Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16651666166716681669 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 9:27pm
What rumours are these? Do share 
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2020 at 10:22pm
I'm not sure many of them are true, but try Twitter, TakCeltic or KDS and you will get plenty.
I think it is more that people are considering they might be true and are being discussed that the end is nigh. Whatever is or isn't true, something is wrong and I can't see this not ending badly. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm
Julien out for another few weeks has his back problem has flared up again

Edited by tonyjaa - 21 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 12:14pm
Remember after the Ferencvaros defeat Lennon said there are players at the club who don't want to be there and they should just leave. No-one left, so there are obviously problems in the camp.

He needs to rip up his team and tactics and start again IMO
No point in having 3 big centre halfs passing the ball back and forth to each other for the majority of a game and no options/being outplayed ahead of them in midfield.
I'd prefer him to go back to a back 4
Its time Turnbull was considered ahead of Ntcham

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 7:00pm
Same team as last Saturday except the front 2 are Ajeti/Griff
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:38pm
Duffy and Ajer pretty sh*te at the minute, the midfield is as poor as I can remember, doesn’t look for or get on the ball or dictate a game. Wingbacks are ok even if Frimpong lacks end product a bit

Ajeti and Laxalt have been slightly promising but overall this is very worrying 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Oct 2020 at 8:39pm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 8:46pm
Lennon looks like a defeated man. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:34pm
Who’d have thought going to a flat back 4 instead of 3 big centre halfs passing it sideways to each other for the second game in a row would have seen an improvement 
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:52pm
To think there was lads in the duffy thread saying celtic wouldn't be good enough for him! Only thing to be said in his defence is he looks lost in a back 3. Needs to get up to speed soon.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 9:54pm
As I said earlier, rip it up and start again Lennon
If he isn’t going to be sacked that’s the best thing he can do
Too many doing f**k all but continuing to start every week 

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 10:12pm
Very poor again
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2020 at 11:20pm
Taking off Laxalt for Taylor should be a sacking offence in itself. Duffy awful once again
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 8:46am
I questioned previously if the Duffy signing was actually essential. With injuries etc a case could be made but his performances have been awful, not just in the last two games but since he came in. With the wages hes commanding we would have been well sticking with Jozo. If Jullien or Bitton was fit I'd have either in front of him.

Have said for a long time 352 easily exposed and yet again it proved again last night. Hopefully thats the last we see it.

I'm hoping last night could be a turning point, with Brown going off after 60 mins, that Lennon realises hes almost done. 

Ntcham getting pelters from a lot of people, thought he was the better of the three that started in the middle. 

Massive game on Sunday anything but three points he could walk. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 10:36am
Duffy can't even be dropped right now

Julien injured
Bitton covid
ElHamed covid

Super
Southstandman View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Southstandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 1:52pm
When ya pass the ball away as many times as the Celtic did last night your going down for the count . Terrible to see that . Lennon looked like a kid waiting to be hung - do his team not know they are playing for a legend ffs ?? . Hope things improve . 
We are Shamrock Rovers we"re Irelands number 1 .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2020 at 7:05pm
Saw on Twitter someone describing Duffy as Efe Ambrose with a Wolfe Tones CD LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2020 at 8:39am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:51am

Neil Lennon has told critics to lay off star signing Shane Duffy and insisted he’s not to blame for Celtic’s dodgy defensive displays.
Lennon’s side have shipped eight goals in nine games since Duffy’s arrival from Brighton.
The Irishman came under fire for sub-standard performances in defeats to Rangers and AC Milan last week but Lennon has revealed he needed emergency dental work just 24 hours before the Old Firm clash.
He also insists Duffy has been thrown in at the deep end in the absence of Christopher Jullien, Hatem Abd Elhamed and Nir Bitton and Lennon is convinced the 28-year-old will be a stalwart this season.
He said: “Shane didn’t play any football for nine months. All of a sudden he’s played 14 games in about five weeks.
"He played all of the games for Ireland then he had an abscess in his mouth that was giving him a lot of pain
“He flew back into Glasgow last Thursday, had some emergency dental work and we had to roll him out on Saturday against Rangers.
“He played on Thursday night but we’re curtailed in that he’s got no Bitton, Jullien or Elhamed beside him.
“In the main, his performances have been pretty consistent.
“I know he’s under a bit of scrutiny because people are looking at him for some of the goals we’ve lost but we can’t pinpoint that on Shane. It’s a collective effort.
“As the season unfurls and goes along, he’ll play a huge part and he’s a good type as well. We also have to remember that these boys are away from home.
“This isn’t like the big lockdown where they were able to go home and visit their families.
“They’re in at training and then they’re restricted in where they can go.
“Shane will eventually revel in the pressure of playing for Celtic but he’s only just in the door.
“He’s been thrown in without any real pre-season. He’ll get better and better and he’ll be a stalwart.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16651666166716681669 1928>
  Share Topic