You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Celtic Thread
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login


The Celtic Thread

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17561757175817591760 1764>
Author
Message
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 05 Sep 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 1307
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
yeah, he'd definitely have won the ten had it not been for the pandemic...

What's crazy is people will forget about this given time and he'll still be welcomed back to the club as a legend in the future, while others who achieved much more will continue to be chastised for not being a "Celtic man".
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 11:08am
Smsm pushing that Ange wants Kevin Muscat as his assistant
Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 4:43pm
Leverkusen in talks with Ajer

£10mill + please
Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Smsm pushing that Ange wants Kevin Muscat as his assistant


They are backtracking on it now
Felt like winding up the Tim's for the afternoon lol
Back to Top
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Joined: 29 Mar 2013
Location: Co Down
Status: Offline
Points: 6682
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Smsm pushing that Ange wants Kevin Muscat as his assistant


They are backtracking on it now
Felt like winding up the Tim's for the afternoon lol

Rent free.
Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 7:05pm
Looks like he's waved goodbye to the Marino's fans after their cup defeat today
Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 9:09am
Confirmed

Please be good Ange

Edited by tonyjaa - 10 Jun 2021 at 9:10am
Back to Top
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2007
Location: Ireland
Status: Offline
Points: 6888
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:20am
Have a feeling, based on nothing really, that he's going to do well. Likes to attack from what I've read
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Back to Top
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Joined: 28 Jan 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 33401
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 11:02am
Big job on his hands starting now. Ajer and Eduoard are likely to leave and Brown is away. That's the spine of the team gone
Back to Top
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Avatar

Joined: 28 Oct 2012
Status: Offline
Points: 894
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 5:37pm
The links begin!
Matt Ryan the Aussie goalie with a year left on his deal at Brighton has already been mentioned haha
Was Barkas that bad? I thought it was more a case that the defence in front of him were utter pish

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signed Arzani from their Man City overlords again either
Back to Top
Roberto_Carlow View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 05 Jan 2019
Status: Offline
Points: 485
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 6:26pm
Barkas has been really poor. Was Matt Ryan on loan at Arsenal last season, or have a dreamt that up?
Back to Top
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar
Born n bred in darndale.

Joined: 03 Feb 2010
Location: Ireland
Status: Online
Points: 31032
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 7:35pm
The 3 Celtic keepers are not good enough.
     
Back to Top
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady


Joined: 04 Aug 2020
Status: Offline
Points: 2072
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2021 at 10:03pm
I don't understand the snobbery around appointing Roy Keane.

He got a middling Sunderland team promoted and established them in the Premier League. They've had 13 managers since and only 2 have surpassed his win %, and both did that in League 1.

As bad as his Ipswich reign was at the end, he had a better win % than 4 of his 5 successors, and the much lauded Mick's win % was scarcely better, as was the win % of his immediate predecessor.

Both teams are now in League 1.

Postecoglou's managerial experience equates to spells in charge of teams in piss-poor leagues and and a spell in charge of the Australian national team, who lost all 3 games in the 2014 World Cup

They won the 2015 Asian Cup by beating one good team after extra time.

As I said, don't get it. Keane has experience of managing for and against the standard of players Celtic have at club and international level. And he isn't any more or less experienced in terms of managing in CL or EL games.

Not opening the checkbook wouldn't be an issue either because Keane didn't sign world beaters at Ipswich and Sunderland. As Irish fans, we should appreciate this. He squeezed blood from a stone with a significant amount of, frankly, bog-standard Irish players who haven't pulled up any trees before or since.
"Stay out of this! This is personal, and it’s private. Real f***ing private."

Don Henley
Back to Top
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 551
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I don't understand the snobbery around appointing Roy Keane.

He got a middling Sunderland team promoted and established them in the Premier League. They've had 13 managers since and only 2 have surpassed his win %, and both did that in League 1.

As bad as his Ipswich reign was at the end, he had a better win % than 4 of his 5 successors, and the much lauded Mick's win % was scarcely better, as was the win % of his immediate predecessor.

Both teams are now in League 1.

Postecoglou's managerial experience equates to spells in charge of teams in piss-poor leagues and and a spell in charge of the Australian national team, who lost all 3 games in the 2014 World Cup

They won the 2015 Asian Cup by beating one good team after extra time.

As I said, don't get it. Keane has experience of managing for and against the standard of players Celtic have at club and international level. And he isn't any more or less experienced in terms of managing in CL or EL games.

Not opening the checkbook wouldn't be an issue either because Keane didn't sign world beaters at Ipswich and Sunderland. As Irish fans, we should appreciate this. He squeezed blood from a stone with a significant amount of, frankly, bog-standard Irish players who haven't pulled up any trees before or since.

Could be wrong but I thought Keane was heavily backed financially to get out of the Championship. 

I appreciate your other points, about him being too quickly dismissed as an option. However I think if hes to restore his reputation he needs to start looking at jobs in League 1 with ambitious clubs. 

I think the whole Ratsapp-gate seriously harmed him, when it looked like he had mellowed and become slightly more approachable, that came out. 
Back to Top
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Joined: 05 Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Status: Offline
Points: 16760
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 9:57am
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

The links begin!
Matt Ryan the Aussie goalie with a year left on his deal at Brighton has already been mentioned haha
Was Barkas that bad? I thought it was more a case that the defence in front of him were utter pish

I wouldn't be surprised if he re-signed Arzani from their Man City overlords again either


Ange is Greek born himself
Wonder might he have some sympathy for Barkas and back him unlike the previous manager did?
I don't think now is the time for empathy tbh, is he your #1 or not?
Back to Top
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Avatar

Joined: 24 Sep 2008
Location: Sunderland
Status: Offline
Points: 37583
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Roberto_Carlow Roberto_Carlow wrote:

Barkas has been really poor. Was Matt Ryan on loan at Arsenal last season, or have a dreamt that up?

Yes he was on loan to the Gooners.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Back to Top
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Avatar

Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Status: Offline
Points: 551
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 2:41pm
Dont know much about Ryan but he cant be any worse than our last signing from Brighton.

Felt Barkas, whilst uninspiring got a bit of a raw deal last season. Dont recall him making any massive blunders but he seemed to be the first to get it before everyone realised the ones in front of him were horrendous. 
Back to Top
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane


Joined: 28 Sep 2015
Location: Cork
Status: Offline
Points: 272
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Dont know much about Ryan but he cant be any worse than our last signing from Brighton.

Felt Barkas, whilst uninspiring got a bit of a raw deal last season. Dont recall him making any massive blunders but he seemed to be the first to get it before everyone realised the ones in front of him were horrendous. 

The only thing about Barkas was his total lack of presence - like we were all looking for someone of the stature of Forster, which in all reality we were never going to get. I still think we might have a player there though - for the money paid he'd want to impress next season though. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17561757175817591760 1764>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.