You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CRISC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just as a counter point, I'd ask people if interested to take a look at Liverpool FCs selling information for the CL final. All clear, no allocation to any supporter clubs or anything like that, all tickets going directly to the fans who meeting the selling criteria (Separate allocation going to the players directly from UEFA) and a clear total on those tickets. The selling criteria are determined based on previous home and away attendance in this years's CL which is recorded by the LFC ticket office via their online system. Fans do not have to pay anything for this.
It's also the same for all away league and cup games. 

In terms of England not selling out their WC allocation, this is nothing to do with their system : It was down to the logistics of the world cup in Russia and also down to dwindling support over the past few years. I can imagine now that will pick up and I'm sure they will have a very large attendance at the Nations League Final. 

Me personally, I have an issue with the concept of CO88, not necessarily with individuals as such : The reason for CO88 existing is that people saw an imperfect system and decided rather than missing out they would join the imperfect system therefore adding to the problem.

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If you are in favour of a universal scheme, then how can you join a club? Joining a club reduces the number of independent supporters and reduces the impetus to moving towards a universal scheme.

Thats it exactly.

Hopefully the "new" FAI start a universal scheme and stop any individual/club from having access to tickets to hand out as they see fit.

Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:44pm
Just to clarify, I receive very few birthday cards these days so I'd happily welcome an extra one !
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just to clarify, I receive very few birthday cards these days so I'd happily welcome an extra one !

Smile
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

All Cof88 members must have a Season ticket through the club.  

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      

With all due respect, this stinks of the FAI appearance in the Oireachtas (the day before the sell outs withdrew from the CRISC I may add).

Its bad form from the club and its committee.
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      

With all due respect, this stinks of the FAI appearance in the Oireachtas (the day before the sell outs withdrew from the CRISC I may add).

Fully agree with Pipkin. Complete lack of transparency here. Is there a spokesperson or an official position on the relationship with CRISC?

Someone else has also raised the very valid point about CO88 not having any visible online presence. How do prospective members join the SC? Is it by word of mouth, or is it a closed shop?
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by JohnSwift JohnSwift wrote:

Fully agree with Pipkin. Complete lack of transparency here. Is there a spokesperson or an official position on the relationship with CRISC?

Someone else has also raised the very valid point about CO88 not having any visible online presence. How do prospective members join the SC? Is it by word of mouth, or is it a closed shop?

gspain if a member of CO88 asked you the question would you give him an answer? 
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 4:44pm

Yes it was me. I asked twice now yet have gotten no answer. He also answered the 2 questions that were posted before mine and the one after.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 5:01pm

I was lurking on here at the time that Co88 was launched as per the link that Borussia has posted on the previous page of this thread, yet I barely even remember seeing that at the time.  And that seems to have been the only invitation on here to join it as I've heard next to f**k all about it since.

As you say, there's been hardly any (if any at all) online presence, no Facebook page or Twitter handle (afaik anyway), no links being posted here by them to any website and no follow-up reminders on how to join them. That thread being locked didn't exactly help with their presence on here but why have we heard virtually nothing about them apart from that blink-and-you-miss-it link that they launched back in December 2014? Confused

Indeed, I'd actually forgotten about C88 until they were mentioned in light of recent controversies at the FAI and the calls for a complete overhaul there.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:21pm
Delaney’s classic quote has been for years, to paraphrase  ‘I useta go to matches as a fan before I took the job and I’ll be going as a fan after I leave the job ‘

Can any Sell Out from the ‘travel’ club confirm whether or not he would be welcome to join their travelling party at a match? Even for a pint?
Trevor.ie View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trevor.ie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:26pm

Delaney’s classic quote has been for years, to paraphrase  ‘I useta go to matches as a fan before I took the job and I’ll be going as a fan after I leave the job ‘

Can any Sell Out from the ‘travel’ club confirm whether or not he would be welcome to join their travelling party at a match? Even for a pint?
You had a few PipkinClap

Edited by Sham157 - 10 May 2019 at 12:01am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:46pm
seems to me that CO88 was set up purely for
Tickets and it was a group people who knew each other at the time from away trips as a way if you can’t beat them
Join them in relation to away tickets.  

Many of us were asked to join through word of mouth over a pint at away games. Some joined and many did not. 

I could be wrong but they never had any interested in adding
to their membership with new travelers.  Seemed happy enough to have 50 or so regular away travelers with season tickets and not add to it.  
AKA pedantic kunt
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

seems to me that CO88 was set up purely for
Tickets and it was a group people who knew each other at the time from away trips as a way if you can’t beat them
Join them in relation to away tickets.  

Many of us were asked to join through word of mouth over a pint at away games. Some joined and many did not. 

I could be wrong but they never had any interested in adding
to their membership with new travelers.  Seemed happy enough to have 50 or so regular away travelers with season tickets and not add to it.  
Dont skirt around the truth Baldrick it was set up as a clique and on the back of a “friend” of Delaneys
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:28pm
There is no facebook page, twitter etc.  It is a SC.  There are loads of options re SCs.  London run fantastic functions etc.  Many others run buses and other trips have social media etc.  

The club doesn't take a position on anything or issue statements.  The club exists to get tickets for members.  

I don't believe anybody was refused membership.  Somebody tried to join and get a Wales away ticket in 2017.  They were told they would be welcome to join but no chance of a ticket for Cardiff.    

The club is open for new members.  PM me if interested.   
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:32pm
Gary I’ve great time for you and we’re friends for a long long time but please stop defending the indefensible. Let the man who set up co88 and has been in Delaney’s pocket for years come on here and answer the questions.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:38pm

It is a SC and answerable to members not to YBIG.  There is no spokesperson or official position. 

I'm just trying to correct some rubbish on here.   

It is not a closed shop.  New members are welcome.    
JohnSwift View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnSwift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:40pm

The club doesn't take a position on anything or issue statements.  The club exists to get tickets for members. 

But that’s not exactly correct, is it? If CO88 is part of the CRISC, they do take a position on issues. The CRISC issued statements with the implication that those statements are representative of the majority view of their members.

Now maybe it’s a case that CO88 wasn’t, or is no longer a part of the CRISC. However, that’s a matter you have yet to clarify, despite the question being posed on a few occasions within this thread.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 10:43pm
No spokesperson no official position LOL  Mirror mirror on the fcking wall, straight from the JD handbook
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2019 at 12:47am

It is a SC and answerable to members not to YBIG.  There is no spokesperson or official position. 

I'm just trying to correct some rubbish on here.   

It is not a closed shop.  New members are welcome.    

Gspain, do you feel the club has benefited you since joining? Has it benefited other members since being formed? Has it benefited friends of members? 

And did it possibly benefit John delaney and the FAI more than all of the above?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
  Share Topic