You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 54>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:52pm
Liverpool's exit of the CL tonight a bad reflection on the EPL or a freak result?

Edited by Double Maxim - 11 Mar 2020 at 10:53pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:56pm
La Liga is better than the EPL. Liverpool have lost 1, drew 1 and won the rest. Atlético are sixth. 
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 10:58pm
It hasn’t been a good EPL this season IMO, not many of the big clubs could be said to be having a good season

That said, they’ve had representatives in the final the last two seasons, and 4 of the 4 finalists of the two cups last season 

A few weeks ago one of those EPL teams who aren’t having a good season went to the Bernabeu and beat the team who went top of La Liga a few days later, on the other hand though. (Tie not over yet I must add) 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:00pm
Yeah but La Liga won 5 Champions League and 4/5 Europa Leagues in the previous seasons. I’d say last year was a freak and normal service will resume this season.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:02pm
Possibly so, but Real and Barca are definitely not the teams they were back then 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Yeah but La Liga won 5 Champions League and 4/5 Europa Leagues in the previous seasons. I’d say last year was a freak and normal service will resume this season.
Well, as normal as it can do with games being either postponed or played in empty stadiums! LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Possibly so, but Real and Barca are definitely not the teams they were back then 
Definitely not as strong as a few years ago. I think the other teams in Spain have improved a lot. No one in the league fears Barca or Real anymore.

The fact that Liverpool have walked the title this season shows how poor the EPL is.

As You Were
Three in a row
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:08pm
Liverpool are a good team. Been brilliant this season and over the last three. Very knee jerk reactions to knockout cup football

Personally I don’t think there’s an outstanding team in Europe at the minute. Real and Barca on the decline, City have their flaws, Juve were better a couple of years ago. Bayern would be the team to beat now. Liverpool are up there but now are out, on another night would have won that game 2 or 3 nil, that’s cup football 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:08pm

Currently the worst two Barca & Real Madrid teams for a long time.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:14pm
Personally I thought Bayern were superb against Chelsea. Probably the best performance I’ve seen this season. They were a bit hit and miss earlier in the season but seem to be on form now. Bayern and Man City would be the favs for me. Don’t think Barca have it in them but they’re better than Chelsea were in 2012.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2020 at 11:50pm

Liverpool are up there but now are out, on another night would have won that game 2 or 3 nil, that’s cup football 
In the Liverpool thread you slate them.

In the EPL thread you praise them.

Classic Vaggio LOLLOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 12:02am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Liverpool are up there but now are out, on another night would have won that game 2 or 3 nil, that’s cup football 
In the Liverpool thread you slate them.

In the EPL thread you praise them.

Classic Vaggio LOLLOLLOL

I didn’t slate them no
I laughed at them, and Hans’s arrogance mainly and criticised some of the mistakes and dives that led to goals tonight 

Hilarious seeing them lose like that, but I’m not 7 years old and can appreciate that they’re a good team and call things as I see them  

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Mar 2020 at 12:08am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 1:03am

Liverpool are a good team. Been brilliant this season and over the last three. Very knee jerk reactions to knockout cup football

Personally I don’t think there’s an outstanding team in Europe at the minute. Real and Barca on the decline, City have their flaws, Juve were better a couple of years ago. Bayern would be the team to beat now. Liverpool are up there but now are out, on another night would have won that game 2 or 3 nil, that’s cup football 

This.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2020 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

This.
Agreed
Some people just deserve a slap
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 5:03am
With Man city going out of the CL last night yet again and Liverpool going out earlier what does this say about the current quality of the EPL?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:20am
That the French league is better
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:26am
So was the English the best in the world last season as they’d the four European finalists?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 9:39am

So was the English the best in the world last season as they’d the four European finalists?
100%

And Liverpool best Team in the World.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3839404142 54>
  Share Topic