You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Cost of Living Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 39>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

You've actually done better than the allowance there, so you might have calculated wrongly.

1800 x 30% x marginal rate can only be €216 at most (higher rate) and assumes you worked from home every day, which is impossible. The most days you work in a year with annual leave and bank holidays is 225, assuming you worked from home all the time , so should then be multiplied by 225 and divided by 365.

You are right, it was 1437 EUR, 205 days remote.

Still can't be right.

Bills x 30% x marginal rate x no. Of days / 365
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm

Still can't be right.

Bills x 30% x marginal rate x no. Of days / 365

Can't explain it Tom, I've 242 showing on the P21 and the tax cert, which is the amount before the marginal rate applied.

Edit: I think I have it, its not listed under tax credit, its under deductions Cry This stuff is like black magic

Edited by counterlock - 24 Jan 2023 at 9:47pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 12:24am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Where is this done?
thick ****
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 10:06am
Done the maths on the wfh relief, for me it works out at just over 25c per day, not much but over 3 years it's a night out for a meal with her indoors.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Where is this done?
thick ****

Confused
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:06pm

Where is this done?

Couldnt be easier. My account on revenue. Asks you for the bill amounts and the number of remote days in the year.

Money back in the bank two days later.

Don't see anything like this on the main page.

Edit I see it now under Claim tax credits. 

Edited by horsebox - 31 Jan 2023 at 6:09pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 6:11pm
So how does this work. 

Do you have a upload a recipient for each month for both electricity\heat and broadband?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2023 at 9:59pm
No, you just have to have records to back it up if asked (your bank statement will do that). You are asked for the amount of the bills, and the number of days work from home. They then do the sum for you.

It's under the claim tax credit heading yes.
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 8:05am
Thanks Tom - only glanced at it last night running out the door.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2023 at 9:45am
Claimed my wfh credit for 2020, 2021 and 2022, took about 30 mins to calculate bills/days wfh, and less than 10 minutes to update myaccount. Had 3 SoLs and money in my account in 4 days. The credit doesn't come close to what I paid but little fish. If I was living on my own and never had electricity/heating on ordinarily during the day while I was at work I might feel aggrieved especially where wfh was an imposition and not a choice.

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:15am
Went to the Cinema today first time in years 75quid for two adult tickets and usual Cinema food nachos popcorn two minerals :(
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:52am
Jaysis what the absolute fock. Did she pay in the end? Big smile
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:56am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jaysis what the absolute fock. Did she pay in the end? Big smile
No such thing as a free ride as they say.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:05am
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Went to the Cinema today first time in years 75quid for two adult tickets and usual Cinema food nachos popcorn two minerals :(

What were you eating? Caviar?

My local luxury cinema with recliner seats is 18 euro each and then you would be looking at a tenner each for popcorn and a drink
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:11am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

What were you eating? Caviar?

My local luxury cinema with recliner seats is 18 euro each and then you would be looking at a tenner each for popcorn and a drink

2 tickets 1 Chips and Nachos with Cheese and Two large Drinks and a regular Popcorn in the odeon in Blanch (Avatar in IMAX) no Joke. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 1:51am
Everything is a joke.

We have a caravan on a site in Wexford that also has mobiles and we were looking to get a mobile home this year. More so looking for second hand as didn’t wanna pay 65k for a brand new one, the rate going for brand new ones last summer. Found out now that that 65k is now 80k to get a brand new one on site. 15k extra in one year. Hands tied as that is the price of the mobile and he has to pass it on.

Really hope with China opening back up now for manufacturing we finally start to see a bit of movement in the supply chains and prices getting back to normal. It’s just out of control like in the mobile instance, the lack of steel is driving prices crazy for steel and mobiles are mainly buoy out of steel.

Edited by t_rAndy - 06 Feb 2023 at 1:54am
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 8:20am
I have a couple of hiking weekends in April, down in glengariff. Was needing total four nights, quoted 285 per night. Booked same in bantry, 30 mins drive away, for 150 per. Still expensive imo but some difference

Edited by oldbilly - 06 Feb 2023 at 8:21am
No Pasaran!
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2023 at 12:36pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Everything is a joke.

We have a caravan on a site in Wexford that also has mobiles and we were looking to get a mobile home this year. More so looking for second hand as didn’t wanna pay 65k for a brand new one, the rate going for brand new ones last summer. Found out now that that 65k is now 80k to get a brand new one on site. 15k extra in one year. Hands tied as that is the price of the mobile and he has to pass it on.

Really hope with China opening back up now for manufacturing we finally start to see a bit of movement in the supply chains and prices getting back to normal. It’s just out of control like in the mobile instance, the lack of steel is driving prices crazy for steel and mobiles are mainly buoy out of steel.

cry me a river ffs Cry

this is hardly cost of living crisis unless you're living in a caravan Ermm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 39>
  Share Topic