You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 12:31pm
He was not acquitted. The State just said they no longer wanted to proceed. They are entitled to do that.

He could be retried but I doubt it. I've heard rumours as to why it collapsed but nothing solid and can't post them here.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:04pm
Read these 2 articles yesterday that were listed back to back on the website:

"Odunlami’s two previous minor convictions are for theft and possession of knives."

"A JUDGE HAS jailed a 48-year-old homeless Polish man after he called a Catholic priest “a motherf**ker” outside St Peter and Paul Pro-Cathedral in Ennis last month.

It really shows how f**ked up the judicial system is in this country!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:12pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

He was not acquitted. The State just said they no longer wanted to proceed. They are entitled to do that.

He could be retried but I doubt it. I've heard rumours as to why it collapsed but nothing solid and can't post them here.

Thumbs Up
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 2:22pm
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

"Odunlami’s two previous minor convictions are for theft and possession of knives."

"A JUDGE HAS jailed a 48-year-old homeless Polish man after he called a Catholic priest “a motherf**ker” outside St Peter and Paul Pro-Cathedral in Ennis last month.

I assume when they say minor, they mean District Court. They're still convictions of course. The lad in Ennis, by comparison, had 40 convictions, almost all as a result of his alcohol problem, it would seem.

The number and type of previous convictions plays a big part in sentencing. If these positions were reversed, the Lusk lad would have got anywhere from eighteen months to three years and the Ennis lad anywhere from a €50 fine or some manner of probation supervision to a suspended sentence.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 3:02pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

I assume when they say minor, they mean District Court. They're still convictions of course. The lad in Ennis, by comparison, had 40 convictions, almost all as a result of his alcohol problem, it would seem.

The number and type of previous convictions plays a big part in sentencing. If these positions were reversed, the Lusk lad would have got anywhere from eighteen months to three years and the Ennis lad anywhere from a €50 fine or some manner of probation supervision to a suspended sentence.

You can motorboat but no whistling
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
OAPs apply within xx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 hours 3 minutes ago at 6:36pm
Lawyered or not, the fact that a lad can take a knife out with the intent to mug people and use it to threaten someone for the purposes of stealing personal belongings and get away with community service is just wrong. Its literally a split second away from potentially being murder. 
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 35 minutes ago at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Im no legal expert and yes you cannot be tried for the same crime twice, if acquited.

Case collapsing is a different thing.

I think you can be tried again if new evidence appears.

Provided as I say you have NOT been acquited.

I was hearing we did away with the "double jeopardy" thing a while back, so Hutch could get charged again if "compelling" evidence emerged.  As Dave said though, this is unlikely.

The emails surrounding four gardai probably have major significance and "a major error of judgement" seemed to be in the case of Colm Fox.

Feud won't be stopping any time soon that's for sure.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 17 Leagues and 24 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 149150151
  Share Topic