You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17571758175917601761 1928>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 8:43am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Istanbul reject the offer to sign Boli on a permanent

Fantastic news

Better than we currently have. That says it all. 
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 2:44pm
Brilliant stuff from Johnstone 2010 on kds
Hopefully thousands more like him

" Club Celtic form returned with the NOT renewing box ticked,

They ask for a reason and I summarised in 4 bullet points, based on the crux of the below email I sent to Caitlin Alexander of Executive Sales

Caitlin

It is with much sadness that I am deciding not to renew my Club Celtic membership or even purchase a standard season ticket for the forthcoming season.

I refuse to fund the gross mismanagement of the club and while the departure of Peter Lawwell is welcome, but well overdue by about 11 years, I believe he will still have a malign influence at the club.

From the lazy appointment of re-hiring Neil Lennon, to his refusal to sack him after another Champions League exit to a side with a fraction of our budget, then from the botched Eddie Howe appointment to the shocking appointment of a relative nobody who just happens to work in the same group of companies as his son, I cannot continue to fund this corporate vandalism.

During his parsimony over the years, Lawwell and the board decided that we could not compete in Europe so he decided that we should just compete with whoever our city neighbours are. As a result we have needlessly missed out on 6 of 8 the last Champions League revenues and allowed a near bankrupt neighbour over take us and give them direct access to the Champions League for season 22/23.

No lessons have been learned from the one time we hired a first rate manager who had full control, who even then was undermined by our board. Ion his departure we received near world record compensation, yet he was replaced by the cheap option who left his last job under a cloud with his side 8th in the SPFL, all the while there was nothing “cheap” about the remuneration afforded to Peter Lawwell.

His ego, which meant he saw himself as de facto Director of Football where he had undue influence on player recruitment has led us to the mess we are in now and no lessons appear to be learned and even less culpability acknowledged.

I could go on and cite numerous other examples of the corporate failure of Peter Lawwell and the board.

Therefore, with a true sadness, but as a protest, I am withdrawing all financial support to the club and I will be urging others to do likewise, however upsetting it is.

On a personal note, I would like to thank you and all your colleagues for the excellent service I received as a Club Celtic member.

Yours Sincerely"

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Celtic Football Club
@CelticFC
🍀 New #CelticFC boss Ange Postecoglou and incoming CEO Dominic McKay met in London today to continue working on preparations for the new season.

They will also watch our Scottish Bhoys tonight at Wembley
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 1:57am
Any news on Kennedy and Strachan? Hopefully these two are shown the door
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 5:48am
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2021 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

This club jumps from disgrace to disgrace
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 5:09pm
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 7:02pm
Lee O'Connor would be well advised to look for another club if this deal goes through. Anthony Ralston has been given a new one year contract which will presumably push Lee further down the pecking order for the right back position.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2021 at 2:39pm
Ange lands in Glasgow and has started his reign in the most appalling way

Griffiths "I’m out of contract at the end of the month, but I spoke to the manager last week and he’s keen to keep me on. We’re looking for a deal that can be done and hopefully it can done in the next few days.”
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 8:38am
"ANGE POSTECOGLOU jetted in on Wednesday to start work as Celtic boss — as the Hoops stepped up their bid for £5million defender Mario Vuskovic.

Celts scouts watched the Hajduk Split kid, 19, several times last season."

We'll see
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 4:17pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2021 at 10:25pm
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 2021 at 5:16pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 12:15pm
One of Myjyllands best players joins Brentford
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:43pm
Everything Celtic
@aboutceltic
·
Jun 27, 2021
🇭🇷 | Mario Vušković

Celtic are set to complete the signing of Croatia U21 centre-back Mario Vušković for a fee of £4.3M + add ons.

The 19 year old could join the club as early as next week after Celtic's persistence broke down
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2021 at 2:49pm
Everything Celtic
@aboutceltic
🍀 | Celtic FC

Celtic's chief of sports science Jack Nayler has left the club.

Jack joined Celtic in 2016 & will leave five years down the line to join Bundesliga side RB Leipzig.

NOT GREAT
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 8:53am
Lawwell appears to be gone.....thank the lord
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 10:31am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Lawwell appears to be gone.....thank the lord

He will still be at the club though in another position it wouldn't surprise me if he still has a role to play as he's said to Dominic Mac that he's only a phone call away!

Edited by Double Maxim - 01 Jul 2021 at 10:31am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17571758175917601761 1928>
  Share Topic