Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'The Cat is in the Bag'- Documentary

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 2:13pm
Lads the instrumental music at the end...Anyone know it? Was at the end of a recent film too.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Town Man View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Town Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:20pm
has really wetted the appetite now! June 2012 shall be my Christmas Tongue
ballymacB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ballymacB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:35pm
Brilliant.., wouldnt mind seein the 09 one again? Any one have a DVD
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:40pm
f**king gutted, completely forgot about thios. Was watching Marley and me with herselfEmbarrassed.

This available anywhere or being repeated?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:51pm
It was a lot better put together than the 09 one. Watched the 09 one just before it. 

A couple of things struck me. The sloppiness of a lot of the goals we conceded in the WCQs has really been erased from our game. Between Kelly against Georgia, Killer in the 2 Bulgarian games, McShane against Italy and France, and O Shea playing CB in general in 2010 WCQs, they cost us automatic qualification with mistakes. Finding St Ledger is arguably one of the most important acts of Trapattoni's reign. 

Its funny how expectations have risen all of a sudden. The jubilant scenes from players and fans after getting a draw in Sofia, yet the air of disappointment and dissatisfaction that swept around Zilina only 17 months later after 'only' getting a draw. 

By the way, I think Trap's English has gotten worse in the last couple of years.Shocked
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:51pm
Decent enough production I thought and delighted to see my face almost at the beginning
finnanselbow View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote finnanselbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:54pm
Sky plused(or taped as we used to say!), looking forward to watching tomorrow
Don't tell me how it ends...
DamoGUFC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 3:58pm
Enjoyed the Documentary. Was shocked with the reaction the team got at the boxing! Thumbs Down But the celebrations at the end were great. Bring on the Euro's, cant wait.
Galway United,
My love,
My passion,
My Life.
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

f**king gutted, completely forgot about thios. Was watching Marley and me with herselfEmbarrassed.

This available anywhere or being repeated?

its on rte player now
cup champions
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

A couple of things struck me. The sloppiness of a lot of the goals we conceded in the WCQs has really been erased from our game. Between Kelly against Georgia, Killer in the 2 Bulgarian games, McShane against Italy and France, and O Shea playing CB in general in 2010 WCQs, they cost us automatic qualification with mistakes. Finding St Ledger is arguably one of the most important acts of Trapattoni's reign. 

i dont think it has. we had a great defensive record in the campaign but given was at fault for the goals conceeded against armenia and estonia. the goal in slovakia should have been cleared and 2 or the 3 goals that russia got against us could have been easily avoided.
cup champions
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:14pm
When was it when they were at the boxing?

I know it was Stan era but was it after they drew with Cyprus at home?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

When was it when they were at the boxing?

I know it was Stan era but was it after they drew with Cyprus at home?

I think it was after the San Marino match away. 
AndyMc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyMc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:33pm
Horsebox with no top on a few mins in

Honourable mentions also going to the following who were fully clothed

Antrim Man
Sham157
Sausy
Shaygivensbum
Simon: No-one brings a bag of sh*t to a pub

Jay: Your dad does

Simon: Does he?

Jay: Yeah, your mum

belfastred View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belfastred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 4:42pm
is it on rte player yet? havent been able to see it yet
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by JuanNil JuanNil wrote:

Whoever was in charge of the music played a blinder - Morrissey 'Let Me Get What I Want' when the play off draw was made and Blur to finish it off.

Roll on June
That was the Smiths Please please please let me get what I wantSmileSmile. Cracking tune
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
ilovetrap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan
McShane = Legend

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilovetrap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 5:32pm
programe showed that if paul greene hadnt of getting injured we would have came 4th in the group
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 6:05pm
It was a well worthy watch anyway , getting goosebumps right the way through it after seeing some of the clips of matches old and new!!  Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2011 at 7:07pm
YES!!! LETS BE HAVING YA!!!

Just finished watching. Well made and also a nice message to bring into the next 7 months, why can't we be greece?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic