Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The disgraced John Delaney

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 539>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by Jbyrne Jbyrne wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away

name one?

I say if you go through the yacht clubs gang you will find plenty Wink
Sponsored Links

Gashley Grimes View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gashley Grimes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by Del-Piero Del-Piero wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Ffs lads we are all on the same sides here

+1

Sadly lost on some people

I feel a split coming Stickies and Pinnies.Wink

ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

The Supporters clubs especially the newer ones are in Delaneys back pocket. The silence has been totally deafening from them and most of us know for a fact that they got Tickets way beyond what their allocations should have been. There are people travelling with SC's who have hardly been at Home games never mind away Junior.

Got to agree with this know a few personally who have got tickets through clubs who attend the odd game. I've no bother SC's getting tickets etc my problem is when said club ticket X amount of tickets for away times then get say 3/4/5 times that amount for Scotland. Members of SC's (that I know personally) have been very pro FAI on this subject and can't understand why we so annoyed. I've even had members of 2 newly formed SC's offer to get me tickets in the future (even though I would have as good if not better history with fai)
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Junior View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:47pm

So someone tries to point out some of the various and numerous untruths that your dear leader has spouted over a period of time, and now on the back of the latest farce you think that it is not justified to suggest that some underhand dealing has taking place even when we now know that the same snake took a concious decision to make SC's a priority for the allocations for this game ahead of the usual away travelers with season tickets, and you think it is way outside the realms of possibility that the same joker would not be capable of using the SC's for his own agenda, i.e trying to force all future ticket dealing been done through SC's only. Open your eyes squire to the truth that is staring you in the mush and dont be bought by this coont Delaneys spin

JD is not my dear leader. I think he is a buffoon.

You are reading what you want to read in to my posts and in fact I think you are wide of the mark in what the opening poster was trying to get at also - i.e. this 'list' was nothing to do with ticket distribution.

The only point I was trying to make (and I've been very unsuccessful I'll admit) is that just because you are a fan within a supporters club (of which I am not) does not mean you should be tarred with some kind of underhand, 'they are all in cahoots with JD/FAI' umbrella'

Some of our most loyal and longest serving regular home and away supporters are members of supporters clubs - to dismiss them, as I sensed the opening post was doing and also as I've read in many posts elsewhere on this forum over the last couple of weeks, is a joke.

By all means pull JD and the FAI up on their many many inadequacies but supporters clubs? guys giving up their free time to organise travel and tickets and the likes - some are new yes but many have been around long before the Scotland ticket fiasco and I didnt hear a peep out of anyone complaining about them then. If they are getting unfair allocation then first stop is FAI process.

amazaballs View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amazaballs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:51pm
im confused. is this the dating lobby?

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

So someone tries to point out some of the various and numerous untruths that your dear leader has spouted over a period of time, and now on the back of the latest farce you think that it is not justified to suggest that some underhand dealing has taking place even when we now know that the same snake took a concious decision to make SC's a priority for the allocations for this game ahead of the usual away travelers with season tickets, and you think it is way outside the realms of possibility that the same joker would not be capable of using the SC's for his own agenda, i.e trying to force all future ticket dealing been done through SC's only. Open your eyes squire to the truth that is staring you in the mush and dont be bought by this coont Delaneys spin

You are reading what you want to read in to my posts and in fact I think you are wide of the mark in what the opening poster was trying to get at also - i.e. this 'list' was nothing to do with ticket distribution.

The only point I was trying to make (and I've been very unsuccessful I'll admit) is that just because you are a fan within a supporters club (of which I am not) does not mean you should be tarred with some kind of underhand, 'they are all in cahoots with JD/FAI' umbrella'

Some of our most loyal and longest serving regular home and away supporters are members of supporters clubs - to dismiss them, as I sensed the opening post was doing and also as I've read in many posts elsewhere on this forum over the last couple of weeks, is a joke.

By all means pull JD and the FAI up on their many many inadequacies but supporters clubs? guys giving up their free time to organise travel and tickets and the likes - some are new yes but many have been around long before the Scotland ticket fiasco and I didnt hear a peep out of anyone complaining about them then. If they are getting unfair allocation then first stop is FAI process.

Thumbs Up A lot more clarity in your post there, would not be having a go at the long term clubs and members with history either they deserve a ticket as much as anyone, but the way some newer SC's have been sorted is quiet bemusing when very few members travel anywhere and make no mistake Delaney is behind it and up to no good
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Junior Junior wrote:

Where did i insinuate in the opening post that people in supporters clubs shouldnt get tickets? Please tell me. I in no way are blaming supporters clubs. I am bitterly disappointed that those i charge of them won't talk and are redirecting queries to an FAI employee - as said...
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:36pm
ClapClapClap
Originally posted by GoneToShowgies GoneToShowgies wrote:

150 tickets at €160 a pop been given to fans = that's €24,000.

Dundalk won the league last week. Total prize money only €100,000

And he has just signed a new salary at €360,000 per year.

The FAI are haven't a fuking clue what they are at. LOI fans have seen past Delaney's bullsh1t years ago. National team fans seem to be doing the same lately.

Its disgusting and has put me off going to matches a long time ago. 

ClapClapClap

I agree with Kerrzy, for perhaps the first time? Anyway, you are on the money here sir. 
irish boogie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish boogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:38pm
Lads I've been reading through all these ticket threads is there plans for a YBIG supporters club as this seems the only way this won't happen again , and if not why?
agree with GUFCT I know people who got tickets and only got ST this season.
Thank You Torun and Tyskie
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by irish boogie irish boogie wrote:

Lads I've been reading through all these ticket threads is there plans for a YBIG supporters club as this seems the only way this won't happen again , and if not why?
agree with GUFCT I know people who got tickets and only got ST this season.
Going by what i have read on here in the various threads YBIG will not be setting up such a club 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 6:55pm
Supporter clubs are not the answer to the problems that arose last week. Delaney tried to say this was the way Premier Clubs distributed their Tickets which again was a total lie.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:26pm
Personally speaking I don't think supporters clubs are the way forward either. Will always be fans who go their own way and why should they be left out in the cold because sone lad decided to pay his €20 at start of the year to be a member of a club. No other football club run things that way no matter how many times delaney says they do.

We need to push on to get a fair system implemented, Christ the SFA has made a balks of almost everything in relation to Scottish fans but even they can implement a loyalty system
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:43pm
I have been going to Ireland home games since jack Charlton.
Block booker waiting list until the famous letter came!
Season ticket holder since it was launched.

I have been going to away games regularly since Portugal in 2000.

If I join a supporters club now will this service be taken into account?

I suppose it can't be worse than the FAI have treated me!!
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 7:45pm
Remember that block booker letter , how did that work out for Delaney?

What about the vantage seats?

We were sold the ST on the condition you would get preference for away games, that's surely a lie now ?
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:22pm
Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here. They have no idea what the History, Membership, Block Bookers, Season Tickets and Away Games attended by these members are. Many of the clubs are older than the posters.

They may say that there is NO Agenda, but we can all read into their posts. The SC's did not create the current ticket situation, but some narrow minded people are determined to blame the SC's.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:26pm
Yeah I think the focus needs to be the lack of system of the fai not having an issue with supporters clubs in themselves.  

AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Now one thing i am sure of as if Eggs are Eggs .

If the london SC got = 250 tickets

Edinburgh = 50

Belfast = 75

And Galway got 11 then the whole place would go up in flames  as questions would be why Boat club got 11  tickets when there was only two of them in Georgia etc etc etc .

Did you accept 2 tickets from the Boat Club?
My point as word for word what would be said .
You really wonder why anyone from a SC would come on here do you ?

Yes bye the way we took two tickets as two people dropped out as we were top of the list as we had been to more aways over the last few years than anyone else in the club .

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2014 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Junior,

Your points are all very valid and correct. Unfortunately, there is an Anti SC Agenda being driven by some posters on here.

Can you show evidence of this?

Alternatively your completely missing the point in this whole saga.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 539>
  Share Topic