You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The CRISC Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaConnors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:46pm
Having to go through SCs for tickets is bollocks. It's just another layer where tickets risk being filtered off into undeserving hands. 

The FAI have a record of my attendance and my eligibility for oversubscribed tickets should be based on that. I don't have time to be cosying up to some lad just because he has a position in a SC. 
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 12:55pm
Just as a counter point, I'd ask people if interested to take a look at Liverpool FCs selling information for the CL final. All clear, no allocation to any supporter clubs or anything like that, all tickets going directly to the fans who meeting the selling criteria (Separate allocation going to the players directly from UEFA) and a clear total on those tickets. The selling criteria are determined based on previous home and away attendance in this years's CL which is recorded by the LFC ticket office via their online system. Fans do not have to pay anything for this.
It's also the same for all away league and cup games. 

In terms of England not selling out their WC allocation, this is nothing to do with their system : It was down to the logistics of the world cup in Russia and also down to dwindling support over the past few years. I can imagine now that will pick up and I'm sure they will have a very large attendance at the Nations League Final. 

Me personally, I have an issue with the concept of CO88, not necessarily with individuals as such : The reason for CO88 existing is that people saw an imperfect system and decided rather than missing out they would join the imperfect system therefore adding to the problem.

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:21pm
moved from the other discussion.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't setup as a travel club.  Another well known club does run a lot of away trips.  Many local SCs run buses to home games eg Mullingar.  

There was a fee of ten euro to join.  You also must buy an FAI season ticket.  

The fee is pretty standard but is my estimate.  England fans pay £75 I believe.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per year for what turned out to be a 1 in 18 chance to buy tickets for one of the 2 home games in 2019.   It normally meant you got one home 6 Nations game.  They don't have an away scheme.  The GAA have an excellent season ticket scheme but I believe it is a closed shop now for some teams.  

I've heard lots of stories re SCs.  Some are great some maybe not so good.  However remember some stories are probably completely false. I've no doubt a lot of independent fans are harvesting tickets though.  500 away fans in Moldova, almost 1,000 tickets sold.  250 in Belgrade 500 tickets sold.  Figures are from memory.  I don't have solutions or answers.  People underestimate the cost of organising schemes and organsing pickup away.              

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:23pm
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

This is my personal opinion not that of Class of 88.

Class of 88 was setup to obtain tickets for members when the FAI indicated they’d rather deal with groups than individuals.  The club does not issue statements or take positions on anything.  There are a variety of different opinions within the club.  There are many many different views on a whole variety of issues.  There are no functions organsied like some other clubs eg London.  There is no transport organised to games.  The club has one function which is to get tickets for members.  If a universal scheme is implemented then the club will cease to exist.

Tickets are allocated broadly in line with the FAI’s system of games attended.  The rules were published to members and agreed at the AGM.  There is no advantage to being on the committee or doing volunteer work. 

I’m pretty certain no member has been disadvantaged by being a member.  The story re somebody who missed one game and being a denied a ticket is simply false.  I have seen members who were allocated a ticket ask on here and on social media for a ticket implying they don’t have a ticket.  I’m also aware of a story that I was denied a ticket for a high profile game.  I think it was Denmark but can’t recall for sure but a prominent member of another club even asked me about it.  It wasn’t true.  I’ve no idea where the story came from as I wasn’t even asking for a ticket anywhere for anyone else. 

Other clubs have different ways of allocating tickets.  Indeed I’m aware of SCs for British clubs here that also use widely different schemes. 

I’m not aware of any Cof88 tickets going wrong.  Happy to investigate if anybody wants to provide info via PM.  However I suspect some if not all of these stories are false and frankly made up by people deliberately trying to stir things up.   I know tickets were extremely tight for some games and there was a concern that members could have been actually disadvantaged by being a member.  So there would be little opportunity for tickets to go wrong.     

I cannot comment on the CRISC story but frankly there is a lot of rubbish on here.  There is a lot more to this than meets the eye.  I suspect some of those commenting know that. 

Tickets are normally distributed in country on the day before or matchday thus greatly reducing the risk of harvesting or tickets being passed on. 

I know many members of SCs and independent fans.  I really don’t think it should be one v the other.

It may be an unpopular opinion but by and large the FAI Ticket Office do a great job in allocating tickets.  Football fans are far better served than their rugby or GAA equivalents.    

Personally I’d have no problem with a universal scheme like Scotland or England.  However personally  I don’t want to pay for it.  I suspect however that is what will happen.  Demand and membership has dropped considerably in these schemes.  England failed to sell their allocation for the last World Cup or the forthcoming Nations League.   Such a scheme will most likely cost 50-75 euro per annum.  I imagine some of those screaming the loudest wouldn’t even join in that scenario.    

I never heard about this group apart from on this forum. Is there a website, twitter or Facebook page for the group? The idea of this group seems a bit strange to me as everything seems to be kept quiet. Is there any criteria to going this group or how do you join? I wasn’t on YBIG when it was set up don’t know all the ins and outs of it would would like to find out why’s the story with it @Gspain. This isn’t me signing up to the group or anything, far from it before anyone things that. It’s just that I wanted to find out about the group because I seen that one poster was denied the chance to join. 
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:37pm
Do all combat 88 member hold season tickets????

Edited by gufct - 09 May 2019 at 1:43pm
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:38pm

I'm pretty sure it wasn't setup as a travel club.  Another well known club does run a lot of away trips.  Many local SCs run buses to home games eg Mullingar.  

The fee is pretty standard but is my estimate.  England fans pay £75 I believe.  The IRFU charge 50 euro per year for what turned out to be a 1 in 18 chance to buy tickets for one of the 2 home games in 2019.   It normally meant you got one home 6 Nations game.  They don't have an away scheme.  The GAA have an excellent season ticket scheme but I believe it is a closed shop now for some teams.  

I've heard lots of stories re SCs.  Some are great some maybe not so good.  However remember some stories are probably completely false. I've no doubt a lot of independent fans are harvesting tickets though.  500 away fans in Moldova, almost 1,000 tickets sold.  250 in Belgrade 500 tickets sold.  Figures are from memory.  I don't have solutions or answers.  People underestimate the cost of organising schemes and organsing pickup away.              

it's a pity the closing date for applications for the local elections is closed because you make a good candidate for Fianna fail for not answering questions you were asked. Again, is CO88 in CRISC? 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Just as a counter point, I'd ask people if interested to take a look at Liverpool FCs selling information for the CL final. All clear, no allocation to any supporter clubs or anything like that, all tickets going directly to the fans who meeting the selling criteria (Separate allocation going to the players directly from UEFA) and a clear total on those tickets. The selling criteria are determined based on previous home and away attendance in this years's CL which is recorded by the LFC ticket office via their online system. Fans do not have to pay anything for this.

In terms of England not selling out their WC allocation, this is nothing to do with their system : It was down to the logistics of the world cup in Russia and also down to dwindling support over the past few years. I can imagine now that will pick up and I'm sure they will have a very large attendance at the Nations League Final. 

Me personally, I have an issue with the concept of CO88, not necessarily with individuals as such : The reason for CO88 existing is that people saw an imperfect system and decided rather than missing out they would join the imperfect system therefore adding to the problem.

The Nations League is in Portugal next month.  England got 10,000 per game.  They returned thousands.  England brought thousands of fans to Chicago for a meaningless friendly in 2005 many going just to improve their chances of tickets for the 2006 World Cup.  Loads will go to Portugal and loads went to Russia picking up tickets from other sources.  Our numbers travelling to friendlies in the U.S. from here are in low double digits.  I don't believe too many here would pay to join such  scheme.

I'm sure you know a lot more about Liverpool's systems than me.  However I believe a fancard system is used for many seats and these can and are passed on.  A friend attended the opening game of the season this way.  

I don't think the majority of members of Cof88 would miss out either way.  Most of us would still get tickets.           
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:02pm
A fan card is used for Liverpool home games at Anfield but not for away games : Those are all paper tickets and sometimes some will need to be collected on the day of the game in the away location. 
Yoco Santos View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoco Santos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:05pm
20 is plenty

Obviously estimated figures here but I'd imagine we would have between 3-10k in a universal scheme per year depending on the qualifiers draw. Could probably add another 5k in a year that we qualify for a tournament.

Based on a €20 annual membership fee to apply for away tickets, thats worth between €60,000 to €300,000 to the FAI per year. More than enough to hire any additional resources if required to manage an universal scheme and still have a chunk of change left over even in the lowest year of membership uptake. 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:06pm

A fan card is used for Liverpool home games at Anfield but not for away games : Those are all paper tickets and sometimes some will need to be collected on the day of the game in the away location. 
There is a lot of unhappiness regarding home tickets, especially season tickets, at Liverpool. 
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:13pm
All Cof88 members must have a Season ticket through the club.  

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:18pm

All Cof88 members must have a Season ticket through the club.  

I'm not in a position to answer anything regarding Cof88/CRISC.  Suffice to say there is a lot more to this than meets the eye and it is a matter for Cof88/CRISC.      
Any chance you would have a look at my post up there? Interested to hear about it.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:23pm

That's the issue in a nutshell.

If you are in favour of a universal scheme, then how can you join a club? Joining a club reduces the number of independent supporters and reduces the impetus to moving towards a universal scheme.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:25pm
Absolute load of bollocks regarding sellouts of 88, come on GF let’s be having you, you were quick enough to speak up on here when you were setting up your cabal with your mates
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:28pm

cost is the narrative from FAI under Delaney. a tiny slice of his 700k a year would subsidise a system.

Are fans important or not?
It would not too expensive for couple of bodies to man pick up point
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

There is a lot of unhappiness regarding home tickets, especially season tickets, at Liverpool. 

Season tickets are being hoarded and sold on at above face value on match days.
The club are aware of it and are trying to do what they can to clamp down on it - Doing it in conjunction with SOS so ensure there isn't any adverse impact on genuine fans. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2019 at 2:32pm

Don't think everybody got the memo

If you recall the scheme that was proposed it included  modest fee per ticket  - from memory it was the cost of foaming pint of stella at the time 5 euro  or half the optional price of joining Cof88Smile) - it was principally based on the Scottish scheme but as I stated at the time we didn't need or want
  • a crappy T shirt
  • a crappy key ring
  • a birthday card from the FAI on our birthday
  • a glossy city guide Etc
  • all the other crap that came with it

All that was wanted was administer a simple fair and transparent away scheme for ALL fans

As regards group pick up , I recall ATAC/SFA notes from a meeting from a few years ago  ( imagine a bunch of supporters and their representative FA publishing minutes Shocked) stating that the cost of a DHL to individual ticket holders was of the order of £20 stg , added to standard postal costs and administering the post this would surely be offset by pick up away - hell it might even be a reward for the TO staff for the abuse they take over the tickets which could be almost eliminated at a stroke if a universal scheme was brought in

Edited by Newryrep - 09 May 2019 at 2:39pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic