You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 539>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2020 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

what’s the story with Cooke. Was he not lauded when he got involved. Although at this stage I’m not sure what’s what!

Thought the same once I saw his name on the list of signatories. 

All the gripes of the old guard seem to be out in the public domain but the involvement of the likes of Cooke suggest some other issues behind the scenes.

Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Yiksheemash View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

I don't have a penis.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yiksheemash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 9:24am
very surprised Paul Cooke signed his name to that 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:32am
at least 2 of current board will lose their positions to independents even those with less than 10yrs on the board so self preservation top of the list. Self preservation is a powerful tool.

If the mou is turned down how do these people suggest the Fai survive or is there a white knight riding to the rescue!!!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Yiksheemash Yiksheemash wrote:

very surprised Paul Cooke signed his name to that 
Wouldn’t be the first person to change direction once they get a comfy seat! Waterford he’s from . Any previous connections to JD?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:29am
 Marc MacSharry answer as to what had he questioned about the regime for the previous 15 years were he complained about jd’s €450,000 salary and Sligo being spelt wrong on their league cup winners medals says it all.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 2:08pm
@gcooney93
·
21m
Weapons have been primed for tonight's FAI showdown. Council have been sent a 14-page letter of legal advice sought by member Nixon Morton as to whether a Council vote on 16 March gave the FAI authority to do the deal with the government (which carries its contentious terms).

@gcooney93
...as Barrett claimed last month, responding to claims made in Dáil by Marc MacSharry. Letter on behalf of Morton disputes Barrett's claim and falls in line with MacSharry's side of argument. Days when Council didn't question what was going on at the top are certainly over

@gcooney93
...A reminder that this argument is over a govt deal to stop the FAI from becoming insolvent. Morton's letter is dated 6 August (yesterday), but it's a pity it could only arrive now given Barrett made his claim on 16 July. Maybe these things take time, I'm ignorant about that...

@gcooney93
...Morton first arrived on public scene two months ago, when he wrote to Fifa and Uefa warning them of govt interference at the FAI. Uefa and Fifa have since endorsed the FAI's MoU, acknowledging it's the FAI's last option given the financial omnishambles..

Odd how Morton didn't appear to seek out legal advice under the dear leader ........

Edited by Denis Irwin - 07 Aug 2020 at 4:25pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

@gcooney93
·
21m
Weapons have been primed for tonight's FAI showdown. Council have been sent a 14-page letter of legal advice sought by member Nixon Morton as to whether a Council vote on 16 March gave the FAI authority to do the deal with the government (which carries its contentious terms).

@gcooney93
...as Barrett claimed last month, responding to claims made in Dáil by Marc MacSharry. Letter on behalf of Morton disputes Barrett's claim and falls in line with MacSharry's side of argument. Days when Council didn't question what was going on at the top are certainly over

@gcooney93
...A reminder that this argument is over a govt deal to stop the FAI from becoming insolvent. Morton's letter is dated 6 August (yesterday), but it's a pity it could only arrive now given Barrett made his claim on 16 July. Maybe these things take time, I'm ignorant about that...

@gcooney93
...Morton first arrived on public scene two months ago, when he wrote to Fifa and Uefa warning them of govt interference at the FAI. Uefa and Fifa have since endorsed the FAI's MoU, acknowledging it's the FAI's last option given the financial omnishambles..

Odd how Morton did appear to seek out legal advice under the dear leader ........

yes that is odd

Edited by Newryrep - 07 Aug 2020 at 4:22pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 10:27pm
Not long home. Interesting meeting. Some frank exchanges. Plenty of dissatisfaction expressed from all sides. 

Not budging on the 6 v 6. Contradictory on the ten years, kept saying nothing could change in mou but may be question of interpretation which I don't agree with. I raised our concerns on a number of occasions. Old guard were very vocal but kind of got argued down. 

Board backed the MoU with a show of hands and then verbally
Would have liked to have heard more from football members of board. It has a chance of passing now. I pointed out that changing casting vote from chair to president at AGM as per the rules negates the independent majority. That kind of shut down sovereignty argument. Still have concerns. Gun to the head stuff, no money if this is rejected and the association will fold is the message. No one claiming otherwise was convincing. 

Wouldn't say it's a done deal just yet. No confirmation on our votes yet either, been given some excuse about uefa and fifa not wanting to introduce new votes till December EGM. Had a go about that and said it wasn't acceptable for 22 members added as part of a governance review to be excluded from such an important vote. Been told they'll do everything they can but I'd be concerned over that as well.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:23pm
Quinn didn't attend meeting,  he was on commentary duty.  FFS I have a lot of time for him but could he not see how bad this looks. 

Makes me think he is on way out.
It's not me it's you:-)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Not long home. Interesting meeting. Some frank exchanges. Plenty of dissatisfaction expressed from all sides. 

Not budging on the 6 v 6. Contradictory on the ten years, kept saying nothing could change in mou but may be question of interpretation which I don't agree with. I raised our concerns on a number of occasions. Old guard were very vocal but kind of got argued down. 

Would have liked to have heard more from football members of board. It has a chance of passing now. I pointed out that changing casting vote from chair to president at AGM as per the rules negates the independent majority. That kind of shut down sovereignty argument. Still have concerns. Gun to the head stuff, no money if this is rejected and the association will fold is the message. No one claiming otherwise was convincing. 

Wouldn't say it's a done deal just yet. No confirmation on our votes yet either, been given some excuse about uefa and fifa not wanting to introduce new votes till December EGM. Had a go about that and said it wasn't acceptable for 22 members added as part of a governance review to be excluded from such an important vote. Been told they'll do everything they can but I'd be concerned over that as well.

Was it a case of they weren't given the opportunity to elaborate on their concerns, or that when asked to elaborate, they didn't follow up?

Would have thought that given how vocal the opposition have been over the last 2 days, they'd have seized the opportunity with both hands.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:47pm
they thought the government wouldn’t pull the plug on the bailout but they were wrong. Strange to see Noel Kennedy on the news with john Earley  when he’s not even on the council.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

Quinn didn't attend meeting,  he was on commentary duty.  FFS I have a lot of time for him but could he not see how bad this looks. 

Makes me think he is on way out.

Is this true? Farcical if it is.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2020 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Was it a case of they weren't given the opportunity to elaborate on their concerns, or that when asked to elaborate, they didn't follow up?

Would have thought that given how vocal the opposition have been over the last 2 days, they'd have seized the opportunity with both hands.

Most of the questions were aimed at and answered by Barrett as he  signed off the MoU and the independents.The president chaired and tended to answer for the football element. 
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 12:00am
ya I think Quinn is a decent and honest guy and genuinely wants the best for Irish football. I’d say he’s just given up as it’s impossible to deal with guys from old regime. Anyone with a big connection to JD should be out the door for the state they left the FAI in. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 12:13am
Originally posted by Liam Green Liam Green wrote:

ya I think Quinn is a decent and honest guy and genuinely wants the best for Irish football. I’d say he’s just given up as it’s impossible to deal with guys from old regime. Anyone with a big connection to JD should be out the door for the state they left the FAI in. 

I'm not sure it was appropriate for him to be there tonight. He's not on the board and isn't the CEO. Danger he would have overshadowed it. The chairman of the board and the CEO were those answerable  to council tonight.

One other thing in general, there is certainly differences in opinion on the existing council but at least all, regardless of side and including the old guard, were given the floor to make any points or criticism they wanted. Not a snowball's chance in hell that would have happened on JD's watch. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:16am

I'm not sure it was appropriate for him to be there tonight. He's not on the board and isn't the CEO. Danger he would have overshadowed it. The chairman of the board and the CEO were those answerable  to council tonight.

One other thing in general, there is certainly differences in opinion on the existing council but at least all, regardless of side and including the old guard, were given the floor to make any points or criticism they wanted. Not a snowball's chance in hell that would have happened on JD's watch. 

Fair point.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 9:24am

Fair point.

Quinn won’t be there when a full time CEO is appointed would be my guess.

The fact Nixon Morton was sitting a couple of seats down from JD in Gibraltar at the match says it all about him. A farce.

Let’s hope this is done and dusted in 3 weeks and implementation of a full reform of the executive is enacted with the appointment of a full time CEO. The FAI is in good hands with the independents that are there
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2020 at 10:56pm

Fair point.

Fair enough so.  I didn't realise he wouldn't be invited to council meeting. Just shows the spin that elements are putting on it.  They nearly had me turned!
It's not me it's you:-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 472473474475476 539>
  Share Topic