Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Decline of the EPL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 54>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:42pm
Muff is absolutely snapping.
Surprised at that.

Its only bants mate.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2018 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Ian darke on bt at the end of the game saying its one of utds worst results in their proud european history. Fcking hilarious. Imagine sevilla actually winning the game....their tiny minds were blown. I ask ya.

I wonder who <SPAN>José Mourinho will blame this time?</SPAN>
frank de boer

Hug

The failed manager is 100% right regarding Mourinho's history tbh. 

Seeing as you're getting as much enjoyment tonight Sid as I had when Mourinho's Chelsea team put a stop to Liverpool's swashbuckling EPL title chasing adventure in 2014 , it will make it  all the more enjoyable when (or if) some other CL team knocks Liverpool out of the Champions League. 

Fingers crossed Big smile

See, here's the thing, mate. 

That Liverpool team, as you said in your own word, was "swashbuckling", exhilarating, thrilling, scoring over 100 goals in the league that season. Sure they f**ked up at the end but the amazing memories they gave us will never die, they will always be looked back on fondly. 

The current team are doing something similar. They're thrilling us, they're exhilarating us, they're mesmerising us with their glorious, tantalising football. 

They are a team that honours the famous red jersey. If Liverpool go down in flames this season, so be it, but at least they are giving us a rollercoaster ride.

It's the same with Tottenham. They might be out, but at least they contributed to a wonderful European tie in which demonstrated just how good football can be at its best.

The current Manchester United team are as dull as a puddle on a muddy field with sewage leaking into it, the sewage being the football they play. 

All the nonsense about "attack, attack, attack" has been shown to be just that. All season Manchester United supporters have been scrambling defensively to put gloss on a long series of turgid performances. "Hey, what was so bad about that!?" 

The cracks can no longer be papered over. And if our efforts on Saturday contributed in any small way to tonight's result, so much the better.

Nobody will miss Manchester United from this competition. The richest team in the world were humiliated both on their own ground and on their opponents' ground by a powder puff, deeply average team who every other club left will be desperate to draw in the quarter-finals. 

Manchester United are Arsenal under George Graham, without the success.

United are no loss to this competition given how they've played. 100% agree on that one.

You can continue to win the hearts and minds of supporters all over the world. I loved the Borussia teams under Klopp in the CL and the constant Valencia teams that mesmerised us but neither of those teams won it when it came to the crunch in the CL.

An un-insperational Man City team that won the EPL in 2014 partly due to Liverpool falling at the sight of the finish line have the trophy to show for it but that majestic Liverpool side spearheaded by the buck-toothed racist means they're the champions of our hearts forever more.

If United's efforts beating Liverpool on Saturday contributed to tonight's loss, then also much the better.   

Edited by irishmufc - 14 Mar 2018 at 12:03am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 12:01am
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Surprised at that.

Its only bants mate.

I'm responding Gary mo chara.

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 6:08pm

Surprised at that.

Its only bants mate.

Are you anti or pro the Special One?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Surprised at that.

Its only bants mate.

Are you anti or pro the Special One?

Neither DM. 

I don't like his behaviour and didn't want United to sign him in the first place but he has improved them in comparison with LVG and Moyes. They should be doing a lot better given their resources. 2 trophies last season and an FA Cup (hopefully) + 2nd place would be a good return overall from him as manager in 2 years.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:08am

I saw a stat that read in the last 10 years there have been 26 knockout ties in Europe between Spanish and English sides. Spanish sides have won 22. That's an incredible return. EPL teams really struggle against sides who can retain possession and are comfortable playing in tight spaces (they can handle being pressed). 

I'm sure this trend will dilute as the money continues to pour into English football but it seems to be taking longer than I would have expected.  

El Puto Amo
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:21am
Its an improvement on the last couple of years for EPL sides anyway. They had 5 in the last 16 (which was a record).
Only 2 making the quarters isn't so good, especially when the Spurs tie could have gone either way. United were the big let down from an EPL perspective.

La Liga still the best league in the world.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:27am

Are there any future David Silva style players starting to come through the English academies? 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 9:36am
I would doubt it. There haven't been too many like Silva to come through so far.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:11am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Are there any future David Silva style players starting to come through the English academies? 
No because they only accept players 5'10" and upwards.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:27am

Who was the last "David Silva" type player for England - 

Micky Carrick?

England players are still generally uncomfortable on the ball compared to Spanish teams.

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Who was the last "David Silva" type player for England - 
Micky Carrick?
Joe Cole, Jack Wilshire, Joe Allen (Welsh), Aaron Ramsey (Welsh) would be in this bracket but obviously never fulfilled their early promise.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 11:57am

It will be interesting to see how Foden develops under Pep's tutelage. Although it might be the next generation or the one after at City who benefit more from Guardiolas playing style. 
El Puto Amo
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I still much prefer watching the Premier League, more enjoyable style of play to watch as a spectacle than LaLiga, but each to their own.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:41pm
Since the start of 2012/13, the quarter-finalists in the Champions League have represented the following countries:

Spain – 18
Germany – 10
France – 6
England – 6
Italy – 5
Portugal – 2
Turkey – 1

The same is true of the Europa League. Since the start of 2012/13, the quarter-finalists (Excluding 2017/2018)

Spain – 7
England – 5
Italy – 4
Portugal – 4
Germany – 3
Belgium – 3
Ukraine – 3

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I still much prefer watching the Premier League, more enjoyable style of play to watch as a spectacle than LaLiga, but each to their own.

Me too, but looking at the results of teams from those two leagues in European competition in recent years, there's only one winner.

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 2:03pm
Think this year's Serie A has been the best season since the big teams like the both Milan's fell apart.

Juve still king but Napoli Milan and Inter have improved so much this season it's not a guarantee Juve will win anymore. Then you got the likes of Roma, Lazio and Sampdoria close but no cigar.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Real Betis are the best team to watch for pure entertainment! Very good going forward and terrible at the back.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 54>
  Share Topic