You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15211522152315241525 1934>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:09am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

I thought the same (and I'm an Arsenal fan) but apparently they're already 100m down in transfer fees in this window due to installments owed to clubs from previous transfers. Also, last year was the first year since 2002 that they hadn't made a profit (lack of CL football can be labelled as the reason). So I'd imagine the club don't have as much money to pay out as previous years, especially as Kroenke doesn't seem to want to put his hand in his own pocket, which he can do without breaching FFP rules.

There should be a level of realism among Celtic fans though. No club is going to pay over 25-30m for a player playing in the SPL.

wan bissaka with 25 games going for £50m no european experience

KT has his price and £25m is fair doesnt matter where he plays 

robertson at liverpool played for amateurs queens park not so long ago 

not celtic's fault if arsenal cant manage their finances 

I must have missed the bit where Wan Bissaka and Robertson were signed for United and Liverpool from the SPL....
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:29am
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

If celtic don't need the money they shouldn't sell. Tierney is class and would help the 9 in a row. Arsenal can pay up or celtic should gladly hold onto him. 
Celtic will sell. £25m is slightly overpriced in my reasoning for what KT has achieved in his career to date and his injury history.....
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:05am

I thought the same (and I'm an Arsenal fan) but apparently they're already 100m down in transfer fees in this window due to installments owed to clubs from previous transfers. Also, last year was the first year since 2002 that they hadn't made a profit (lack of CL football can be labelled as the reason). So I'd imagine the club don't have as much money to pay out as previous years, especially as Kroenke doesn't seem to want to put his hand in his own pocket, which he can do without breaching FFP rules.

There should be a level of realism among Celtic fans though. No club is going to pay over 25-30m for a player playing in the SPL.

I must have missed the bit where Wan Bissaka and Robertson were signed for United and Liverpool from the SPL....
Celtic undersold Van Dijk and Dembele. They don’t need to sell and the player isn’t desperate to leave,which pushes the fee up. It doesn’t look like Arsenal are going to meet what Celtic want for him. Thank f**k!
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 7:57am
Reports saying the Gooners have withdrawn interest in KT hopefully they are accurate.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:56am
Nice touch Liz McNeill and Sadie Chalmers to unfurl the SPL flag.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 12:24pm

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

I have never seen him play and only going on what you fans say, but why isn't there other clubs looking to buy him?? 

spurs dont need
city dont need
united happy with fat arse shaw
liverpool have robertson 
chelsea i think are covered also 

he is good enough for the top 6 

Spurs sold Tripper for 20milion - who has a higher pedigree thus far than Tierney so maybe 25 is fair enough 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:40pm

Plus AWB had "added value" as a homegrown player, unlike Tierney.

(Which still doesn't make AWB worth twice as much as KT, or near it, but "seller's market" and all that)
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Spurs sold Tripper for 20milion - who has a higher pedigree thus far than Tierney so maybe 25 is fair enough 
People often overlook the cost of a player's wage package, when assessing his transfer fee.

Should he go, Tierney's wages at Arsenal will be far lower than Trippier's at Atletico. Therefore when you add in Trippier's signing-on fee as well, Atletico won't have been willing/able to offer Spurs his true "worth" as a transfer fee.

Otoh, while it still nowhere near justifies the transfer fee of £50m-odd, AWB's wages at MU are only a paltry £80k per week!

Edited by Territorial - 23 Jul 2019 at 2:51pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:49pm
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49084338
New right back finally signed. Have to say, i'm not too optimistic on him just from reading about him but hopefully am proven wrong.

Danny Simpson trial cancelled
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 3:54pm
Lennon said he hoped the club had fended off Arsenal's interest in Kieran Tierney.

He said: "It's as you were really. I've had no information other than there were two bids that came in from Arsenal that were rejected.

"There has been no further inroads into that really.

"We're in a good position. We have got no intentions of selling, he's on a long-term contract and we want him to progress with us.

"Our valuation of Kieran wasn't met and it's as simple as that.

"You will see other transfers not going through because valuations haven't been met. It's not a case of Arsenal being disrespectful.

"They put a bid in that they valued the player at. They came back again and obviously see Kieran as a very good player as we do. But on a long-term contract, we're in a very strong position when it comes to Kieran."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 8:56am
I'm off to Paradise tonight anybody else off here going?
fr larry duff View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fr larry duff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:10am
Heading over, looking forward to being back at paradise! Hopefully finish the tie tonight 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 11:11am
Originally posted by fr larry duff fr larry duff wrote:

Heading over, looking forward to being back at paradise! Hopefully finish the tie tonight 

Where you drinking pre match?
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 3:31pm
Would love a 4/5 nil hammering with Édouard getting a hattrick
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 9:32am
Great performance last night particularly in the second half if Celtic had taken more of there chances it could have been a real hammering.

McGregor Christie and Griff goals were quality.

If Christie can stay fit he could have a massive season.

Top night in Paradise.

Edited by Double Maxim - 25 Jul 2019 at 3:27pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 3:20pm
Excellent stuff last night

Christie was unstoppable
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 9:14am

Reports saying Lenny attended Partizan Belgrade's 1-0 win over Connah's Quay Nomads in person to scout a possible signing.

NL was watching centre-back Strahinja Pavlovic.

cildaratown View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

killdare town

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cildaratown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2019 at 11:46am
Does Luca Connell have any hope in getting some first team minutes this season? 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 15211522152315241525 1934>
  Share Topic