You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The beard thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The beard thread
    Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 12:53pm
How long would it take you to grow one? I'm 21 and still wouldn't be able to grow a full one.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 12:55pm

About 9 years in your case...just in time for your 30th  Thumbs Up 

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 12:59pm
A week.
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:12pm
after day 4 or 5, the itchy face is unbearable for me and the razor comes out. Did Movember 2 year ago and it broke my heart growing the tache
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:15pm
With sham on this, the itchy stage is unbearable.  Also you do not want to look like Claret Murph or Sligo Hornet or Aido M.  Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 1:55pm
Can only go for a week without shaving, as the lads said the itchiness becomes unbearable after that!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:04pm
Hate them, hate stubble, facial hair and love shaving!
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by seanyshuffler seanyshuffler wrote:

How long would it take you to grow one? I'm 21 and still wouldn't be able to grow a full one.

Your mop on top is enough SS
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenArmy! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:31pm
I'd like to hear Metal Paul's input on this.LOL
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:47pm
Hate shaving! Trim the stubble with a head razor once a week. Does the job for me
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Hate shaving! Trim the stubble with a head razor once a week. Does the job for me
 for some reason I've never tried that. Must give it a bash
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

I'd like to hear Metal Paul's input on this.LOL
A week. And then it does me head in (except me goatee of course!) I grew a full one in the past and it had more colours in it than Joseph's infamous coat!  
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 5:59pm
Can't go any longer than a week without shaving, as already mentioned the when the itch kicks in its hard to stick. Would be able to grow a decent beard in a week and a half no bother.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:06pm
Ive had a beard for probably about 9 of the last 10 years.Just trim it about one every week with the clippers.Anytime ive ever shaved it off properly it was a bit itchy growing back but you get used of it.After about 3 weeks you don't notice.

Havent shaved properly in 3 years or so.I look complete different without the beard,about 5 years younger but i still like the whiskers.

Might have to think about getting rid of it now though as its starting to change colour,a bit of grey i dont mind,but parts are turning ginger now which is freaking me out of late!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:15pm
Will attempt Movember this year. A man should grow a beard/tash at least once in his life.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2013 at 6:17pm
I grew a goatee when I was 16 so I could get into pubs and nightclubs. Occasionally when I haven't shaved in a few days and I'm feeling lazy I'll bring the goatee back.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 9:37am
Whats the story with non-gingers having ginger facial hair? couple of my mates would have brown/dark hair and the still have ginger whiskers!
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2013 at 10:08am
I is ginger yet beard is brown. Bro is other way round.
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic