You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18441845184618471848 1933>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Potential biased officiating aside, are they actually equipped to have VAR in Scotland?
What sort of a camera angle was that to try to tell if Jota was offside last night? Its at the other end of the pitch. How do they draw lines to determine?
Why don't they have camera's at each ends of the pitch?

Exactly its not fit for purpose and smacks of amateur hour.      

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:13am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

No, they’re just winning matches because they are a better team. Simples.

Do you think that tackle above is a red card?

I’d have given it. But there’s no conspiracy.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but I do think there is a sub conscience bias against Celtic, game after game Celtic have faced some dubious VAR decisions.

There is hardly a man, woman or child that follows football that does not believe that VAR is weighted favourably towards other teams. In the PL, most fans genuinely belief that it’s out to get them.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:17am
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:34am

No, they’re just winning matches because they are a better team. Simples.

Do you think that tackle above is a red card?

I’d have given it. But there’s no conspiracy.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy but I do think there is a sub conscience bias against Celtic, game after game Celtic have faced some dubious VAR decisions.

There is hardly a man, woman or child that follows football that does not believe that VAR is weighted favourably towards other teams. In the PL, most fans genuinely belief that it’s out to get them.

There are multiple decisions going against Celtic from VAR in nearly every game.
Officials have been accused of being Rangers fans or pro Rangers - including referees. Scotland has a deep rooted bigotry against the Irish which we hear on our screens every week. It's no surprise that those in VAR box would be inclined to go for a decision that goes against Celtic.

I have commented before about the standard of refereeing in Scotland as a whole is of a very poor standard.

Edited by horsebox - 10 Nov 2022 at 10:38am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:59am
Refereeing is under the microscope in loads of leagues, and VAR is the bugbear of most fans. Decisions taken can be reduced down to lots of other plausible explanations such as human error, poor judgement, and poor officiating. Now, with multiple angles etc, I think fans can see what they want to see. I really struggle with the idea of bias (subconscious or otherwise) given Celtic’s title win last term, successive title wins over the past decade and the decent haul of cups too, and the fact that as we approach Christmas Celtic are streaking ahead.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:32am

Refereeing is under the microscope in loads of leagues, and VAR is the bugbear of most fans. Decisions taken can be reduced down to lots of other plausible explanations such as human error, poor judgement, and poor officiating. Now, with multiple angles etc, I think fans can see what they want to see. I really struggle with the idea of bias (subconscious or otherwise) given Celtic’s title win last term, successive title wins over the past decade and the decent haul of cups too, and the fact that as we approach Christmas Celtic are streaking ahead.

And this is what Celtic are up against every week.

Celtic could have dropped points last night, and the match before, and the one before that too. And if that were to happen, then they are behind Rangers, and possible buy a good margin too.

It's just that Celtic have managed to pull the win out of the bag that they are in the position that they are in, that you just assume there is nothing to see.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:37am
But that’s what loads of clubs see themselves as up against each week. Celtic aren’t the only ones that feel that way. In fact, I suspect I could find a wing of Rangers fans that are convinced in the opposite direction. Fans nowadays are analysing every decision and putting their own views and even narrative to it. In the PL it’s a conviction of many Clubs outside the ‘Big Six’ that in games with the ‘big six’ they lose the marginal decisions with VAR.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:41am
What VAR decisions went against Rangers last night?

In fact, VAR turned a blind eye to the handball by the Rangers player inside the box to give Hearts a penalty which ultimately may have denied Rangers a win and allowed Celtic to go further ahead.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 11:45am

What VAR decisions went against Rangers last night?

In fact, VAR turned a blind eye to the handball by the Rangers player inside the box to give Hearts a penalty which ultimately may have denied Rangers a win and allowed Celtic to go further ahead.

I didn’t see anything from the Rangers game last night. But I can guarantee you that there is at least a wing of their fans that will pick out moments when decisions went against them, or when they tell themselves they didn’t get a fair crack of the whip.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 6:39am
Off to Paradise shortly Mon the Hoops.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2022 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Off to Paradise shortly Mon the Hoops.
no better football ground to be in today - maybe Stadio Diego Armando Maradona.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:37am
Overcame the usual cheating VAR scummery yesterday

County were tough to break down

Can see O'Riley getting a ban for "bringing the game into disrepute" comments post match

Edited by tonyjaa - 13 Nov 2022 at 8:38am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2022 at 8:45am
Cracking day in Glasgow yesterday we were in the Emerald CSC Govan base a lovely spot barbed wire at the entrance and no windows because of previous petrol bomb attacks!
Good craic with the Arclow CSC branch.Music class the singer was quality.

Celtic had to overcame a stubborn Ross county team and an incompetent ref (the peno award was farcical) but the Bhoys class showed in the end with two quality goals.

Nine points clear and a far superior goal difference Ange is the Bhoy.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2022 at 4:56pm
Looks like the Bhoys landed in Australia some time late Monday GMT

Edited by tonyjaa - 15 Nov 2022 at 4:57pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2022 at 11:34am
Captain McGregor back training with the squad today

Injured on 5th October - missed 11 games

Edited by tonyjaa - 16 Nov 2022 at 11:39am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 8:26am
Celtic team news for the match v Sydney FC this morning 9:30 ko.

CELTIC: Siegrist, Ralston, Welsh, Starfelt, Bernabei, Abildgaard, Turnbull, Ideguchi, Abada, Forrest, Kyogo.

Subs: Bain, Taylor, Haksabanovic, Jota, O'Riley, Roberston, Hatate, Lawal, Vata.

Edited by Double Maxim - 17 Nov 2022 at 9:12am
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:11am
Celtic 1 up. Kyogo with a fortunate one. 
KO was 8,45 DM 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 9:12am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Celtic 1 up. Kyogo with a fortunate one. 
KO was 8,45 DM 

Sorry don't know where I got that  ko time from thanks probably tiredness for the heads up.

Edited by Double Maxim - 17 Nov 2022 at 9:19am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18441845184618471848 1933>
  Share Topic