You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Crime Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 328>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 6:18pm
LOL
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Doesn't have a job. You'd wonder why the social isn't looking in to people like this. Where is he getting the money from in order to afford a trip to Amsterdam, which isn't by any means a cheap city.

The dole is about €200 a week.

The bus from Wexford is €32 return, flights are €40 return to Amsterdam, and you can get a 3 star for about €80 per night.

For two people, a two night midweek trip to Amsterdam costs €64 plus €80 plus €160 - that's €300-odd, or €150 each.

If you can save €50 a week from your dole, you can pay for it inside six weeks, including €300 spending money. It's not exactly dropping 10 large on the roulette table in Vegas.

It also depends on rental expenses back home - maybe these two have no accommodation expenses and live with their folks.

There are many variables and just because two unemployed people can afford a midweek trip to Amsterdam doesn't give rise to even a presumption that they're defrauding welfare.

While I full understand the math, we both know there isn't a hope the chap in this case was casually saving €50 a week in order to fund a trip away to the Dam or maybe I'm just being a cynical f**ker

you could say the exact same thing about Rovers fans paying the admission fee into Tallaght 
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:05pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Aren't you allowed to have personal savings when you're on the dole? Genuine question too. I assume you are, which means they would be wasting more money by investigating this then he would be receiving.
It was this idea that helped f**k the welfare system over here, of spending millions looking for some lad trying to get an extra few quid off the social. Meanwhile, billionaires are avoiding, evading, ducking and diving tax by every which way possible and the government 'didn't have the resources ' to chase it.

You're allowed to have 20,000 savings.Any more more than that and your payment is reduced depending on how much you have.They caught some lad claiming a couple of years back with 400,000 savings!
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 7:13pm
Dole is €200 or whatever.
What about the nixers some people on the dole earn.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Doesn't have a job. You'd wonder why the social isn't looking in to people like this. Where is he getting the money from in order to afford a trip to Amsterdam, which isn't by any means a cheap city.

The bus from Wexford is €32 return, flights are €40 return to Amsterdam, and you can get a 3 star for about €80 per night.

For two people, a two night midweek trip to Amsterdam costs €64 plus €80 plus €160 - that's €300-odd, or €150 each.

Mug someone at an ATM and you'd have that money in 2 minutes
FYP
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 9:14pm
Hopefully they mug you, you can right into the Daily Mail about it.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:02pm

Hopefully they mug you, you can right into the Daily Mail about it.
Too write..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2018 at 10:06pm
Embarrassed
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:26pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:40pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:45pm
It's f**king sick. I'd happily vote to allow the death penalty in cases like this.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 6:38pm
that's unthinkable.. Sounds like your man from lost prophets or the film a Serbian FilmDead
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:31pm

It's f**king sick. I'd happily vote to allow the death penalty in cases like this.

Agreed.
Once they rule out insanity....it’s a quick injection/bullet/rope etc.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:50pm
i dont want to even read that. fcuking hell. people are scum.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 9:08pm
It just can't be even possible?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:54pm
Crime must be down with them all in Vegas...
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 10:59pm

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:24am

A lot of then got turned away at the airport LOL
Here we go again
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:43am
loadsa lads with ponytails beards tight suits and defaced  tricolours legging it around the runways after planes in the airport this morning
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 328>
  Share Topic