You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Arsenal thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 229>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2018 at 9:31pm
An even more random signing than I could have expected.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Sponsored Links

kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2018 at 9:14am
Bellerin on his way out?
niallmc View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niallmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2018 at 11:40am
ARSENAL have confirmed the signing of talented midfielder Matteo Guendouzi.
The 19-year-old joins the club on what is believed to be a five-year deal worth £7million
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:33pm
Mesut Ozil retires from international football.

Seek out his Twitter post for full explanation.  Gotta admit some sympathy for him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Mesut Ozil retires from international football.

Seek out his Twitter post for full explanation.  Gotta admit some sympathy for him.

Sounds like the German right wing press certainly had it in for him.
Thumbs Down
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2018 at 10:27pm
Hard to disagree with basically anything he says.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:31pm
Hasn't gone down very well here and that ignores the vile / tax dodging head of the Red B'Tard's comments

It puts pressure on Gundogan to make a decision for himself. Could have implications for dual nationality kids in German teams. 
Even when Klose and Prince Poldi played there was often comments about their Polish backgrounds.

Interesting to see how the DFB react and what they have to say. Löw and co backed Özil to go to Russia after the storm about the photo with Erdogan. You would imagine if the DFB President digs in that Löw and co may jump ship.

Özil is being completely naive to think that the photo with Erdogan wouldn't be used for political purposes.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by BohsinMunich BohsinMunich wrote:

Hasn't gone down very well here and that ignores the vile / tax dodging head of the Red B'Tard's comments

It puts pressure on Gundogan to make a decision for himself. Could have implications for dual nationality kids in German teams. 
Even when Klose and Prince Poldi played there was often comments about their Polish backgrounds.

Interesting to see how the DFB react and what they have to say. Löw and co backed Özil to go to Russia after the storm about the photo with Erdogan. You would imagine if the DFB President digs in that Löw and co may jump ship.

Özil is being completely naive to think that the photo with Erdogan wouldn't be used for political purposes.

did he not refer to 'my president ' or was that Gundogan ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:55pm
NR
It was Gundogan

http:////www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/16/mesut-ozil-ilkay-gundogan-recep-tayyip-erdogan-picture

The shirt given by Gündoğan, who holds German and Turkish passports, bore the message: “To my president, with my respects.”
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

did he not refer to 'my president ' or was that Gundogan ?

I think that was Gundogan.

It really is a mess for the DFB and German football at the moment from the highs of World Champions to this
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2018 at 3:43pm

NR
It was Gundogan

http:////www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/16/mesut-ozil-ilkay-gundogan-recep-tayyip-erdogan-picture

The shirt given by Gündoğan, who holds German and Turkish passports, bore the message: “To my president, with my respects.”

ah right, I always thought it was from all of them to our president.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2018 at 3:09pm
I think Arsenal will do well under Emery, they had a very good squad with Wenger and he wasn't getting the most out of them, attack wise they don't need to change any players. 

So if the new signings added to a more compact defence gel well, I can see them been a lot more stronger and will be pushing for a top four place  
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:47am
Just spotted on my phone
Arsenal's Stan Kroenke makes offer to buy whole of London club - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45094538

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 10:36am
Hopefully this Usmanov lad then buys Newcastle Hug
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 5:46pm
Supporter's Trust statement on the takeover;

Edited by AnCearrbhach - 07 Aug 2018 at 5:47pm
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:28am
Arsenal have sent Arsenal Fan TV a cease and desist letter with regard to using the name Arsenal as they feel is it damaging their brand, innt bruv!
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:45am
They said on Sky on Sunday about 30 of the backroom staff were let go after Wenger.
A lot of the medical team etc have been replaced.

Lots of changes at Arsenal.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 8:46am
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Arsenal have sent Arsenal Fan TV a cease and desist letter with regard to using the name Arsenal as they feel is it damaging their brand, innt bruv!

Should be plenty of easy ways around that - Gunners Fan TV etc. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 212213214215216 229>
  Share Topic