Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13391340134113421343 1935>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:52pm
Couldn't break down the 9 man wall, disappointing

We seriously miss Tierney
Sinclair shat it at the end with that chance (amazed he's top goalscorer)

Nice of the ref to not give their captain a 2nd yellow to go down to 9 with 25+mins to go

Gutless mason

Edited by tonyjaa - 18 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Cheated by the ref again... Oh wait it was they who got a man sent off and still couldn't score.
Who to blame this time then LOL
In all fairness the well deserved the point showed great heart

The 2 main wingers in Sinclair and Roberts have been as ineffective as the mistakes at the back imo.
Sinclair looks scared everytime he has the ball.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:11pm

Cheated by the ref again... Oh wait it was they who got a man sent off and still couldn't score.

The 2 main wingers in Sinclair and Roberts have been as ineffective as the mistakes at the back imo.

Patrick Roberts had been injured for over 3 months and hasn't started a game for Celtic since the end of November.

He's only appeared in about 12/13 games since the start of August due to injuries.

How can he be effective? Given that he's gotten 20 minutes today since that injury against Motherwell which was ironically his last start. 

Celtic have only conceded 14 goals since the start of December, the mistakes for the most part have been ironed out aside from the obvious exceptions against Zenit and Boyata last weekend.

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Mar 2018 at 5:13pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Patrick Roberts had been injured for over 3 months and hasn't started a game for Celtic since the end of November.

He's only appeared in about 12/13 games since the start of August due to injuries.

How can he be effective? Given that he's gotten 20 minutes today since that injury against Motherwell which was ironically his last start. 

Celtic have only conceded 14 goals since the start of December, the mistakes for the most part have been ironed out aside from the obvious exceptions against Zenit and Boyata last weekend.

So you're saying Celtic don't have any problems, I'm really glad you're not the Manager then LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:23pm
Where did I say they did or didn't? Confused

You're the one who said Roberts has been as ineffective as Celtic defence, despite Roberts playing 20 minutes of football since early December and Sinclair only coming on as a sub today due to him being out of form.

Celtic have kept 11 clean sheets since early December also.

So basically you expect a player who's had 20 minutes of football since the start of December to be effective and despite Celtic keeping 11 clean sheets since the hammering at Tynecastle the defensive problems are massive?

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Mar 2018 at 5:24pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:29pm
What about before the injuries then. I’m speaking in the wider picture, like both players not even half they were last season.

It would of been worse for Rodgers to sit there and do nothing but I feel the plan B needs tweaking until confidence levels pick up again
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:36pm

What about before the injuries then. I’m speaking in the wider picture, like both players not even half they were last season.

It would of been worse for Rodgers to sit there and do nothing but I feel the plan B needs tweaking until confidence levels pick up again

Sinclair has been dreadful and looks devoid of confidence, but Roberts has been rather injury prone this season and with him being such a young player I'm sure Rodgers is doing right by him.

The league is wrapped up now anyway (let's face it they're not going to blow a 10 point lead) so you'd like to think both will be given a chance in the upcoming league games before the cup semi against Rangers. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Couldn't break down the 9 man wall, disappointing

We seriously miss Tierney
Sinclair shat it at the end with that chance (amazed he's top goalscorer)

Nice of the ref to not give their captain a 2nd yellow to go down to 9 with 25+mins to go

Gutless mason

He’s a gutless mason because he only sent off one of their players for f**k all?
A yellow each for Brown and him would have been suffice.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:22am
Loving all the mentions about the Kipre original foul before the skirmish when he literally kicked brown in the Erse

Kipre was well over the top and shouldve had a booking himself

His kick out is a red card, a soft red card is still a red - a stupid red too! Akin to Jozo last week
Scott Brown was sent off for similar v Barca years ago, a stupid red is still a red card - it's in the rules of the game - u cannot kick out at anyone

Their captain McHughs foul when it should've been a 2nd yellow was the clearest yellow of the game

The standard of refereeing in Scotland is bubonic.
St J were fouling with impunity on Fri nite v Hibs - 2 reds were certs, not given obviously

Edited by tonyjaa - 19 Mar 2018 at 10:23am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:23am
Its never a red Tony. Take the blinkers off.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:30am
Brown left himself down badly yesterday. I love the guy but that was embarrassing. It was never a red, probably a yellow each at most.
Motherwell defended quite well but the red card made their game plan easier for them if anything. Still, they executed it very well. I don't think it will make much difference overall though.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 9:32am
Imagine Brown had been sent off for the exact same thing in last weeks game against Rangers. Would Tony have been coming out with the usual "masonic hun" talk about the referee, or would he have been saying it was the correct decision, like he is here?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its never a red Tony. Take the blinkers off.
he can’t. They are surgically fitted
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 11:13am
Poor performance all round...Roberts must start next match.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 4:53pm
SmallWeakBoy!!!!!

Its been a long time lad!!!
Hope you're well

The trolling on this thread is p!ss poor since you've left mate
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 5:56pm
kipre gave the ref a decision to make and he made it, he did kick out so intent was there, even tho it was a light kick

poor display, the one positive is getting paddy game time 

forrest took a sore one at snake mountain (for which declan went unpunished) and has toiled since 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

SmallWeakBoy!!!!!

Its been a long time lad!!!
Hope you're well

The trolling on this thread is p!ss poor since you've left mate

Unhinged and proud
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:35pm
So to sum up on this thread, Simunovic on Morelos never a red, Kipre on Brown a red all day long, but in both cases the ref is a Masonic Hun Basta
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13391340134113421343 1935>
  Share Topic