You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Celtic Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12341235123612371238 1935>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Jock Jock wrote:

Vicinity, stadium, perimeter and approaching areas.

No diiferent standards for Linfield, as said previously if Cliftonville couldnt fulfil a tie/guarantee safety of supporters vs Sevco I would have the same assertions.

Im concentrating on the Windsor leg because this is the 1 in question. Many in the media have said it would be wise to change the legs, no one said they had the authority to do so, just opinions. Me personally I dont believe that is the correct decision as I think its all a mountain out of a mole hill anyway
Righto so.

I had got the impression that you were imposing different standards on Linfield than those applicable to the hosts of other contentious matches.

Meanwhile, I personally don't pay any attention to "many in the media". In fact, when it comes to games like these ones, I don't pay attention to any...

Jock, what's your thoughts on Derry City? Their home games last season were plagued by security issues for away supporters outside the ground. Would you have advocated a ban on them hosting games? 

El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 3:33pm
Its confirmed, Linfield v Celtic will be on Friday 14th July, should Linfield get through to that stage

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Its confirmed, Linfield v Celtic will be on Friday 14th July, should Linfield get through to that stage

officially?

only seem some bits on twitter

hotels decent value at the minute

£100 for HI express and Crowne Plaza both close enough to windsor
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:18pm
Would Friday night not be one of the absolute worst times to host a fixture like this?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:18pm
I assume the Celtic fans will go in via Boucher road?
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Would Friday night not be one of the absolute worst times to host a fixture like this?

Compared to the 11th or 12th, definitely not.
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I assume the Celtic fans will go in via Boucher road?

I would imagine so, plenty of Cliftonville fans use this route with little or no incident

Obviously there will be a few on both sides looking to stir the sh*t but this is unavoidable 
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

No diiferent standards for Linfield, as said previously if Cliftonville couldnt fulfil a tie/guarantee safety of supporters vs Sevco I would have the same assertions.

Im concentrating on the Windsor leg because this is the 1 in question. Many in the media have said it would be wise to change the legs, no one said they had the authority to do so, just opinions. Me personally I dont believe that is the correct decision as I think its all a mountain out of a mole hill anyway
Righto so.

I had got the impression that you were imposing different standards on Linfield than those applicable to the hosts of other contentious matches.

Meanwhile, I personally don't pay any attention to "many in the media". In fact, when it comes to games like these ones, I don't pay attention to any...

Jock, what's your thoughts on Derry City? Their home games last season were plagued by security issues for away supporters outside the ground. Would you have advocated a ban on them hosting games? 

Cant wait for his answer to this!

2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
mike74 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 5:05pm

Originally posted by mike74 mike74 wrote:

Think about how the world views a KKK march in some hick town in the deep south... that's how the Orangemen, their incendiary parades and the bonfires (complete with effigies aimed at provocation) around the twelfth come across to the rest of civilised society. You may not like it but it is true.
I have absolutely no time for these Orange marches myself.

But I still fail to see how they are the responsibility of Linfield FC, or should compromise the club's right/ability to stage this match (assuming they get the go ahead from PSNI, which they appear to have done).

Smacks of classic "Themmuns are all the same" syndrome to me. Wacko

P.S. Hope you're remembering to flush...

Maybe flush your eyes out yourself there kid.. where did I say they were anything to do with Linfield... smacks of the classic "see one thing, read another"

Edited by mike74 - 22 Jun 2017 at 5:10pm
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:52pm

Righto so.

Where outside the ground? I was aware of incidents a fair distance from the Brandywell. As I said previously, anywhere in the surrounding approach, perimeter, stadium any club who cant provide safe conditions for supporters need their suitability questioned to host games
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Righto so.

Cant wait for his answer to this!

Lol, anticipation over a forum response. Each to their own and all that
Jock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 8:00pm

Righto so.

Looks irrelevant now, as seemingly Celtic fans wont be getting tickets 
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 9:47pm

Righto so.

Where outside the ground? I was aware of incidents a fair distance from the Brandywell. As I said previously, anywhere in the surrounding approach, perimeter, stadium any club who cant provide safe conditions for supporters need their suitability questioned to host games

So Derry and Linfield should be kicked out of the Europa league? Do people actually want Irish soccer to just collapse?
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2017 at 10:22pm
bad form if no tickets

hotels booked but able to cancel no flights booked yet
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 10:12am
Fixtures out, here's the first 2 months but obviously some will be moved time for TV scheduling.........

Sat, 5th Aug
Heart of Midlothian
15:00H

Sat, 12th Aug
Partick Thistle
15:00A

Sat, 19th Aug
Kilmarnock

Sat, 26th Aug
St Johnstone

Sat, 9th Sep
Hamilton

Sat, 16th Sep
Ross County

Sat, 23rd Sep
Sevco

Sat, 30th Sep
Hibernian
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 1:48pm

Think about how the world views a KKK march in some hick town in the deep south... that's how the Orangemen, their incendiary parades and the bonfires (complete with effigies aimed at provocation) around the twelfth come across to the rest of civilised society. You may not like it but it is true.
I have absolutely no time for these Orange marches myself.

But I still fail to see how they are the responsibility of Linfield FC, or should compromise the club's right/ability to stage this match (assuming they get the go ahead from PSNI, which they appear to have done).

Smacks of classic "Themmuns are all the same" syndrome to me. Wacko

P.S. Hope you're remembering to flush...

Maybe flush your eyes out yourself there kid.. where did I say they were anything to do with Linfield... smacks of the classic "see one thing, read another"
Wah?

This is the Celtic thread on a football forum. Celtic could be playing Linfield in Belfast. People are discussing the suitability/security etc of Linfield to stage this game at Windsor.

In that context, you go off on one about Orange Marches etc, but now you're claiming that you meant no connection between your rant and the subject under discussion i.e. Linfield?

In the words of a great philosopher, "Don't piss down my neck and tell me it's raining..."

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:00pm

Righto so.

Some serious wriggling going on here, methinks LOL

How "fair" from the stadium does the distance have to be for a club to be absolved of its responsibilities? 10 metres? 100 metres? 1,000 metres?

And in the context of Linfield v Celtic, for exactly how far from the stadium along the "surrounding approach(es)" should Linfield be responsible?

[For "surrounding approaches" I attach a map for your convenience: http://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5826207,-5.9551933,16z ]
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2017 at 2:52pm
Terry in taking a thread off-topic and talking sh*te shocker, with another moron or two in tow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12341235123612371238 1935>
  Share Topic