You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16111612161316141615 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:31am
Sad to see Jonny go.

I thought he would have been around for another season.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:34am
sad to see him go. Always gave 100% and was a great back up. Likeable lad too. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:34am
Lennon was keen to keep him. Hayes is a good pro, reliable and versatile, and Lennon trusted him and played him in big games. A number of Championship teams were reportedly interested so money may be the reason. Or possibly the board was looking at the age factor-Hickey of Hearts, a teenager, may be signed for the left back position. Either way the manager won't be pleased.
RoyD View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:55am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Lennon was keen to keep him. Hayes is a good pro, reliable and versatile, and Lennon trusted him and played him in big games. A number of Championship teams were reportedly interested so money may be the reason. Or possibly the board was looking at the age factor-Hickey of Hearts, a teenager, may be signed for the left back position. Either way the manager won't be pleased.
possibly the worst year ever to risk a player like Hickey ahead of Hayes. I’d say it’s money or a guaranteed place in the team. The jury is out on Boli and Taylor. I reckon if we buy Hickey, we’ll loan him back out. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 1:01am
I would be surprised if Bolingoli is still there whenever the new season starts, and if he is I doubt he will be involved. I don't think Lenny trusted him. Which is why I would have liked Hayes around, but I guess he wants more regular football. 
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:20am
"From the lows of breaking a leg, to the highs of winning a treble, the last three years have been an enjoyable journey, in which I've worked under some terrific staff and shared a dressing room with some unbelievable guys!
Football at times brings some tough decisions, so I'd like to thank you all for the support received along the way!
Stay safe everyone. "

Id have definitely kept him at least one more year, replacing him with Hickey is a massive downgrade
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:30am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

"From the lows of breaking a leg, to the highs of winning a treble, the last three years have been an enjoyable journey, in which I've worked under some terrific staff and shared a dressing room with some unbelievable guys!
Football at times brings some tough decisions, so I'd like to thank you all for the support received along the way!
Stay safe everyone. "

Id have definitely kept him at least one more year, replacing him with Hickey is a massive downgrade

Exactly Hickey is s gamble and next season is not a time for gambling

Edited by Double Maxim - 30 May 2020 at 7:31am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:42am
It's one less Irish player at Celtic also though one or two of the young players may break through. Luca Connell for instance can play left back, so could Lee O'Connor, Okoflex may be seen as an option to play some games on the wing. Coffey has a lot of competition to break into the midfield. Afolabi is one Lennon thought might break through sooner rather than later and his spell at Dunfermline will have helped him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 7:47am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

It's one less Irish player at Celtic also though one or two of the young players may break through. Luca Connell for instance can play left back, so could Lee O'Connor, Okoflex may be seen as an option to play some games on the wing. Coffey has a lot of competition to break into the midfield. Afolabi is one Lennon thought might break through sooner rather than later and his spell at Dunfermline will have helped him.

Be great to see some of these break through and Tommy Caffrey too.

Edited by Double Maxim - 30 May 2020 at 7:52am
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 8:22am
Yes, I had forgotten about Tommy. There's also Ben Quinn, nephew of former internationals Alan and Stephen Quinn, though he's only 15 or 16 so one for the longer term. One I'd be delighted to get on board would be Mikey Johnston, who I think is still eligible for us. Missed much of last season with injury but what a player he can be.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 10:05am
So Arazani Hayes and Miller have left the club.

Edited by Double Maxim - 30 May 2020 at 10:11am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Arzani, Bauer, Forster & Elyonoussi all loan expired
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 12:41pm
Disappointed Hayes is gone. Maybe not the greatest accolade but hes our best option at left back. I'm guessing he was offered reduced terms and he found them unacceptable, as it seemed Lennon wanted him to stay. After wasting near £6m on Taylor and Bolingoli, we find ourselves in same position as last summer trying to find a decent left back.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 1:38pm
How unlucky was Arzani?

Could have been an exciting prospect.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

[DIV]So Arazani Hayes and Miller have left the club.[/DIV][DIV]
[/DIV][DIV] Twitter @MIUI| [URL=https://mobile.twitter.com/DBestseventy2/status/1266639545141006337/photo/1]https://mobile.twitter.com/DBestseventy2/status/1266639545141006337/photo/1[/URL][/DIV]

Arzani, Forster & Elyonoussi may still come back on loan
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 2:49pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 4:56pm
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2020 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

https://celtsarehere.com/celtic-announce-shock-departure/

Said after the Copenhagen game that Lennon wouldnt be keen on using Jozo again. The club could have triggered a 1 year deal and maybe punted him, but that tactic back fired with Sinclair last year, and we were stuck with an expensive wage in the stands. I didnt overly rate Jozo but would have been nice to get a few quid for him.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 16111612161316141615 1928>
  Share Topic