You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 229>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
Excellent goal from Keiran Tierney against the Baggies.

Cool
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:27pm
Looked good over Christmas, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Martinelli are very promising. Manager has a decision now as to whether he's committing to rebuilding with them or will continue to try to fit in Aubumyang, Pepe etc
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 1:39pm
Now who was it saying that i did think the Gunners still had it in their locker ??????????????????
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 7:01pm
Tierney has been unleashed since they moved him to his best position of left back in a back 4
He’s brilliant going forward
Was wasted in that left sided center back position 
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 7:09pm
Was a super individual goal by KT in last nights game and a very good overall performance from him.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:10am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Tierney has been unleashed since they moved him to his best position of left back in a back 4
He’s brilliant going forward
Was wasted in that left sided center back position 

Agreed. Along with Saka, he's been the most consistent performer. Should be made captain IMO.

@Shedite, I think given how they've played since coming in, you have to stick with the younger players for now. It could rejuvenate Aubameyang and give Willian and Pepe a much needed kick up the hole.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2021 at 6:12am
Smith Rowe looks like he has a bit of class about him.  reminds me of hleb in his running style.

Didnt start a game or play a minute until last week and then plays 3 games in  week and they win all 3.   No fan if Arsenal but this lad will play for England easily and will take pressure off Arteta for not playing Ozil 

Edited by Baldrick - 04 Jan 2021 at 6:21am
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 5:25pm
Martinelli picked up another injury during the warm up. Very innocuous but doesn't look like it's a reoccurrence of the knee injury.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 9:18pm
Smith Rowe looks a player 
Reminds me of Alexander Hleb 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2021 at 10:58pm

It’s the socks isn’t it?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 8:59am

Yeah I really like him, he looked superb over Christmas. Good route for him too, played a bit at Leipzig and Huddersfield on loan, then got his chance in the number 10 role over Ozil and Willian, looks like Arteta is gonna give the kids a chance and it might be great for them. Reminds me a lot of when Untied shifted out their big name players 25 years ago and gave the kids the chance.

He was in the squad that won the Under 17 Euros a few years back too, didn't play much with Foden, Sancho and Hudson-Odoi in the squad but from what they were saying on Sky last night sounds like he had a superb attitude about it all, trained hard, supported his team mates, never sulked or moaned.

Edited by Shedite - 19 Jan 2021 at 9:02am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

It’s the socks isn’t it?

There is an echo in here LOL
AKA pedantic kunt
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah I really like him, he looked superb over Christmas. Good route for him too, played a bit at Leipzig and Huddersfield on loan, then got his chance in the number 10 role over Ozil and Willian, looks like Arteta is gonna give the kids a chance and it might be great for them. Reminds me a lot of when Untied shifted out their big name players 25 years ago and gave the kids the chance.

He was in the squad that won the Under 17 Euros a few years back too, didn't play much with Foden, Sancho and Hudson-Odoi in the squad but from what they were saying on Sky last night sounds like he had a superb attitude about it all, trained hard, supported his team mates, never sulked or moaned.

His loan spells weren't that successful. Only played 3 times at Leipzig. After he signed on loan, Leipzig discovered afterward that he hadn't recovered fully from injury. Play 19 games for Huddersfield though, which wasn't bad for half a season.

The one thing he lacks is explosive pace but he's technically excellent, and even said it himself last night that he knows what his next pass is going to be before he receives it, which allows him to make up for any physical weaknesses. Hopefully has a big future ahead of him.

Saka is just class.

I know Rob Holding is way down the list of English CB's but he's been very solid since the run of wins started. If he can stay injury-free, he'll develop in to a very good player.

Edited by The Huntacha - 19 Jan 2021 at 9:36am
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 9:49am
Rob Holding, feels like he has been around forever without ever doing anything. 26 this year. Make or break for the 2021 Matthew Upson.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 10:48am
Martinelli the Brazilian 18 year old was brilliant before his injuries. He could have made a big difference for them at the start of the season. Arteta was possibly 1-2 games away from getting the sack now he's a young manager with great potential again LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2021 at 12:44pm
The Arse are back where they belong, a genuine Top Half team!

Which is the equivalent of winning a trophy these days, no? Wink

Edited by Territorial - 19 Jan 2021 at 12:45pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:09pm
Odegaard signing completed. He looks like a 14 year old. So he fits the bill anyway.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2021 at 1:28pm
Read recently that his aul boy was given a job as youth coach when Martin was signed on at Real. You'd wonder to what extend his coaching was. More like chauffeur to his kid.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 223224225226227 229>
  Share Topic