Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The booing after the game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:01am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Never boo your own team. Never.
Fair play Stoked Hug
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Skipper Skipper wrote:

Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

I'll be honest lads and say I wanted to boo the fact that Long was being taken off instead of Sammon. I would never boo individual players but for the first time at an Ireland game I wanted to boo a decision that was completely the wrong one! You can't berate people for utter frustration!  
  Agreed, Sammon should have been replaced he wasnt even playing as a striker but as an extra man in the midfield. He won two heads, made no runs with the ball, made nothing and had a bad game but trap wants him on the pitch to prove a point.

That's unfair, he won the header that led to the pen and ran his bollix off. He nearly forced an og off their defender and put himself about. I don't think he was the best option but he did better than most people expected. But you're right about the manager wanting to prove a point, a blind man could see his legs were gone after 70 minutes and if Trap didn't trust Hoolahan to do a job there's no excuse for not bringing Doyle on to replace him.

I think Long was taken off because he was on a booking and seemed to be losing the head a bit, I right have an issue with him being taken off but whether bringing Green on instead was the right call is debatable.

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 27 Mar 2013 at 11:05am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:10am
I didn't boo but I dont know if Ive ever been more annoyed at a substitution. Of all players to take off. I can bet 99% of people were booing the manager rather than the player.
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:28am
Sammon did very well under a lot of pressure. It can't have been easy with all of the negativity about his selection but he was selected to play for his country and did his bit. I am not having a go a Sammon at all. If Trap had of taken him off instead of Long he would have got his ovation and deservedly so. I think Trap did the man a disservice leaving him on the field when for my mind he had done the job and was knackered. Lets not muddy the water between booing the team/players and booing a managers decision! 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:32am

Sammon did very well under a lot of pressure. It can't have been easy with all of the negativity about his selection but he was selected to play for his country and did his bit. I am not having a go a Sammon at all. If Trap had of taken him off instead of Long he would have got his ovation and deservedly so. I think Trap did the man a disservice leaving him on the field when for my mind he had done the job and was knackered. Lets not muddy the water between booing the team/players and booing a managers decision! 

cant agree chief apart from a few short passes to fellas outside him sammon did nothing , think he won 2 headers all night , lost a load of ball , gave up some cheap possesion , was never on the end of any ball into the box, he actually has no positional sense at all, i watched him closely praying to see something , he closed down players but any lad off the fans team would have done it , traps worst selection ever
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:33am

Agree 100%.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:35am

agree fully with this, and said the same on the match thread

Trap not only did Sammon a disservice, he made himself look foolish.
His biggest call in years starting Sammon, had he made the very obvious Hoolahan for Sammon switch on 60 minutes then Sammon goes off with a creditable performance, and no matter what happens after that Trap would not be getting much criticism, as the whole nation were begging for Hoolahan to come on.
Had Trap made that sub and it still ended 2-2, at least he could say well you all wanted Hoolahan on and look what happened!!
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:35am
Sammon was a waste of a player last night. Absolutely no threat on goal. Id say the Austrian centre halves were thanking their lucky stars he was in attack.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:36am
oh and any tackle sammon went into he came out of without the ball or with it and promptly lost it.
watch the game again and tell me i am wrong,

in fact it was a carbon copy of what he did against poland , only a little worse. it was like playing with 10 imo.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Sammon was a waste of a player last night. Absolutely no threat on goal. Id say the Austrian centre halves were thanking their lucky stars he was in attack.

See, this is the thing about football, the actions of one player can impact on another.
Coincidence that Long had the space in the first half to cause Austria a number of problems ?

theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:43am
People who booed Paul Green is bad form, and the scumbags in front me drinking whiskey, constanly abusing players is a joke. Two lads were utter scum.
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:46am
The boos were aimed at the manager and no one else . The players are well aware of that im sure. The tactics and team selection cost us 2 points , if people want to let their frustrations known that's fine by me.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:46am

+1000000000
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:47am
The thing is Milla we know the type of player Sammon is and we know about his touch etc but he ran his socks off. He was selected to play so does he refuse because we all think he's not good enough. In the same position would any aspiring footballer refuse to pull on a green jersey. He ran and harrassed all evening but we all knew his limitations so there's no point giving the man a hard time. The finger points just one way on this! 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:49am

The thing is Milla we know the type of player Sammon is and we know about his touch etc but he ran his socks off. He was selected to play so does he refuse because we all think he's not good enough. In the same position would any aspiring footballer refuse to pull on a green jersey. He ran and harrassed all evening but we all knew his limitations so there's no point giving the man a hard time. The finger points just one way on this! 

i am not giving him a hard time , i am just saying we cannot say he had a good game just cause he ran his socks off  , jaysis lads, he is not good enough , you are right in that its only one mans fault he was on the park.

BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

+1000000000

Are yis thick ? They weren't booing the team .... and if ever we had 11 lads playing for us who looked like they didnt put any effort in what would you do ? Applaude them off ? Get the boat
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:54am

The type of player Sammon is, is a brutal one.
Regarding the Mccarthy tackle, the game is becoming more and more ridiculous. Two players committed to getting the ball, one sh*ts himself, half pulls out and gets injured, the other gets a yellow. It wasn't even a free and the Austrian lad should have got a dig for being such a windy ****.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 11:58am
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

The type of player Sammon is, is a brutal one.
Regarding the Mccarthy tackle, the game is becoming more and more ridiculous. Two players committed to getting the ball, one sh*ts himself, half pulls out and gets injured, the other gets a yellow. It wasn't even a free and the Austrian lad should have got a dig for being such a windy ****.

was delighted he got the yellow though , clean slate for september

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12131415>
  Share Topic