Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 54>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

With Man city going out of the CL last night yet again and Liverpool going out earlier what does this say about the current quality of the EPL?

That it's alt far right Russian conspiracy.

Edited by Baldrick - 16 Aug 2020 at 1:09pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

With Man city going out of the CL last night yet again and Liverpool going out earlier what does this say about the current quality of the EPL?

That it's all.a far right Russian conspiracy.

😂😂😂
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:16am

LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

So was the English the best in the world last season as they’d the four European finalists?
100%

And Liverpool best Team in the World.
Where would they be ranked now in the world?
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:25am

The four English teams qualified for the 2nd round.
Disappointing that only one made it through to the 1/4 finals.
Man U in the 1/2 of Europa league.
I don’t think it is a decline and next year could see another team in the final.

What clear is the Spanish teams won’t dominate like that have done recently when they won 7 of the past 11 finals.

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:38am

That the French league is better

Clap
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:56am
Last season the EPL had five teams operating at either a very high or high level in European terms

Of those five, only Liverpool have not declined in the meantime

Abu Dhabi have suffered a significant decline in the last year with elderly top players either leaving or declining, two key injuries, poor recruitment and a loss of form for some players, and the feeling that the Pep project is coming to a natural end, they have a big rebuilding project ahead

Spurs have reverted to mediocrity and have a coach who is well past it, in truth Poch was only holding things together with sticking plaster in his last year there

Arsenal fell apart, though things may beginning to look up again for them, they have a good coach - but the administration at the club still seems sh*t

Chelsea have signed a load of good players but have a manager who doesn't know what he's doing

Manchester United are quietly rebuilding but Solskjaer is not a good enough coach for the top level - if they get Poch in they will be back challenging at the top before long - they are the team to watch over the next year, along with Leeds

La Liga is a mess at the moment, for a good while I've been speculating that it could go the way of Serie A, that looks very possible now

Inter Milan under Conte will be strong next year

Things can change quickly in football - Bayern Munich looked a mess last year and the Bundesliga teams were all stuffed in the last 16

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Clap

A big united fan but hates the league they play in

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 12:32pm
Spanish league dominated for 6 years. England had 1 year. It’s the most overrated league in football.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 1:05pm

LOLLOL

It's all Putin's, Trump's and Lukashenko's fault.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 2:02pm

So was the English the best in the world last season as they’d the four European finalists?
100%

And Liverpool best Team in the World.
Where would they be ranked now in the world?
Second behind Munich assuming they win it.

What a Final that would have been.

PS good article in Guardian by Barnay Ronan (?) about Pep mirroring what you were saying last night.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 7:14pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Clap

A big united fan but hates the league they play in

If I was a United fan I'd hate the league too. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:39pm
With the two astounding results for Liverpool and Man U today is this a reflection on the decline of the EPL or just a pair of freak results?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:40pm

With the two astounding results for Liverpool and Man U today is this a reflection on the decline of the EPL or just a pair of freak results?

Quite the opposite of a decline i would say.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I think they are both freak results particularly the Liverpool one and I expect Pool to win the league again easily this season.
Englishborn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Britishborn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Englishborn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm
smaller teams getting stronger in the English league i think. Its the most competitive league in the world 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by Englishborn Englishborn wrote:

smaller teams getting stronger in the English league i think. Its the most competitive league in the world 
Not even the most competitive league in England! There's plenty more competitive elsewhere too. I think Romania have had five or six first time champions in the past decade. I think Sweden has 6 or 7 winners in the past decade. I think Iceland too. Plenty more.

I assume it is the best league, but it is logical that there's many more competitive leagues.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2020 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

It was just another excuse to bump a thread he created...

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3940414243 54>
  Share Topic