Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 518519520521522 539>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:08pm
Quote john burns
@JohnBurnsST3h
Another extraordinary instalment in the #champagnefootball saga from 
@marktigheST
 and 
@paulrowantree
 on the front page of tomorrow's 
@SunTimesIreland
 Stay tuned

Edited by Denis Irwin - 02 Oct 2021 at 9:09pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 9:09pm
Lovely stuff
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2021 at 11:01pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
jimjims View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimjims Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 2:20pm
This story has no bottom. How many of that former board are still involved in the FAI? 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 3:30pm
Taken from a Twitter user

They posted this in December 2020

The Sunday Times claims [based on 2 sources] that a company Pillarview gave Delaney unquantified money to buy Craffield. Why is that interesting? Bank of Ireland sold John's property development loans to Pillarview in Nov 2015. BOI is FAI's biggest lender [€28.3m in 2019].

A Pillarview directore had previously denied any link to Delaney. The Sunday Times doesn't say how much money was given by Pillarview to Delaney to buy Craffield, even though the 2019 accounts have been filed. So, a bit of a half-baked story.

Yesterday before the article was published

Sunday Times today reveals Denis O'Brien gave John Delaney a €250,000 loan in 2014 so that Delaney could 'acquire' ["refinance" according to ST today] his property development loans at Bank of Ireland. The loans were linked to a highly controversial development in Tipperary.

Then today after the article was published

So many aspects of John Delaney's dealings with Bank of Ireland/Denis O'Brien, are suspect. BOI is biggest lender to FAI. The O'Brien loan was never declared by Delaney when putting O'Brien forward as life president of the FAI. O'Brien was a board member of BOI until 2006.

Another aspect of the €250,000 Denis O'Brien loan to John Delaney. O'Brien had to chase repayment 2017, and it was partly repaid in late 2018 to an O'Brien company which funded the hacking of journalists at Ireland's biggest press group.

All a bit dodgy, no?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Taken from a Twitter user

They posted this in December 2020

The Sunday Times claims [based on 2 sources] that a company Pillarview gave Delaney unquantified money to buy Craffield. Why is that interesting? Bank of Ireland sold John's property development loans to Pillarview in Nov 2015. BOI is FAI's biggest lender [€28.3m in 2019].

A Pillarview directore had previously denied any link to Delaney. The Sunday Times doesn't say how much money was given by Pillarview to Delaney to buy Craffield, even though the 2019 accounts have been filed. So, a bit of a half-baked story.

Yesterday before the article was published

Sunday Times today reveals Denis O'Brien gave John Delaney a €250,000 loan in 2014 so that Delaney could 'acquire' ["refinance" according to ST today] his property development loans at Bank of Ireland. The loans were linked to a highly controversial development in Tipperary.

Then today after the article was published

So many aspects of John Delaney's dealings with Bank of Ireland/Denis O'Brien, are suspect. BOI is biggest lender to FAI. The O'Brien loan was never declared by Delaney when putting O'Brien forward as life president of the FAI. O'Brien was a board member of BOI until 2006.

Another aspect of the €250,000 Denis O'Brien loan to John Delaney. O'Brien had to chase repayment 2017, and it was partly repaid in late 2018 to an O'Brien company which funded the hacking of journalists at Ireland's biggest press group.

All a bit dodgy, no?

What does all this mean for thickos like me? 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
’from’ not ‘off’.

Shocking English !!!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 10:22am
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by foggy.nelson foggy.nelson wrote:

https://headtopics.com/ie/i-said-to-john-delaney-if-you-do-that-again-i-m-going-to-lay-you-out-ex-ireland-star-simon-co-22155258
Putting the Delaney sh*te aside (which comes as no surprise to anyone) you would have thought he would have made a decent few pound during his career so I was surprised to hear he is relying on his wife's career to pay the bills. 

Edited by colemanY2K - 22 Oct 2021 at 11:04am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 12:17pm

I wish him.well. he was an honest pro for us. Limited granted.

Comes across well in that piece.
Bukowski View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 4:16pm
That's a very interesting interview with Simon Cox, mostly because I knew so little about him personally but he comes across as very articulate and insightful, with a sense of humility where he's both grateful for his life in football but also a little regretful of where it didn't go. Sound chap, the sort of person you'd be delighted to have a chat with.
Delaney on the other hand... petty, thin skinned, vengeful, a born non-leader.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Bukowski Bukowski wrote:

That's a very interesting interview with Simon Cox, mostly because I knew so little about him personally but he comes across as very articulate and insightful, with a sense of humility where he's both grateful for his life in football but also a little regretful of where it didn't go. Sound chap, the sort of person you'd be delighted to have a chat with.
Delaney on the other hand... petty, thin skinned, vengeful, a born non-leader.

Have met them both on a number of occasions, Cox is dead sound. Very genuine down to earth bloke who was happy to chat for a few minutes and sign autographs for the kids etc.. Delaney on the other hand, always thought he was gods gift. Had to be the centre of everything and upstaging everyone. I remember him joining in signing autographs with the players at a festival of football I was at and everyone was just looking at him thinking WTF are you at LOL
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 1:06pm
The Kindle of Champagne Football is one of the daily deals on Amazon; 1 euro.
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2021 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

https://headtopics.com/ie/i-said-to-john-delaney-if-you-do-that-again-i-m-going-to-lay-you-out-ex-ireland-star-simon-co-22155258
Putting the Delaney sh*te aside (which comes as no surprise to anyone) you would have thought he would have made a decent few pound during his career so I was surprised to hear he is relying on his wife's career to pay the bills. 

I don't think the article said he was relying on her or that he hadn't a bob
It's not me it's you:-)
opa01 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote opa01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 6:35pm
Who to believe!!!

In a sworn statement to the court, Mr Delaney said despite the best efforts of he and his lawyers to conduct a review of documents, held by the ODCE, he has not had sufficient time to provide the court with the information it requires.

He also claims that they require copies of certain documents from the ODCE to fully comply with the order.

However, he and his legal team have not been able to obtain these due to factors including time constraints, and a refusal by the ODCE to provide him with such copies.

The failure to get these copies have made it impossible to make meaningful submissions to the court so it can assess what documents are covered by LLP, he added.

It was his intention to apply to the court for a direction that he be provided with the copies of these documents.

Mr Delaney also criticised the ODCE and said he could not understand its dogmatic refusal to engage with his lawyers and help expedite the process.

Mr Delaney also rejected claims by the ODCE that he was delaying the process.

That allegation against him, he said, could "not be taken seriously" in the context where the ODCE "has been guilty of culpable delay".

Will no-one rid me of this turbulent priest?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 5:31pm
i see the name of his consultancy company is delay Ltd 😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I beg to differ, he seems to intimate it here...

"The fact that Samantha has a good job in wealth management means there isn’t a bill-paying urgency about his situation"
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 7:37am

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

I beg to differ, he seems to intimate it here...

"The fact that Samantha has a good job in wealth management means there isn’t a bill-paying urgency about his situation"

I don't think that means he hasn't a bob, I think it means he doesnt urgently have to find work to deal with his outgoings, as his wife earns good money. Huge mental gymnastics going on to think he hasn't a penny to his name
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 518519520521522 539>
  Share Topic