore his cruciate that season, but had come back for a few games for Man City at the end of the season. He wasn't fit to play in the World Cup though.
All goals, yellow & red cards posted in real time on twitter and facebook
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 4 minutes ago at 5:48pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Yeah, Quinn tore his cruciate that season, but had come back for a few games for Man City at the end of the season. He wasn't fit to play in the World Cup though.

He played for City towards the end of the season but couldn't play for us? Crazy stuff
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss!"
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 12 minutes ago at 7:40pm

What games did he come back for?  I don't remember him coming that close to making it.  I checked their last 4 league games and he didn't play.  He did his cruciate in November 1993 IIRC.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 6 minutes ago at 7:46pm

What games did he come back for?  I don't remember him coming that close to making it.  I checked their last 4 league games and he didn't play.  He did his cruciate in November 1993 IIRC.

He scored two goals against United in that November derby the bastard LOLWink 

Did he go out to the World Cup with the squad? I assume Jack would've brought him over anyway. 

Edited by irishmufc - 6 hours 6 minutes ago at 7:46pm
A faith is something you die for, a doctrine is something you kill for - Tony Benn
nordlingen View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nordlingen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 57 minutes ago at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

He played for City towards the end of the season but couldn't play for us? Crazy stuff

My memory tells me Peter Reid...was he City manager at the time....refused point blank to release him citing summer rest required after his injury..
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 55 minutes ago at 7:57pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Did he go out to the World Cup with the squad? I assume Jack would've brought him over anyway. 
Back when Manchester City seemed incredibly cool. 
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 9 minutes ago at 8:43pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

He was doing commentary with George Hamilton 
You can motorboat but no whistling
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 463464465
  Share Topic