Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14941495149614971498 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2019 at 11:23pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

The new jersey isn't proving very popular!LOL
Most jerseys are sh*te now, so it is hardly a surprise.

Not sure what the problem could be
It’s a Celtic home jersey, it’s green and white hoops 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It is awful!It doesn't look like a Celtic jersey, which is quite a feat really!
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

That jersey is horrendous.
absolutely awful Dead won’t be making too much money off of it LOL

Edited by BaileNuisBhoy - 02 May 2019 at 12:11am
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:13am

Really?
If I saw someone walking down the street wearing that same jersey but minus the Celtic badge, sponsor and kit manufacturers logo, the first thing I would think is “there’s a Celtic jersey”

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 02 May 2019 at 12:14am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:15am
John McGinn voted villa player of the season. I always knew we’d regret not getting him.. instead we waste money on bayo, compper etc
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:16am

Really?
If I saw someone walking down the street wearing that same jersey but minus the Celtic badge, sponsor and kit manufacturers logo, the first thing I would think is “there’s a Celtic jersey”
I wouldn't! The hoops are too thin, which makes it look like either a cheap knock off or another club. I can't say I am too bothered, I wouldn't have bought it either way, but I can see why people are annoyed.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:53am
Anyone more northern we have Ryan McBride Soccer Sixes on Sunday in Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium Stadium 
Dinner that night, darren farley, q&a petrov and stephen kenny 
Teams
Celtic 
Czech republic
Derry City
PFAI Select 

"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Anyone more northern we have Ryan McBride Soccer Sixes on Sunday in Ryan McBride Brandywell Stadium Stadium 
Dinner that night, darren farley, q&a petrov and stephen kenny 
Teams
Celtic 
Czech republic
Derry City
PFAI Select 

ClapCoolClap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 7:50am
Celtic and Rangers are both set to withdraw their under-20s teams from the reserve league next season as they look to create a more authentic experience for their up-and-coming players.

Chris McCart, head of Celtic youth development, explained: “We wanted to create a colts team in the lower leagues but that was knocked back. So now we are looking at other opportunities.

“When Neil Lennon was the reserve team manager ten years ago we did the same thing. Lenny would take teams down south every two weeks as well as European teams. James Forrest actually came through that model. He was someone who had outgrown the under-19s. The cross-border games were a good quality and test for us. It is about striking the balance. There is something about the reserve league which is good and attracts us, but you need that consistency and quality in the matches.”
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:08pm
Scott Sinclair signs an extension and will be there next season. I know he scores goals but when he’s bad it’s like playing with 10 men..so predictable and frustrating
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:23pm
He's in a comfort zone Sinclair
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:36pm
I quite like their new jerseys
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 12:41pm
Any chance there's a release clause been added if Middleborough do come knocking?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 1:09pm
The Sinclair extension is really worrying! There is no logic to it, he is completely done. Another year of watching him shuffle up to the full-back, slow down and then either fall over or pass inside. He will no doubt have a burst of goal scoring form that will have people trying to justify his wage, but he just isn’t good enough. If he was a bit part player on low wages it would be justifiable, but Hayes is far better than him and Edouard still looks better on the left of a three. Dead

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 2:46pm
Tierney going for surgery shortly after the cup final on the 25th

4-5 week recovery then probably 3 weeks to get up to speed football wise

Hopefully Celtic in the champs lge qualifiers by then [:o]
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 2:48pm
Re' Sinclair

I'm sure there is now a £2mill release clause in his contract this summer if a moneybags championship mug club still fancy him

Sell sell sell sell - would also get his 35k a week free to spend elsewhere on the team

Fwiw I always thought he'd be destined for the MLS, what with his missus trying her luck out in the soaps out there too [LOL]

Or even a middle east club since he and her seem to spend any free time they get in Dubai

Edited by tonyjaa - 02 May 2019 at 2:52pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2019 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Re' Sinclair

I'm sure there is now a £2mill release clause in his contract this summer if a moneybags championship mug club still fancy him

Sell sell sell sell - would also get his 35k a week free to spend elsewhere on the team

Fwiw I always thought he'd be destined for the MLS, what with his missus trying her luck out in the soaps out there too

Or even a middle east club since he and her seem to spend any free time they get in Dubai
crazy to think he’s our highest earner 
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2019 at 7:44am
The argument for Sinclair is how do you replace his goals. 16 goals for a winger is a decent return when you consider he has been muck for the second half of the season. I think the club look at him as a squad member for another season who will score a few goals when he feels like it , therefore gave him the extension. If we got offered anything for him they'd take it. I'd start Hayes over him every game from now on. He offers more than Sinclair with his general play and effort. 

With Griffiths coming back and Weah and Burke likely to leave we are still very short up front. Need more fire power. What's the story with Bayo? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14941495149614971498 1928>
  Share Topic