Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Celtic Thread
    Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:19am

What about keeping all things Celtic on this thread??

Please - Celtic haters - stay away!

Gary Hooper to be called into England U21 squad i read today, even though he's 23 he was the proper age when the campaign began. Good luck to him!

ICT rearranged cup game now on Wednesday night, but not on TV due to champions league being on - UEFA dont allow other games to be shown on the same night

Rangers very lucky yesterday from what i've heard, i hear Killie were denied a blatant peno in the last few mins, anyone see it yet?

Edited by RogerMilla - 02 Aug 2011 at 4:04am
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:33am
bump
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 6:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Baggio are you for real?
Your blaming the media for making UEFA aware of this?
I've heard it all now
I agree with ye Showgies Lennon shouldn't have gone as far as he did with the comments

well why did the FA not charge United fans after the Elland road banner? cos Fergie wasn't asked any question on it after the game, and therefore the club didnt have to come out and condemn it, it was quietly swept under the carpet.

I dont think a banner would have been in the Greek referees report.

I also dont recall Walter Smith ever being questioned on Rangers fans behaviour on away trips which brought about UEFA charges, but hey lets not sound paranoid.
The Man Utd banner was in very bad taste and was disgraceful
but the f**k UEFA banner is a blatant pop at the games rulers,ye just cant do it
how anyone would expect to get away with it is beyond belief
These Celtic fans are bringing the spotlight onto themselves,no one else
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:10am
Its been known for years that we have a minor scumbag element in the club , no matter how well behaved 99% of Celtic fans behave week in week , home or away! Celtic and Rangers will always be in the public eye because it boils down to religion with alot of people , Celtic fans who put up that banner were wrong as are the fans who glorify the IRA.

No club is immune to a having a few scumbags starting trouble , im not trying to drag up a Celtic vs Rangers debate but if you look at how well the majority of our supporters have been well received for years an years compared to Rangers it shows great strides were made in stamping out the trouble makers!!
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Diego Duffy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diego Duffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:26am
Long may it continue G D pity about the minority however..
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:28am
Was this just a small group.
Thought it was GB banner.

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:31am
If it was a Green Brigade Banner or if it wasnt can everyone associated with the Green Brigade or fans that were standing in and around the same area as the ones who put up the banner be all tarred with the one brush???

Its like saying if a person threw a banana at a black player and i was with a group of friends sitting beside him , would i or my mates be racist?? No....

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Dec 2011 at 7:34am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:32am
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Was this just a small group.
Thought it was GB banner.

Looked like a GB style banner

Lawwell did state - this is not the green brigade, its a minority rogue element of the support
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 7:50am
He can't slate the GB because he allowed them all to move to a certain part of the stadium. The  club accommodated their members with season tickets when it came to setting up the singing section. He's not going to hammer them after being seen to help them 2 seasons ago. At the same time the club didn't appeal the fine from UEFA because it now has a stick to beat those so called roque elements of the GB.
Twitter: @ghosty1879
cabbageandbacon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabbageandbacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:29am
Bangura scored twice and Emilo played today in a closed door game agianst Morton. Celts won 3-1.

By: Mark Henderson on 20 Dec, 2011 14:04

MO Bangura bagged brace as a Celtic XI beat Morton 3-1 in a bounce game at Lennoxtown on Tuesday afternoon.

The Sierra Leonean struck both his goals in the first half, with two close-range finishes before exiting the action shortly before the hour-mark.

David O’Brien replied for the visitors but the Hoops sealed the victory in the closing stages when Paul George headed home after Tony Watt´s effort had been beaten away.

It was a match which proved a useful exercise for the watching Neil Lennon, with Emilio Izaguirre and Kelvin Wilson both getting a full 90 minutes under their belts as they continued their recovery to full fitness following injury.

Bangura struck his first in the 22nd minute, finishing from close range from Izaguirre’s cutback.

Filip Twardzik had chance to double Celtic’s advantage shortly after, but fired wide after being supplied by Andre Blackman.

Minutes before half-time, Bangura doubled the hosts’ advantage, flicking home at the near post after good work from Paul George

Morton produced an instant response to reduce the deficit before the interval but Kelvin Wilson still had time to hit the bar before the half-time whistle sounded.

After the break, Celtic continued to creates plenty of chances and hit the woodwork twice through efforts from James Keatings and Tony Watt.

And their efforts were finally rewarded in the final 10 minutes as Watt´s low drive was saved by the keeper but headed into the net by George.

CELTIC (4-4-2) Feely; Fisher (Jones) Toshney, K Wilson, Izaguirre; George, McGeouch, F Twardzik (Irvine), Blackman; Bangura (Watt) Keatings (McGregor)

Edited by cabbageandbacon - 20 Dec 2011 at 8:30am
Twitter: @ghosty1879
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 8:38am
good to see izzy back playing again!!
put em under pressure!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:28am
Lenny is right to condemn fans who misbehave. Pity more managers don't. Fans who get the club in trouble are not real fans. Keep telling it like it is Lenny.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:38am
Lennon is probably getting sick of all this stuff coming up when the team are putting together a good run of results. Even after the performance last thursday, the first thing they ask him is about the banner must be annoying.

What do people think about the prospect of Izzy featuring on the 28th, is it worth the risk?

Edited by Del-Piero - 20 Dec 2011 at 9:38am
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:25am
Great effort from Hooper. Glad to see him get some recognition from the England set up. Not a bad bit of business from Lennon saying we got him for about £2m.
It's a walk-off!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 6:26am
sounds like a decent idea to me , never saw any of the killie game  , only 2 points in it now though
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 7:22am
RB,
What match will the Rangers players be suspended for after the red cards against the mighty Hoops?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 7:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

RB,
What match will the Rangers players be suspended for after the red cards against the mighty Hoops?
Next years scottish cup
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:02am
Horray, a thread of our own!

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

2. Is it true Tommy Stewart (Rovers player last season) signed for Celtic?
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:07am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

2 questions.............1. is the re-fixed Cally game still gonna be on Sky?  Ain't got ESPN.

Christ i hope not
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 8:48am

no i mentioned above - sky cant show matches on same night champions league is on, so it isnt televised

is that tommy stewart who played for Linfield? what would be the point signing someone of that standard?
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:37am
Its good to see Lennon refusing to speak to the media. He needs to keep outa the spotlight for a bit and let the football and results do the talking. Unreal how he was made out to be the scapegoat.
It's a walk-off!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:39am
games def not on tv now, that sucks. looks like its a crappy stream then on wed night.
put em under pressure!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:40am

First international honours for Celtic defender

Thomas Rogne has won his first call-up to the full Norway squad for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Denmark.

14 March 2011 14:17 GMT

First%20international%20honours%20for%20Celtic%20defender

Thomas Rogne could make his debut at international debut for Norway this month against Denmark in a Euro 2012 qualifier. Pic: ©SNS Group

Thomas Rogne has been called into the Norway’s full squad for the first time in his career. The Celtic defender, who has been capped at Under-19 and Under-21 level for his country, is in Egil Olsen’s pool for the Euro 2012 qualifier with Denmark on March 26.

Rogne, who moved to Celtic in January 2010 from Stabaek, replaces the injured Vadim Demidov in the squad.

The 20-year-old defender hasn’t started for Celtic since the 4-1 win over Aberdeen in the Co-operative Insurance Cup semi-finals on January 29, going off injured in the second half against Craig Brown’s side.

Injury and the form of Charlie Mulgrew and Daniel Majstorovic in his absence has kept Rogne on the bench, before his return to action as a substitute in the recent win over Hamilton, in which Swedish stopper Majstorovic was also forced off injured.

Since his move, Rogne has featured 20 times for Neil Lennon’s side, scoring twice.

Norway currently top their qualification group for Euro 2012, having won their first three games against Cyprus, Iceland and Portugal.

put em under pressure!
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:41am
good to see, ive been impressed with him, its a pity he got injured when he did but now with Majstorovic injred he can step straight into the CB for suns final and weds cup replay
put em under pressure!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 9:48am
Fookin hate Internet streams.

Was wondering where Tommy Stewart had gone to as he didn't sign another deal with Rovers, so I googled him and according to wiki, he signed for Celtic about 2 weeks ago.......He's a decent enough player and scored some vital goals for Rovers last year and he's still a young lad, just surprised we hadn't heard publicly he'd joined the Celts.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
Inverness Ct V's Celtic
Live this wed KO 19.45
Followed by music from The Spirit of Freedom

Edited by horsebox - 14 Mar 2011 at 10:30am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 10:41am

Fookin hate Internet streams.

Was wondering where Tommy Stewart had gone to as he didn't sign another deal with Rovers, so I googled him and according to wiki, he signed for Celtic about 2 weeks ago.......He's a decent enough player and scored some vital goals for Rovers last year and he's still a young lad, just surprised we hadn't heard publicly he'd joined the Celts.

havent heard that he signed at all. i dont know anything about the lad, is he any good?
put em under pressure!
Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:09am
Do all the Celtic players get paid in euros or is it just Anthony Stokes on the insistence of his dad?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:20am
I dont think Stewart has signed, haven't seen it on any Celtic websites and i check them all every day, Would be a peculiar signing

possible banana skin on Wed night against ICT, won't be easy
zoolander View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zoolander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2011 at 11:26am

ICT away is always tricky. We just need to stay focussed and not get distracted by Sundays game. Hopefully Rangers pick up a few injuries on Thursday nite, starting with Diouf and Bougherra!

It's a walk-off!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 1928>
  Share Topic