You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18211822182318241825 1928>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 9:02am
Would have bitten your hand off for what we have achieved this season, if offered it in June last year. 

I can see Ange having a massive clear out and really fine tuning the squad. Without the dreaded qualifiers hopefully we can get our business done early. Seem to be on the verge of signing an Iranian left back, which is music to my ears as Taylor is one of the most limited players I've seen hold down a regular spot, for a long time (barring last seasons debacle). 

I fear we will have to look for replacements for CCV and Jota unfortunately. 
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:47pm
Good afternoon YBIG

What a beautiful day it is
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Good afternoon YBIG

What a beautiful day it is

Are you an Ange convert now Tony?
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 6:00am
Anyone see Tams insta post? Very ominous about him leaving!!! 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 8:19am
Yeah it was mentioned here the other day, gutting
He's been homesick and wanted to move closer a while now

What a servant

Oddly Forrest has been given a 3 year deal - that man is finished, hasn't really worked in this Ange system at all, very very odd development

Edited by tonyjaa - 13 May 2022 at 8:52am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:19am
I'm sad to see them go.

Celtic has announced that long-term servants Tom Rogic and Nir Bitton will be leaving Celtic at the end of the season after being with the club for nearly 10 years – with tomorrow's match at Celtic Park being their last for the club.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou said: “While we are very sad to see both Tom and Nir leave the club, we totally respect their decisions in wanting to seek a different challenge in football, having both played their part in our success for the past decade. 

“They have certainly made such a tremendous contribution to Celtic over such a long and successful period for the club and I understand that in their minds the time is right to move on.

“I am sure they will leave with the sincere best wishes of our supporters

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:25am
Talk about Bitton the hand that feeds you.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:46am
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Bitton & Rogic apparently leaving in the summer Cry

Both long term squad players - the rebuild continues!!

He called it

Edited by tonyjaa - 13 May 2022 at 11:47am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 11:49am
I can understand Bitton leaving but not Rogic.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:21pm
Richard McGinley
@Richiestoke
Celtic will announce the departure of several players today. Including Tom Rogic

Soro to the MLS has been muted a long time
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Oddly Forrest has been given a 3 year deal - that man is finished, hasn't really worked in this Ange system at all, very very odd development

Agree 1000% percent here. His legs are gone - I was watching him doing the warm up against the huns at parkhead and it was taking him ages to get off the ground during the sprints. The most baffling contract offer since we gave James McCarthy his 4 year one a year ago Dead
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Bitton & Rogic apparently leaving in the summer Cry

Both long term squad players - the rebuild continues!!
You were right chief. Unfortunately! Sad to see Rogic go. Bitton was a good squad player too. Hopefully some players In, in the coming weeks.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 10:46am
Coverage of the Celtic match starts at 11:30 on sky sports football this morning and it a 12:15 ko.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 11:05am
Team today.

Celtic: Hart, Starfelt, Ralston, Taylor, Carter-Vickers, Maeda, McGregor, Rogic, Turnbull, Jota, Kyogo.

Subs: Bain, Ideguchi, Welsh, McCarthy, Bitton, O’Riley, Forrest, Abada, Giakoumakis.

Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Team today.

Celtic: Hart, Starfelt, Ralston, Taylor, Carter-Vickers, Maeda, McGregor, Rogic, Turnbull, Jota, Kyogo.

Subs: Bain, Ideguchi, Welsh, McCarthy, Bitton, O’Riley, Forrest, Abada, Giakoumakis.

will be interesting to see if Ange tries to fit both GIakoumakis and Kyogo in the staring 11 next season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 1:13pm
Celtic turning on the style.
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2022 at 2:22pm
Nice to see James Mac get a run out :)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2022 at 5:11pm
Excellent result/performance to finish off the season
What a screamer from kyogo

Rogic will be sorely missed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 18211822182318241825 1928>
  Share Topic