You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The disgraced John Delaney
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


The disgraced John Delaney

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 455>
Author
Message
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But where are you getting.the evidence that, that was a choice available to them without any repuurcussions that would.result in a bigger financial loss to the org.

You have consistently misrepresented the views of posters on here.  Not one poster has posted that they are happy with.the pay outs. 

Would I be misrepresenting your views if I said that you believe that the former CEO was involved in nothing illegal? Are you still of this belief?

Is it misrepresenting a posters view, when I say that even in the past 2 days a poster was asking me where the proof of misappropriation of funds in the FAI is?
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 24421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But where are you getting.the evidence that, that was a choice available to them without any repuurcussions that would.result in a bigger financial loss to the org.

You have consistently misrepresented the views of posters on here.  Not one poster has posted that they are happy with.the pay outs. 

Would I be misrepresenting your views if I said that you believe that the former CEO was involved in nothing illegal? Are you still of this belief?

Is it misrepresenting a posters view, when I say that even in the past 2 days a poster was asking me where the proof of misappropriation of funds in the FAI is?

I dont know is the answer. In addition knowing something and proving it are two differnt things also.  


Edited by Baldrick - 08 Dec 2019 at 11:14pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1517
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:21pm
a lot has been written this weekend highlighting what a disgusting man Delaney is but this sums it up from Eamon Sweeney

Quote  I'm not a big fan of moral outrage. Yet it's hard to look at this story and not feel angry. An appalling man has done appalling damage.

What can you say about someone whose big worry, after all the damage he'd done, was to screw some more money out of the FAI although he knew people would lose their jobs because of him? 


At that stage he must have known he'd done a terrible job yet Delaney kept on looking for more money as the negotiations for his pay-off began. Millions of euro more. That gives us the measure of the man. He had to make the most of his last turn at the trough.

Back to Top
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Good man Hans, still flat out not reading posts LOL

The notion that I haven't read posts on this thread, or haven't read up on the details of everything that has been going on, is simply nonsense. You and others here are of the opinion that the correct thing to do was pay off the man who has bankrupted the FAI to the tune of 650k since he's been on gardening leave.






I don’t have a problem with anyone disagreeing with me, I do however have a problem with people consistently spinning what has actually been posted. 
Nobody, and I repeat nobody has said they’re happy JD got a golden handshake. 


I have no problem with anyone disagreeing with me either. I do have a problem with the utter condescension in posts from those who believe the FAI were correct to pay John Delaney 650k in the past 6 months. Your previous post about myself not reading anything anyone says on this matter is proof of this, and there are numerous others like it from other posters. I have read every single post on here, I have read volumes of information on the FAI and John Delaney situation. I am in complete disagreement with the FAI giving him any money in the past 6 months. You and others believe this was the right course of action. I do not. There are plenty of Irish fans who agree with me and are disgusted that John Delaney was rewarded for his actions with a payoff.

Since he was paid off, audits have gone to the ODCE due to possible criminal activity, the new accounts show that the association is essentially bankrupt, accounts have been filed incorrectly (this is an illegal action on somebodys part most likely), tax had been underpaid to the revenue who are investigating, John Delaney's annual income from the FAI has been bumped up to closer to 1 million a year due to all of the expenses he claimed and that were that not filed correctly in the accounts. 

The logic most had behind paying John Delaney off was to remove him from the association, start afresh, move on and not have John Delaney possibly pursue the FAI in the courts for a payoff. With everything coming out now, and there's more to come in the next year no doubt about that, do people still believe this was the best course of action to take? 
 




Back to Top
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But where are you getting.the evidence that, that was a choice available to them without any repuurcussions that would.result in a bigger financial loss to the org.

You have consistently misrepresented the views of posters on here.  Not one poster has posted that they are happy with.the pay outs. 

Would I be misrepresenting your views if I said that you believe that the former CEO was involved in nothing illegal? Are you still of this belief?

Is it misrepresenting a posters view, when I say that even in the past 2 days a poster was asking me where the proof of misappropriation of funds in the FAI is?

I dont know is the answer. In addition knowing something and proving it are two differnt things also.  

That's fair enough. For anyone to question me about misrepresenting views etc, and then come out with nothingness like this is a sight to behold.



Back to Top
Fozzy B View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 530
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzy B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:37pm
its just been announced that shane ross, sport ireland and the fai are up before the oircehtas on Wednesday. hope this will be live streamed.
Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 24421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:37pm
You have misrepresented views on here. You have said that posters were happy with the pay out. That is not true.  So it's a fact you have misrepresented views.  

I have no evidence that to suggest  anything illegal happened so as a result it would be beyond careless to post anything to the contrary on a public forum esp when there is an ongoing investigation and we dont even know what or who is being investigated 


Edited by Baldrick - 08 Dec 2019 at 11:42pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Strazdas View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton


Joined: 17 Nov 2014
Status: Offline
Points: 4445
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:38pm
What was the story with Fran Rooney as CEO and why was he forced out of the job after 18 months in 2004?

He seemed to be a very successful businessman and entrepreneur.
Back to Top
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9579
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:38pm
Did your folks not pay you enough attention growing up Moley ?
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Back to Top
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

You have misrepresented views on here. You have said that posters were happy with the pay out. That is not true.  So it's a fact you have misrepresented views.  

I have no evidence that to suggest  anything illegal happened so as a result it would be beyond careless to post that on a public forum esp when there is an ongoing investigation and we dont even know what or who is being investigated 

Utter nonsense. Are the filing of accounts incorrectly not illegal actions? Is the under declaration of tax due not an illegal action that results in penalties at a minimum? These have been proven to have happened. The FAI have said as much. Whoever exactly has their fingerprints all over these actions is a different question.
Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 24421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:44pm
So.do admit you have misrepresented views or not. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

So.do admit you have misrepresented views or not. 

No. Unless it's proven in a court of law and you see me in handcuffs, it simply didn't happen.


Edited by Hans Moleman - 08 Dec 2019 at 11:45pm
Back to Top
daithi View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 17 Oct 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 9416
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Did your folks not pay you enough attention growing up Moley ?
LOL, crazy how he is allowed to turn every thread that he gets involved in into I’m right and the rest of the world is wrong with the same boring post rehashed dozens of time 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Back to Top
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Avatar

Joined: 07 May 2009
Status: Offline
Points: 1517
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:03am
Hans is probably just upset he didn’t get the nod for the latest renewal



Back to Top
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 07 Oct 2008
Location: Virgin Islands
Status: Offline
Points: 6288
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

a lot has been written this weekend highlighting what a disgusting man Delaney is but this sums it up from Eamon Sweeney

Quote  I'm not a big fan of moral outrage. Yet it's hard to look at this story and not feel angry. An appalling man has done appalling damage.

What can you say about someone whose big worry, after all the damage he'd done, was to screw some more money out of the FAI although he knew people would lose their jobs because of him? 


At that stage he must have known he'd done a terrible job yet Delaney kept on looking for more money as the negotiations for his pay-off began. Millions of euro more. That gives us the measure of the man. He had to make the most of his last turn at the trough.


Sweeney not afraid to put his head above the parapet. There’s a saying that you can’t get blood from a stone, Delaney did. What a prick that man is!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Back to Top
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton


Joined: 07 Oct 2009
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 5823
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

But where are you getting.the evidence that, that was a choice available to them without any repuurcussions that would.result in a bigger financial loss to the org.

You have consistently misrepresented the views of posters on here.  Not one poster has posted that they are happy with.the pay outs. 

Would I be misrepresenting your views if I said that you believe that the former CEO was involved in nothing illegal? Are you still of this belief?

Is it misrepresenting a posters view, when I say that even in the past 2 days a poster was asking me where the proof of misappropriation of funds in the FAI is?

I dont know is the answer. In addition knowing something and proving it are two differnt things also.  

That's fair enough. For anyone to question me about misrepresenting views etc, and then come out with nothingness like this is a sight to behold.


You consistently misrepresent people's views on a variety of threads and in what appears a condescending manner. You then deny doing so and feign indignance which is totally bizarre, to be frank.

I haven't seen one post on here when anyone has said they're happy with JD getting a pay off yet you continuously peddle that line. 
In fact, everyone is rightly angered by it. 

However, most can see that there is most likely more to it than meets the eye. The vast majority of the pay off is pension payments due under the terms of his contract which was signed off by the previous board. Whether there was other illegal activity or not would not necessarily impact on the terms of that contract. I'd actually be amazed if there were any clauses relating to certain behaviours meaning the contract would be breached given how lax corporate governance clearly was. 

If that's the case, and I don't know if it was, then getting out of that contract would be hugely difficult. The law may well be an ass in circumstances like that but it's still the law, much as it's infuriating. Whether individuals may face charges due to other aspects of of company law wouldn't automatically negate pension entitlements for example. 

All people have done is think that may be the case. None of us are experts but when you have the likes of Stuart Gilhooly and Niamh Brennan who are actually experts suggesting that may be the case then it's worth considering that they may be correct. But no, you knowv best. It's laughable carry on. 

I would hope that a clause has been negotiating in the settlement deal that states there is a comeback in the result of a criminal conviction. Again, whether that would have been possible, I don't know. 




Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 09 Dec 2019 at 12:27am
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Back to Top
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Just call me Hughie Lewis

Joined: 18 Sep 2008
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 24421
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:29am
Well said drum.  Nail on the head.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Back to Top
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Avatar
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Joined: 09 Aug 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 10166
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Hans is probably just upset he didn’t get the nod for the latest renewal




It's less than 48 hours since you asked about proof of misappropriation of funds in the FAI. If I were you I'd keep the head down for a bit.


Edited by Hans Moleman - 09 Dec 2019 at 1:53am
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 403404405406407 455>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.