You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174817491750
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Not sure how accurate this is?

Looking likely now. Just hope he has been working away in the background. As I said previously I dont buy into the hype surrounding him, but he cant be produce any worse than what we have been served up this season. 
Sponsored Links

TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Looking likely now. Just hope he has been working away in the background. As I said previously I dont buy into the hype surrounding him, but he cant be produce any worse than what we have been served up this season. 

He took a side from near extinction to the Premier League and sustained them there for many seasons playing attacking possession football on a shoe string budget. He is the best young manager in British football. The same person has no doubt been been preparing for a task this size for many seasons now, as it was when not if a large club came calling. 

Edited by TigerRoll - 12 May 2021 at 3:45pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:50pm
Exactly the type of manager that I feel Celtic need. 
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

He took a side from near extinction to the Premier League and sustained them there for many seasons playing attacking possession football on a shoe string budget. He is the best young manager in British football. The same person has no doubt been been preparing for a task this size for many seasons now, as it was when not if a large club came calling. 

He took them to EPL after breaking FFP rules and ultimately relegated them. Also responsible for some expensive flops, so to say he done all on a shoe string isnt accurate. His tenure at Burnley and lack of European experience is also a concern. But as said previously, he seems like a studious coach and he cant do any worse than this seasons incumbents.  
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:05pm

He took them to EPL after breaking FFP rules and ultimately relegated them. Also responsible for some expensive flops, so to say he done all on a shoe string isnt accurate. His tenure at Burnley and lack of European experience is also a concern. But as said previously, he seems like a studious coach and he cant do any worse than this seasons incumbents.  

What flops? As Solanke is the one mentioned usually, who is one the top scorers in Championship this year. Howe was right on him. 
There is a hell lot more success stories than flops, which can’t be said for Celtic the past number of transfer windows. The Premier League is much harder in comparison to Europe. 
The main issue with Howe is if he’s supported. He can’t work miracles, he needs investment and his own team. John Kennedy has to go.

Edited by TigerRoll - 12 May 2021 at 4:06pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:46pm
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 5:18pm

What flops? As Solanke is the one mentioned usually, who is one the top scorers in Championship this year. Howe was right on him. 
There is a hell lot more success stories than flops, which can’t be said for Celtic the past number of transfer windows. The Premier League is much harder in comparison to Europe. 
The main issue with Howe is if he’s supported. He can’t work miracles, he needs investment and his own team. John Kennedy has to go.

Solanke was signed for the Premiership, a £19m striker doing well in the Championship. Jordan Ibe another flop. Danjuma similar to Solanke.

Regardless of how you see the Prem vs Europe, they are two different competitions and the fact of the matter is, he has no experience in Europe. 

Tony Mowbray had a similar CV. Nice attacking football, won promotion to the Prem and we know how that turned out. Been able to handle the pressure of expecting to win every week, is a different ball game to avoiding the drop and being happy with draws. 

Im sure he will have financial backing. Cant see him committing otherwise. 

I'll be renewing my season ticket regardless so hopefully he can provide some entertaining football. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:54pm
2nil up , Turnbull & eddie

Time to get this season back on track

Edited by tonyjaa - 12 May 2021 at 6:55pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:48am
Some cracking goals last night.

Celtic 4-0 St Johnstone: Scott Brown assists in his final ...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12304593/celtic-4-0-st...

8 hours ago · Celtic finish their Scottish Premiership season with a trip to Hibernian on Saturday, while St Johnstone host Livingston. Both games kick-off at 12.30pm. Win £250,000 with Super 6!

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Yesterday at 10:40am
Really fancy the lesser greens to beat the Originals today. The Originals will field a second string side, as they have a cup final next week. 
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 52 minutes ago at 12:28pm
Interesting that Sutton said today that DD didnt want him at Celtic in the summer of 2000 but MON was powerful enough to get his own way. He said that Howe (or whoever) needs to get the same authority over transfer decisions.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 hours 44 minutes ago at 12:36pm
Gordon Strachan is a pundit on Hibs TV.

I suppose he is a Hibs fan.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 47 minutes ago at 2:33pm

What a painful watch that was.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 44 minutes ago at 2:36pm
Why was the Edouard goal ruled not valid?

Delighted that season is over
Worst in memory, down there with Macari/Brady
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 hours 38 minutes ago at 2:42pm
Originally posted by Martiponti Martiponti wrote:

Really fancy the lesser greens to beat the Originals today. The Originals will field a second string side, as they have a cup final next week. 

Yes, an almost entirely second string Hibs side, probably only one or two cup final starters at most out of that eleven. And Celtic still couldn't score against them.

John Kennedy was on the shortlist for the Hibs manager role not too long ago. They had a lucky escape there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 174817491750
  Share Topic