Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15271528152915301531 1928>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Do Celtic go into the EL now?
Go into Europa League play off.
Throw that and make sure of the league. That defence is astoundingly bad. Two absolute howlers from Bain and Brown didn’t help, but the defence really is atrocious.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:50pm
Spent £7m on a centre half and he’s on the bench
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:57pm
They might meet Linfield in the play off. Crazy that they are the last Irish team left in Europe. 
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

They might meet Linfield in the play off. Crazy that they are the last Irish team left in Europe. 
Celtic aren’t Irish...

Also, the draw has already been made. It is AIK, providing they finish their tie off.

Edited by pre Madonna - 13 Aug 2019 at 10:02pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:08pm
Deserve everything they get

A better ref would've helped though - first half obviously
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:12pm
Bemused as to why Brown handled the ball
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

He was the worst player on the pitch all night. I don’t think he is able to play two games in quick succession anymore. It still doesn’t excuse what was a piece of utter stupidity.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I’m still bemused to why Lenny got given the gig permanently.

The only defence for it is he achieved the bare minimum last season but it really papered over how bad some of the performances were
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2019 at 11:09pm
It’ll all be forgotten in a few months if Lennon is top of the table

Win the league again, sell off another few of the best players and try to replace them with cheap, unheard of “projects”, attempt to scrimp and save their way into the CL group stages, and fail

And repeat 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 13 Aug 2019 at 11:28pm
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 2:46am
credit to Cluj, scoring 4 away from home never easy in Europe and showed good mental strength to come back from behind twice
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 7:45am
Neil Lennon is an embarrassingly poor manager, he is Celtic's biggest threat to ten in a row.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 8:56am
Lennon spends 10m on a left back and center half and leaves them on the bench, why? had he already come to the conclusion they are not good enough?

Boli doesn't look up to it anyway.

He made too many changes and it back fired. Cluj are a good side but Celtic should have saw the game out.

Celtic more suited to the EL, as they would have suffered some heavy defeats like the last time.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Lennon spends 10m on a left back and center half and leaves them on the bench, why? had he already come to the conclusion they are not good enough?

Boli doesn't look up to it anyway.

He made too many changes and it back fired. Cluj are a good side but Celtic should have saw the game out.

Celtic more suited to the EL, as they would have suffered some heavy defeats like the last time.

Boli doesn't look a great defender seems happier going forward I presume Jullien was on the bench as he is not match fit yet?

Yea Celtic are not good enough for the CL and the EL qualification isn't a given? 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:11am
Lennon has said he is giving Jullien time to bed into the squad. You would expect an expensive signing like him to be starting, though what I've seen of him so far he looks week under crosses. The new right back on the other hand looks decent. Boli isn't a defender. He is a left sided midfielder so another left back is needed. Bringing on Morgan when we needed a goal was a bizarre move considering Sinclair was on the bench. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:30am
Lennon is looking to offload Sinclair whilst keeping Morgan.

Sinclair is a far superior player. (When he wants to be). 60 goals in 153 appearances is a good strike rate for a winger.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:34am
where to start last night 

mcgregor at left back lennon bottled it with boli
ntcham playing to be sold 

lawwell a ceo of a £75m turnover company on £3m basic per annum unheard of in other industry

lose to the harry dunns and he has to go before the 10 is f**ked up 

sinclair, mcgregor and julian all seemingly fell out with lennon so he picks his pals 

2 from those 3 to be out by window closing

lawwell interfering in selection 

yes a lot of knee jerk but it's been coming 

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 10:48am
Julien has fell out with Lennon?

Where you hearing this, and what was the falling out about.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2019 at 11:00am
After all that has gone on Celtic should be improving instead they have got worst! That was a debacle last night from an outfit that has dominated their domestic league and cups, shockingThumbs Down
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15271528152915301531 1928>
  Share Topic