You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The crowd tonight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Was grand where I was. Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. An enjoyable night.

Id say we didn't go five minutes without someone getting up to talk by us, saw about half of the first 20 mins with people late 

We must have got lucky that we were in the middle of the row and had families on either side. It would be annoying alright if that was the case. 

While i had a good experience, it probably would be better to go back to the old way. 

I wonder did FAI get special approval "hey guys you know that big loan we owe you, well here's the thing, Covid restrictions we are currently not allowed drink in the concourse, any chance you can let us have this one off and let fans drink at the seats? This will help us to maximize our revenue and get you guys your money back sooner"
Sponsored Links

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:18am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Unfortunately didn’t get to go this evening but what’s the story with all the signs looking for jerseys? This is a new thing now is it? Atmosphere seemed good on tv but they mentioned young lads breaking out onto the pitch at the end, more lads looking for jerseys? Saw pictures online of lads in Ronaldo scarves as well - what the hell was that about? Reminded me of the League of Ireland v Man Utd game to open the Aviva back in 2010. I knew one of the lads playing for LOI and when we were shouting encouragement after he nailed Michael Owen with a tackle a fella in full Man Utd gear threatened to knock my head off for upsetting his two sons. The sons were about 15. 

I understand the sign thing if you are a little kid but seeing grown adults with the signs is very lame alright and does appear to be becoming very common now. Was pitch side at the Qatar game and there whole front row after the whistle was flooded with people with signs, mostly kids but some adults.

The little girl who ran on to get the Ronaldo jersey has set a precedent now for the future, f**k the signs LOL

Yet they're loads of stewards behind the goal. Yet 4 people ran onto the pitch from the sideline, corner of the pitch.  
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daragho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:25am
Bit of a sketchy vibe around the place coming out of the ground. I exited via Havelock, which is not normally where I am, and there were a good few lads absolutely mashed, pushing their way through the crowd, joshing with Portuguese fans in that aggressively friendly way. One of them lit a flare in the middle of the packed crowd, holding it up and chanting.

Where I was sitting there were a few families around me so the drink thing wasn't so much of an issue. But yeah, I'll be happier to return to my regular ST seat and hopefully they'll change the bar thing.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:27am
That’s our last home World Cup qualifier so it’ll be booze free for the UEFA run Euros & Nations league
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:38am

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

Should come down to the Singing Section mate
drogcam View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drogcam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:51am
At the final whistle Ronaldo went to Bazunu to shake hands. It looked like Bazunu asked him for his shirt. He must be gutted the girl got it ahead of him LOL
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:56am

I'm a big fan of the seat pints. It's gets everyone out of the concourse early and fills out the ground. I had 2 pints in the stadium and was able to enjoy them. Everyone is standing in 113 anyway so I didnt really notice people squeezing by to go the jax or bar.  

El Puto Amo
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:58am
I was in 116, was a bit of a mixed bag atmosphere wise but luckily didn't have any bother with people in and out for pints or anything, just a couple lads went maybe 10 mins before half time but everyone was there early so didn't miss anything. 

I don't mind the kids holding up signs and that craic, it's the older teenagers and adults that need to have a look at themselves LOL

Quite a few were absolutely trolleyed and plenty event junkies about the place but it's always the same with those matches against top teams

Wasn't the best atmosphere I've experienced but here, was great to be back in packed Lansdowne again and I thought the place was gonna lift off when Pepe got his red. 
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 9:58am

Tonight was brutal, lads in and out for pints, lads turning up 20 minds late not knowing where they were going, lads tumbling about hammered, people in Ronaldo scarfs, fight up by us, young lad after abusing a homeless lad there, called him out on it and he said but your man was Romanian.

Not an enjoyable night 

that is f**kin disgraceful
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:03am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm a big fan of the seat pints. It's gets everyone out of the concourse early and fills out the ground. I had 2 pints in the stadium and was able to enjoy them. Everyone is standing in 113 anyway so I didnt really notice people squeezing by to go the jax or bar.  

Did the opposite around us! Loads of empty seats at kick off 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:04am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I like it too! Was able to grab quick pints on the way back from the toilets about 30mins into the game! Had aisle seats in 114 so worked well.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:11am
What were they serving last night?
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:16am
I have to mirror what some of the other lads here are saying. My aul fella nearly got into a fight with a group of sauced lads who came in 15 minutes late. In fairness there were people in their seats but they stood right in front of us for ages. Angry

To our left there were about 6 young lads who looked like they had never been to a game of football before in their lives. They were constantly going back and forth to the bar during the game and it was driving me nuts. 

That's before we even get into the number of people around me who had Ronaldo scarfs and flags. Embarrassing. 

I'm glad this element, event junkies, don't come to the majority of our games 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:36am
Decent atmosphere alright, a very mixed crowd though as you say. The pints was both a blessing and a curse as you said was nice to enjoy you at your seat but there was a few around me in 105 who were in and out like they were at their local.

There was also a rather annoying booer behind me, who was playing the big man to those around him calling Ronaldo all the names under the sun. 

Also funnily despite him saying I go to all the games, I heard him say if we draw then do we need to beat Serbia on Sunday? (and just to be clear he wasn't talking about Portugal as he mentioned it a few times). 

Also hate to mention it but some lads lack of mask wearing and following basic Covid safety protocols too really makes you realise why case numbers are so high, I'd put good money on them being anti vaxxers. 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 10:54am
Originally posted by drogcam drogcam wrote:

At the final whistle Ronaldo went to Bazunu to shake hands. It looked like Bazunu asked him for his shirt. He must be gutted the girl got it ahead of him LOL

Angry
Rodneytrotter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodneytrotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:00am
Really lovely gesture by Ronaldo - that girl was interviewd a while ago on Newstalk - her Dad got the fine for going onto the pitch she said . Think it was 1K fine 
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

Not an enjoyable night 

that is f**kin disgraceful

Wait, what? Why was there a homeless fella at the match? Also, how do you know he was homeless? He was hardly camped on the steps in a sleeping bag was he?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2021 at 11:06am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Originally posted by drogcam drogcam wrote:

Angry

I can never understand players esp looking for a shirt of Ronaldo or the likes. Just don't get it really. Even if you got it big deal. Whats the point.
I love beer gardens
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic