You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 229>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 3:47pm
I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not for Arsenal.

The lad's absolutely spoilt rotten with a terrible attitude to boot, but he did actually have a breakthrough season with Sociedad so he's not an absolute lost cause yet.

Sponsored Links

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 4:44pm
I'm not mad on these loan signings from Spanish clubs. Ceballos was good for a spell towards the end of last season, but hadn't/hasn't done much either side of that. Denis Suarez barely played.

I'm not necessarily worried if Odegaard doesn't work out. I'm more worried about Smith-Rowe's progress being stalled than anything else tbh.

I've seen very little of Odegaard tbh, but heard he was very good at Sociedad last season.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2021 at 5:16pm
Arsenal giving Leeds a hammering in the first half 3 0.

Leeds keeper struggled on all 3 goals.

Edited by Double Maxim - 14 Feb 2021 at 5:27pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 6:27pm
Spurs only won 2 games out of 29 games at Arsenal not many people know that!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:03pm
Jaysus they're a brutal team. Hard to watch there tonight. Strolling around as if it was a pre season friendly with time running out and them needing a goal, players going down injured and getting treatment when nothing wrong with them midway through the second half. 
Arteta takes off Aubemayang when he needs a goal. 

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:22pm
And just after he hit the post. Willian is stealing a living at the club.

Even the likes of Smith-Rowe, who has been one of the only positives of the season, tends to pass sideways or backwards too often. I'm not sure if it's an instinctive thing within the team but it's down to a lack of options when players have the ball, along with most of the players being really average.

But the lack of urgency has to fall to Arteta.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 10:24pm
Has a manager of an English team ever been gracious in defeat in Europe? Is it possible?

One penalty that shouldn't even have been given over the space of 180 minutes of football and he comes out with this turgid list of excuses.

Contrast this childish behaviour with the classiness of the way Emery carried himself after the final whistle.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 06 May 2021 at 10:29pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:24pm
Confused
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2021 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Confused

My thoughts exactly.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 3:41am
Haven't a rashers what's that about either. 

Care to elaborate HH?
It would damage this forums' reputation
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Haven't a rashers what's that about either. 

Care to elaborate HH?

Mystic River reference. Movie starring Sean Penn.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Nov 2021 at 6:07pm
Nope, still no idea. Anyway
It would damage this forums' reputation
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2021 at 10:40pm
Walk in the park tonight against a conference side but they might end up having a decent season if they win the cup and finish in the CL spots.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 9:58am
I like this Arsenal side but my question over them is what happens if Saka/Smith-Rowe/Martinelli have a super season, can they realistically hold onto players if Chelsea/City/Liverpool come knocking.

They got some abuse for the money they spent on Ramsdale and Ben White but they've certainly tightened up at the back
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2021 at 11:00am
Who would have guessed getting rid of Holding and Chambers would improve a defence!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 11:16pm
If they don't win their next two games, that's them goosed given their run-in. Bit premature for Man Utd to give up on fourth place.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2022 at 8:21pm
Holding f**king hell absolute moronic thing to do
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 229>
  Share Topic