You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The crowd tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Really lovely gesture by Ronaldo - that girl was interviewd a while ago on Newstalk - her Dad got the fine for going onto the pitch she said . Think it was 1K fine 

Would've been a nice memento for Gavin to show his own children some day after telling them about how he played against the greatest player in the world (arguably).

Instead you have some random fan breaking the law and reinforcing bad behaviour to his child so he can grab his mitts on something he knows could be worth at least x5 times that fine someday in the future.

It's also sh*te behaviour in the context of the times we're living in with COVID and Ronaldo looked disgusted to have someone pawing at him like that. 

Just to be clear, I'm not blaming the child. I just think it's sh*te parenting.
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

that is f**kin disgraceful

Wait, what? Why was there a homeless fella at the match? Also, how do you know he was homeless? He was hardly camped on the steps in a sleeping bag was he?

LOL
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:09am
People arriving 30 mins late and finding people in their seats then the people who are in their seats waiting for a steward to come over as they didn't know where their own seats were. I was looking at a steward for about 5 mins as she was standing right in front of me as she tried to sort the seating out. Lucky there were a lot of kids and their dads where i was sitting so not too many going down to the bars every 2 mins like in the rows in front.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:41am
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

that is f**kin disgraceful

Wait, what? Why was there a homeless fella at the match? Also, how do you know he was homeless? He was hardly camped on the steps in a sleeping bag was he?

It was after the match, young lad in a group of four in ireland gear walking away from the stadium 

Weird thing to pick up on 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:47am
I was up in 516....people kicked us out of our seats before we realised they were in the wrong section and we moved em on..so that was hassle for the poor people behind us but what could we do?

No issue with people coming and going with pints.
I was happy to sip away at one pint each half, brought in before each half started so no movement during the 45s.

Thought the atmosphere was good and I give the team and how we played credit for that.
Overall, a great night.

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:49am
I would have thought people that are used to going to games turn a blind eye to those around them and just enjoy the occasion and atmosphere for what it is. 

Life is too short to be worrying about how others act and behave. Enjoy life
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:52am
Coming in and going out of the stadium there were a few rowdy type. Also massive smell of weed when leaving stadium down the steps from the upper, someone obviously lit up as soon as they got to the steps and smoked it on the way down, you just think "would they not just wait until they have left the stadium and get free from the crowd?". But obviously it's youngfellas where it's all about the bravado anyway and smoking the joint in the stadium makes him one cool mother f**ker

Edited by t_rAndy - 12 Nov 2021 at 11:54am
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:54am
Different behavior's in different parts of the ground rightly or wrongly  , I think people need to use their heads on this if you want to sit there uninterrupted west stand lower is the place to go and likewise if your on the sauce SSL is the place to go .
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:55am
Was in 120 and I didn't notice anyone with Ronaldo scarves or flags. Saw one woman with a "can i have your shirt sign" which i presume she had for her kid. I was lucky in my section as there are defo a few eejits that crawl out for these big games

I enjoyed the atmosphere, a good performance by Ireland, we are defo going places now. 

Had 1 pint before the game which I brought in had enjoyed sipping through the 1st half. Fair play to the all in the SS , the tifos looked class
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I would have thought people that are used to going to games turn a blind eye to those around them and just enjoy the occasion and atmosphere for what it is. 

Hard to enjoy it and ignore it when you're up every few minutes, lads blocking your view every few minutes, lads beside us blocking us for a full two mins trying to sort seats out, fight going on in front of you etc 
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Was absolutely dreadful where I was. Upper 505,close to the entrance

People coming in 20 mins late, wandering around, blocking everyone's view. And constant streams of people getting drink. It was awful annoying to be fair 
I was in 505 too and had a similar experience. Had lads up and down for pints very 5 minutes and the lads in front of us were hammered. They stood up, literally every time we got the ball in their half like we were about to score. Couldn't relax and enjoy it.

Group were trying to do "Messi" chants every time Ronaldo got the ball.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:02pm
Lad in his 40/50’s in front of me with a vuvuzela.

Lads getting up for drink then going to toilet because of drink.

Was great to see lot of kids but then there was group of lads behind them roaring expletives at Ronaldo and others which wasn’t on at all and I don’t know how parents of kids didn’t bash them
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:06pm

Hard to enjoy it and ignore it when you're up every few minutes, lads blocking your view every few minutes, lads beside us blocking us for a full two mins trying to sort seats out, fight going on in front of you etc 
I understand that but it’s part and parcel of big events. We know if we go to Baku or somewhere off course we won’t get that but we know the next time there’s a big game here we’ll have the same as what you’re describing. Same at next big away match. 

It’s not surprising but we all have the option of going or not. If someone doesn’t enjoy going to these matches, don’t go. Not sure where you sit but I would guess there are areas of the stadium you could help avoid it. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:14pm

I understand that but it’s part and parcel of big events. We know if we go to Baku or somewhere off course we won’t get that but we know the next time there’s a big game here we’ll have the same as what you’re describing. Same at next big away match. 

It’s not surprising but we all have the option of going or not. If someone doesn’t enjoy going to these matches, don’t go. Not sure where you sit but I would guess there are areas of the stadium you could help avoid it. 

I've been to 65 football games there! There was never anything like I experienced last night in those games, I've purposefully moved to a supposedly quieter section of the ground years ago, never any hassle, last night was the first time

Edited by nvidic - 12 Nov 2021 at 12:14pm
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
Some amount of Helen Lovejoys out there (Rory O'Connor's tweet brought this to mind) complaining about people booing Ronaldo. The crowd should absolutely make the atmosphere as hostile (and in fairness, how hostile is a match in Dublin going to be) for any world class players playing there. 

Comparisons with England fans are nonsensical. Their anthem was respected, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo should have the red carpet rolled out for him.

These people should just head off to the rugby tomorrow and applaud the Haka if that's the atmosphere they want.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:35pm

I've been to 65 football games there! There was never anything like I experienced last night in those games, I've purposefully moved to a supposedly quieter section of the ground years ago, never any hassle, last night was the first time

Fair enough - that’s your experience. For what it’s worth, I only recently started going to homes again, all in the singing section and enjoyable with like minded fans. I hated going back 7-8 years ago when Delaney upped the security on the south stand and you had in-fighting between fans over the prick. Much better atmosphere these days.
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Some amount of Helen Lovejoys out there (Rory O'Connor's tweet brought this to mind) complaining about people booing Ronaldo. The crowd should absolutely make the atmosphere as hostile (and in fairness, how hostile is a match in Dublin going to be) for any world class players playing there. 

Comparisons with England fans are nonsensical. Their anthem was respected, but that doesn't mean Ronaldo should have the red carpet rolled out for him.

These people should just head off to the rugby tomorrow and applaud the Haka if that's the atmosphere they want.

Absolutely. Having a pantomime villain is part of the fun of being at football. Respect the anthem, applaud the taking of the knee, boo an individual. Big smile
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

ClapClapClap well said

He got applauded for giving the shirt to the young one after the game as well. What do people want from a home crowd like LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic