You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'The Cat is in the Bag'- Documentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:55am
Originally posted by deisedevil deisedevil wrote:

Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by M.50 M.50 wrote:

So RTE just compile a review of our qualifying games, knock it together and get the input of a handful of Irish players and we should all drool over it?

The fans who travelled the length of breadth of Europe and those that attended home qualifiers totally ignored. Nothing whatsoever in any of the documentary relating to us Irish fans, our experiences and our joy of qualifying for the European Championships for only the second time. The years of heartache we've had to suffer yet RTE leave us behind.

Here you go RTE

dont know were to go with this one, usually dont get involved in stuff like this but cant with this one,
basically what you wanted M50 is for rte to give you a shout and tell your story about going to games over the past 2 years and how great it is that we qualified in the end,
this perceived entitlement is sickening, what ever makes you think that people would want to listen to you instead of dunne and killerConfused

Agreed, only thing worse is media whoring yourself and your flag into photos for journos in Tallinn. This perceived entitlement of buying a flag so you can get it into as many national papers as possible is sickening.Dead

ConfusedConfused

Jesus Wink
Sponsored Links

deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 10:55am

So RTE just compile a review of our qualifying games, knock it together and get the input of a handful of Irish players and we should all drool over it?

The fans who travelled the length of breadth of Europe and those that attended home qualifiers totally ignored. Nothing whatsoever in any of the documentary relating to us Irish fans, our experiences and our joy of qualifying for the European Championships for only the second time. The years of heartache we've had to suffer yet RTE leave us behind.

Here you go RTE

dont know were to go with this one, usually dont get involved in stuff like this but cant with this one,
basically what you wanted M50 is for rte to give you a shout and tell your story about going to games over the past 2 years and how great it is that we qualified in the end,
this perceived entitlement is sickening, what ever makes you think that people would want to listen to you instead of dunne and killerConfused

Agreed, only thing worse is media whoring yourself and your flag into photos for journos in Tallinn. This perceived entitlement of buying a flag so you can get it into as many national papers as possible is sickening.Dead

ConfusedConfused

Jesus Wink

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
M.50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:18am

Here you go RTE

You're a gas lad

The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:27am
Enjoyable programme but added nothing new. Was basically just a review of the campaign. Not much behind the scenes work done
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:30am
Lacked a few interviews with the likes of Fiona looney and Amanda Brunner for me. Love to know their views on the campaign.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 11:48am
Originally posted by The Joker The Joker wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Here you go RTE
This what about qualifing games and players - not fans!
Thought it was very good.
I liked the small Island in the Big Ocean clip filmed in Landsdowne at the end.

Yeah thought that was well done myself with a few nice retro jerseys thrown in the mix...anyone from here on it?

i wasnt in it but supplied all the shirts used in it.
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:12pm
I know what M50s point is, but the majority of football related posts on here are rubbish, glad we did not have to see the spoken version of some of them on an rte documentary.

And Kerrzy; Great catch there; the lad has been engaged for 2 days and his brain is already turning to mushLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 12:29pm
Jus watchd ith and realy cnt wait for june to come now
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 2:19pm
I agree with the lads, no need or benefit from having fans included.

Agree too with the fans back slapping about the journeys and sacrifices to get to games etc. no one is asking you to do it!
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Anto Anto wrote:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnaiw0_2012-the-cat-is-in-the-bag-27-12-11_sport
I can only watch this up until 5 mins then it goes off :(

Anyone got a different link other than rte player ?
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 2:55pm
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

Jus watchd ith and realy cnt wait for june to come now

Only 6months pal im the very same , its going to be mental Thumbs Up
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trap for Pope View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap for Pope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 7:41pm
1: players views over fans views in a docu any day.
2: as posted, everyone travels (hopefully) for the teams agenda. If you want a slap on the back, head down the local.
3: I agree that it will be difficult to sleep without knowing Fiona Looney's take on the campaign

#'I'maroversdiehardandimgreatchattingaboutitnonstopon2fm'
Living for Away days
jonnyschweinstiger2 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonnyschweinstiger2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2011 at 8:26pm
certainly whets the appetite,not long to go now :)
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by AndyMc AndyMc wrote:

I agree with the lads, no need or benefit from having fans included.

Agree too with the fans back slapping about the journeys and sacrifices to get to games etc. no one is asking you to do it!

I thought the bit with the fans at the end in bridging the gap from 88 to the present day was excellent Clap

now not having a media whore on it ........well Cry Embarrassed LOL
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 5:11am
Thought it was a good show. I'd kind of forgotten the contributions from the likes of lawrence who set up the goal in Armenia, Killler who scored against Andorra, Gibson who's free led to a goal against Macedonia. Also Green started the first 4 games but I can't recall any positive contributions from him! Theres a fair chance none of these lads will make the plane to poland
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2011 at 8:57am
Loved the bit at the end where Mick Byrne says to the Irish fans before the England game in 88 'We'll do them for yis today'.
One thing that really comes across from the programme is how much belief the team have.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Green Hairspray View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Hairspray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 9:37am
Haha ye loved that too . They seemed like a really down to earth bunch of lads in 88 nobody had any high expectation for them .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic