You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Cost of Living Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 39>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

The chicken donner is my Zaytoon go to…unreal

Hank Marvin here now after this thread and pints 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Bloody hell lunch  is a sandwich outs Tesco a bag of crisps and a wispa 

That post made me picture Victor Meldrew eating a soggy sandwich on a park bench in the rain

You must have met Newryrep then. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

A lot of the food and drinks you buy now are getting smaller.

Things I’ve noticed recently

Frank and honest lattes - cup nowhere near fills now and the cups are also smaller
Wham bars 
Had a KFC last week for first time in ages and the size of the burgers was a joke 
Fulfil protein bars, I forget the name of them

Also the price of deli counter food is ridiculous 

Brutal coffee, far too watery.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 9:29am
Protein bars, chocolate bars and crisps have gone from 55g to 42g and the prices have gone up.

Got a batter sausage last week and it was half the size it use to be Thumbs Down
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 9:51am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Protein bars, chocolate bars and crisps have gone from 55g to 42g and the prices have gone up.

Got a batter sausage last week and it was half the size it use to be Thumbs Down

Was it known as the scientist on the menu. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 10:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Maybe your hands are getting fatter.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 11:25am
Gas bill in the door. It's double the same period from last year with no extra usage. Can imagine that will bring hardship to a lot of people.

I was coming to the end of a dual contract with electric ireland and by agreeing to allow them monitor my smart meter (why wouldn't you?) They've extended the 26% dual fuel contract discount for another 12 months. The usual switching discounts are a lot smaller now than before, so this is a worthwhile saving

My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Paid €17 for a meal in zaytoon at lunch time yesterday. Gone are the days of lunch in town for about a tenner.
Think they got bought out by Pressup Group a few years back, added about 6 euro onto the price of everything
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Paid €17 for a meal in zaytoon at lunch time yesterday. Gone are the days of lunch in town for about a tenner.
Think they got bought out by Pressup Group a few years back, added about 6 euro onto the price of everything
Just had a nosy at that pressup group. They own some amount of brands. There will soon be nothing independent left. No mention of Zaytoon though.

Edited by Sham157 - 12 Nov 2022 at 5:54pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:54pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Just had a nosy at that pressup group. They own some amount of brands. There will soon be nothing independent left. No mention of Zaytoon though.

yeah can’t see anything about it online. I Definitely heard it at some stage but might be wrong
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 7:11pm
Nah PU have nothing to do with Zaytoon. We do a lot of work for them. They have a huge portfolio but not Zaytoon
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 12:22pm
Does anyone know what the penalties are for paying a lump sum off a fixed rate mortgage?

Going by the calculator, the lump sum I pay will almost be 100% saved on the interest I won't have to pay, so unless the penalties are outrageous, it seems like a no brainer.

Edit: To add, it is BOI

Edited by counterlock - 25 Nov 2022 at 12:22pm
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:13pm
You're better going to ask the bank in advance. They use some formula but it's impossible to understand!! 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 1:58pm
Yea I saw a convoluted formula on the PTSB site Confused I think I'll give them a shout and see what it works out at

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 3:34pm
Depends how long you are fixed for etc but a lot of the time it's not too bad. But have your ducks in a row before you pull the trigger anyway. Good luck  
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2022 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by counterlock counterlock wrote:

Does anyone know what the penalties are for paying a lump sum off a fixed rate mortgage?

Going by the calculator, the lump sum I pay will almost be 100% saved on the interest I won't have to pay, so unless the penalties are outrageous, it seems like a no brainer.

Edit: To add, it is BOI

They'll tell you in a few mins on the phone. 

Cheapest money you'll ever get though, could be better investing the money in something that returns a better interest than what you'd pay on the mortgage? 
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2022 at 1:46am
I paid a lump sum off my mortgage. Called them before and they said no charge but could change bla bla bla. Letter came in the door charge of €66.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2022 at 9:55am
Gas bill in Oct 20th - Dec 20th

A cool €580 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 39>
  Share Topic