You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The crowd tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some amount of Helen Lovejoys out there (Rory O'Connor's tweet brought this to mind) complaining about people booing Ronaldo. The crowd should absolutely make the atmosphere as hostile (and in fairness, how hostile is a match in Dublin going to be) for any world class players playing there. 

Comparisons with England fans are nonsensical. Their anthem was respected, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo should have the red carpet rolled out for him.

These people should just head off to the rugby tomorrow and applaud the Haka if that's the atmosphere they want.

Absolutely. Having a pantomime villain is part of the fun of being at football. Respect the anthem, applaud the taking of the knee, boo an individual. Big smile

Which is what he or any other world class player playing at Lansdowne are. He's been booed all over the world, I hardly think one game in Dublin is going to particularly hurt him.

There's plenty of reasons for him to be booed, the goals he scored in Faro being just one.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

limerick lad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm
I was in section 102 and a fair few event junkies around alright. Myself and my friend arrived about 30 mins before kick off and were just standing up having a chat in our seats when the fella behind us asked us to sit down because he wanted to see. What did he want to see like? A few players doing some sprints and stretches before a gameLOL I overheard him later in the game talking about his property portfolio to his mate so made more sense to me then.

Also some people just aimlessly abusing Ronaldo. I'm all for making it a hostile atmosphere but just giving him w**ker signs and calling him a c*unt every few minutes is stupid in my opinion.
just hit the fecking thing
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

that is f**kin disgraceful

Wait, what? Why was there a homeless fella at the match? Also, how do you know he was homeless? He was hardly camped on the steps in a sleeping bag was he?

LOL

LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 1:34pm
3 fellas behind me in 507 Row B, wouldnt shut the fcuk up all game, talking about anything but the game. 

I look forward to when the Season Ticket sales open up next month so I'll hopefully be back among what was a sound crowd in 2019 in the same area. 

The event junkies will hopefully be sat far away. Although there won't be many of those types at the Nations League homes I'd say. 

Edited by E2016 - 12 Nov 2021 at 1:35pm
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Coming in and going out of the stadium there were a few rowdy type. Also massive smell of weed when leaving stadium down the steps from the upper, someone obviously lit up as soon as they got to the steps and smoked it on the way down, you just think "would they not just wait until they have left the stadium and get free from the crowd?". But obviously it's youngfellas where it's all about the bravado anyway and smoking the joint in the stadium makes him one cool mother f**ker

Some adults smoking weed in 114 in front of their kids. 
The dark side.. And the light
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Coming in and going out of the stadium there were a few rowdy type. Also massive smell of weed when leaving stadium down the steps from the upper, someone obviously lit up as soon as they got to the steps and smoked it on the way down, you just think "would they not just wait until they have left the stadium and get free from the crowd?". But obviously it's youngfellas where it's all about the bravado anyway and smoking the joint in the stadium makes him one cool mother f**ker

Some adults smoking weed in 114 in front of their kids. 
There was thousands of adults drinking in front of their kids too
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 4:38pm
Thought the atmosphere was decent but the lads walking in and out of 114 with pints was absolutely maddening. Can people not just have a few before and after? In with pints, out for a slash and repeat ad nausem. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 7:59pm

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Really lovely gesture by Ronaldo - that girl was interviewd a while ago on Newstalk - her Dad got the fine for going onto the pitch she said . Think it was 1K fine 

Would've been a nice memento for Gavin to show his own children some day after telling them about how he played against the greatest player in the world (arguably).

Instead you have some random fan breaking the law and reinforcing bad behaviour to his child so he can grab his mitts on something he knows could be worth at least x5 times that fine someday in the future.

It's also sh*te behaviour in the context of the times we're living in with COVID and Ronaldo looked disgusted to have someone pawing at him like that. 

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the child. I just think it's sh*te parenting.

Oh would you go off, give your head a wobble and support oaps bowls, bingo or whatever.

If you can’t see what that was lastnight, you’re seriously not a football supporter. Fair play to that young girl and fair play to ronaldo, stuff of dreams 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:04pm
It was terrible Joe! They were drinking pints and enjoying themselves Joe! 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:12pm
Joe Duffy is the Howard Stern of Irish radio.
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:03pm
Ryan Tubridy glorifying that youngone on RTE, nobody saying anything about her breaking the law? If it was a 30 year old fella that ran on the pitch he’d have been all over the papers today and he’d have been reading about it on his way home after being left out of the cells this morning.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 1:54am

Ryan Tubridy glorifying that youngone on RTE, nobody saying anything about her breaking the law? If it was a 30 year old fella that ran on the pitch he’d have been all over the papers today and he’d have been reading about it on his way home after being left out of the cells this morning.
would you grow up you snowflake. These are professional footballers, I am sure they can take the terrible physical punishment of a 6 year old hugging them Confused
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

would you grow up you snowflake. These are professional footballers, I am sure they can take the terrible physical punishment of a 6 year old hugging them Confused

He's also a professional athlete who presumably doesn't want people pawing at him while we're all in the middle of a pandemic. Look at it from the macro perspective. He could have a vulnerable family member who is particularly prone to the virus. Nobody knows a stranger's personal situation; so just be a good human and assume the worst.

And child or no child, it's terrible manners. She's 13 and her family is involved in football circles. She's not 5 years old. She should know better - or more importantly, her father should know better.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 11:51am
the Fai will get a five figure fine for the incursions money they can’t afford.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 12:02pm

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Really lovely gesture by Ronaldo - that girl was interviewd a while ago on Newstalk - her Dad got the fine for going onto the pitch she said . Think it was 1K fine 

Would've been a nice memento for Gavin to show his own children some day after telling them about how he played against the greatest player in the world (arguably).

Instead you have some random fan breaking the law and reinforcing bad behaviour to his child so he can grab his mitts on something he knows could be worth at least x5 times that fine someday in the future.

It's also sh*te behaviour in the context of the times we're living in with COVID and Ronaldo looked disgusted to have someone pawing at him like that. 

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the child. I just think it's sh*te parenting.

Well put
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 1:00pm
There was 2 or 3 other kids who followed after that girl, did they also get a 3k fine?

I also see the FAI quashed the 3k fine to the parents of Addison Whelan. 

I wonder will this now become a regular occurrence during games Ireland games? 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Decent atmosphere alright, a very mixed crowd though as you say. The pints was both a blessing and a curse as you said was nice to enjoy you at your seat but there was a few around me in 105 who were in and out like they were at their local.

There was also a rather annoying booer behind me, who was playing the big man to those around him calling Ronaldo all the names under the sun. 

Also funnily despite him saying I go to all the games, I heard him say if we draw then do we need to beat Serbia on Sunday? (and just to be clear he wasn't talking about Portugal as he mentioned it a few times). 

Also hate to mention it but some lads lack of mask wearing and following basic Covid safety protocols too really makes you realise why case numbers are so high, I'd put good money on them being anti vaxxers.

If they're outside, masks are not required as the risk is negligible, so they're not worn. I wouldn't wear them either inside or outside as I'm fully vaccinated with 95% protection, so I trust it to do it's job. If it's still not good enough, then nothing else will help either. 

As regards the rest, if people are just attending Ireland games to drink the devils buttermilk under their seats, and/or to cheer for the opposition, they should not be there. No other nations fans turn up to games for any of those reasons, nor should we.

Nobody knows a stranger's personal situation; so just be a good human and assume the worst. 

That's not a good human, that's someone consumed by fear. That's what has us in the situation we're in. It's why we lost the hosting of the Euros. Everyone terrified of being around everyone else. The survival rate from the virus is over 97%, that was before we all got our vaccines.

It's dangerous to assume or suspect that someone has a medical issue, physical or otherwise, without proof. Its no way to live a normal life either. 

Edited by planning - 13 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 7:09pm
Had great seats in the end as NR had spare seats beside him on the back wall in 114 .
Now there was was a couple in front of us who were smoking well something , look it was not dope but it was in a roll up and sparked quite a bit and a smell of piro about it . Mrs Claret said one of the lads was turning white .
Anyone with ideas what it was and where can i score it fromWink 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic